Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News and notes from Wednesday's scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Aug 17, 2011, 2:43 PM

The offense had another good day and the defense struggled during a two-hour situational scrimmage in Death Valley Wednesday morning. Sammy Watkins continues to shine, and Chandler Catanzaro appears to be winning the job at placekicker. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: News and notes from Wednesday's scrimmage

Aug 17, 2011, 3:01 PM

I'm not sold on these freshman coming in and making an impact right away, but its getting easier and easier to see that Sammy Watkins is going to be a player from day 1.

We should do a poll on who's going to redshirt

Aug 17, 2011, 6:38 PM

Some of these frosh are going to only be with us for 3 years. To RS them would be a waste. Watkins is definitely one of those who should play this year. Who else? Haven't heard squat about Peake. What about Anthony?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Has anyone SEEN any Stats for the 2nd....

Aug 18, 2011, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: News and notes from Wednesday's scrimmage ]

scrimmage?

Real impressed with Watkins and the way

Aug 17, 2011, 4:52 PM

You could see Boyd going through his progressions on pretty much every play. That's real, real encouraging. It's nice to know that you're going to have a kid that will stand in the pocket and read his receivers instead of, you guessed it, lets roll to the right immediately and throw it up, or away...

After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned...

Aug 17, 2011, 4:59 PM

...with Steward. I really don't see him making any plays. And he got juked out of his shoes by Jaron Brown of all people.

I know it's early, but I really hope that knee's not bothering him. And I hope if he plays, he's explosive enough to make an impact so we don't burn a redshirt.

Re: After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned...

Aug 17, 2011, 5:01 PM

jaron brown, of all people. ###. he is probably our best receiver. and steward is a freaking true freshman. #### it man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2011, 5:02 PM

Wrong. DeAndre Hopkins is our best receiver. And Jaron was a distant second last year, when all was said and done.

I guess you got me on the true freshman part. No ####.

Don't tell me. #### it man.

Aug 17, 2011, 5:03 PM

why talk #### about one of our best players. so of you people are just sickening

Aug 17, 2011, 5:06 PM

I think it's pretty clear that I was pointing out that Jaron Brown isn't the "shiftiest" of receivers. And has no business juking out one of our fastest linebackers who has him cornered in the flat without a tunnel...true freshman or not.

I fully expect him to be the #2 receiver this year. And I'm sorry if I'm "sickening" to you. Maybe you shouldn't read my posts.

Anyway, I hope Steward performs this year.

Aug 17, 2011, 5:07 PM

done

Aug 17, 2011, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned... ]

I have to agree with you buddy tony I was super stoked about coming in and seeing how disruptive he would be in practice. But I have not heard much out of him from the coaches which really disappointing.

Also look at the kid in HS he was cut up like crazy all muscle and look at him now no where near as defined or as much mass.

I love the kid and I really hope its not his knee that bothering him.

Aug 17, 2011, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned... ]

I know man. Some of these folks act like its their job to analyze correct and report on how these guys are coming along. We get to see bits and pieces of plays. And the t-net know it all's are talking wasting a red shirt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2011, 5:17 PM [ in reply to After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned... ]

That was Meeks?

Aug 17, 2011, 5:21 PM

You're right. I just went back and watched it and it was #5...not #7 like I had originally thought.

Look at me jumping to bold conclusions! I knew he looked small.

Mybad. That still doesn't change the fact that he hasn't been mentioned a whole lot. Of course neither has Stephone...maybe Steele is just keeping everything low key.

Aug 17, 2011, 8:26 PM

You guys are morons! Tony S is doing great and is built like a brick house! They aren't going to tell you every little thing that he's doing each day. Go back to school along with the rest of the kids this time of year and quit your ignorant whining!

I'm thinking he's gonna redshirt.***

Aug 17, 2011, 5:24 PM [ in reply to After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned... ]

Re: I'm thinking he's gonna redshirt.***

Aug 17, 2011, 5:25 PM

bet he dont. watkins changed his number because they are on some of the same special teams

Aug 17, 2011, 9:14 PM [ in reply to After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned... ]

after watching what?????? It is a 3 min video of a sideline camera on someones shoulder. You can not make any well though out comments on someones play from any of these videos. That is stupid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jaron is one of best we have at YAC

Aug 18, 2011, 8:03 AM [ in reply to After watching it, I'm starting to get concerned... ]

His moves are incredibly shifty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

So is Bruce Ellington Andre's cousin or brother???***

Aug 17, 2011, 5:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cousin***

Aug 17, 2011, 10:17 PM

Aug 17, 2011, 6:30 PM

Offense looks great

Players get assessed penalties for B I J's during practice

Aug 17, 2011, 9:08 PM

they stress ball security so much - not sure what the penalties are after practice, but you can hear them calling out 2 BIJ's on Sammy's TD run for switching the ball. Ball in jeopardy is what they call it. Awesome way to keep them focused on ball security, I also love what I am seeing with them carrying the ball high and tight on the chest plate rather than at the side - much harder to strip it from the side or behind up there or punch it out. I see so many little things being addressed, and that is just in these short video clips, the attention to detail has to pay off on Saturdays.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: Players get assessed penalties for B I J's during practice

Aug 18, 2011, 1:28 AM

I know I'm excited to see what's in store for Tiger Football!!! I've got a really good feeling about the changes that have been made.

GOoooTIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2011, 9:45 PM

The last part of the clip, Tahj really appeared to have turned on his jets. Also, a nice, quick delivery on his throws. From spring through this part of camp, you can really start to see a "persona" of the offense, something we haven't had in years. Key metric this year will be 3rd down conversions...how many dropped passes last year in critical situations?

I thought Sammy was #7. Did he change #s?***

Aug 17, 2011, 10:18 PM

He is now #2 !!!!

Aug 17, 2011, 10:33 PM

N/M

If i never hear dabo say "catman" again, it'll be too soon

Aug 18, 2011, 10:07 AM

This guy is such a cheerleading homer.

Aug 18, 2011, 6:14 PM

Man im pumped i wish sept 3rd would hurry up already. Watkins already showing he deserves a spot on the roster that guy is going to do some big things at clemson!! And to the guys bashing steward, the reason you havent heard anything out of him is the same reason you havent heard anything about any other defensive player Steele doesnt want you to know... hes been like that since he came to clemson.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic