Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris preaches temp from the start, even for the freshmen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Aug 6, 2011, 12:40 PM

New offensive coordinator Chad Morris had the Clemson offense in hurry-up mode from the first snap of Friday's practice, and he said he didn't slow it down for the freshmen. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris preaches temp from the start, even for the freshmen

Aug 6, 2011, 1:35 PM

I have a really good feeling about this year!

Go tigers!

Oh Lawd, Coach Morris, I think I have a man-crush...

Aug 6, 2011, 1:56 PM

...Memo: Must get me a "Coach Morris Action Figure", *My Hero* limited edition...Version 2011.0

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh Lawd, Coach Morris, I think I have a man-crush...

Aug 6, 2011, 1:57 PM

I'm with you, bro. Love me some Chad Morris!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

LOL.. the first practice?***

Aug 6, 2011, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gus Malzahn, who's that?

Aug 6, 2011, 3:50 PM

...a question that people asked until he began his tenure at Auburn...etc...and now, of course, everybody knows who he is (the whole Cam Newton saga notwithstanding).

I have this feeling that Coach Chad Morris is going to do some special things at Clemson.

So, remember Chad Morris' name and background...etc.

Coach Morris seems to have a lot of intangibles that many of us (actual Clemson fans/faithful) should be very happy to have as part of Clemson's staff. If you watch the video link that accompanies this post, you'll see that he builds on the character of his players *in addition* to coaching their football skills.

Coach Morris has a great philosophy, an uptempo/high energy approach, and has a terrific coaching background. I'm so glad that he's associated with Clemson University.

Who could find something about that to be pessimistic about? (heavy sigh) Yet, it never fails.

*****CLICK HERE AND LEARN: LEADERS OF CHARACTER - COACH CHAD MORRIS*****

Coach Chad Morris - Biography

After one of the most successful high school coaching careers in the state of Texas, Chad Morris served as The University of Tulsa's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

Morris previously served as a head coach on the Texas prep level for 16 years, coaching at Eustace Independent School District (1994-97), Elysian Field ISD (1998-99), Bay City ISD (2000-02), Stephenville ISD (2004-07) and Lake Travis ISD (2008-09).

Since his first head coaching position at Eustace High School in 1994, Morris has taken six of his teams to the Texas state championship game, while three of those teams captured a state title. He has compiled an overall 169-38 record for an .816 winning percentage as a prep head coach, while earning Coach of the Year honors 11 times in his career.

In the last two years, Morris led Lake Travis High School to back-to-back undefeated 16-0 seasons as well as two Class 4A state championships. Lake Travis was the state of Texas' number one-ranked offense in both 2008 and 2009. The 2008 team was the nation's second-ranked team by USA Today and eighth by Rivals.com, while the 2009 team ranked No. 2 nationally by Rivals.com and was ranked ninth by USA Today.

Morris claimed his first state championship in 2000 when his Bay City team captured the Class 4A state title.

Morris first implemented the hurry-up, no-huddle offense in 2004 at Stephenville High School, and since that time his teams have posted an overall 75-6 record.

Morris' offenses enjoyed tremendous success in his two seasons at Lake Travis. In 2008, the Cavaliers averaged 49.0 points per game and had a 41-point margin of victory, while scoring 784 points, the fourth-most in Texas football history, and throwing for 305 yards per game. In that same 2008 campaign, Morris coached current University of Texas freshman quarterback Garrett Gilbert, who was named the Gatorade and Parade Magazine National Player of the Year, while setting the state of Texas' single-season passing yardage mark with 4,884 yards and 55 touchdowns. Gilbert also rushed for 790 yards and 28 TDs that season.

This past year, Lake Travis totaled 7,600 offensive yards for a 475.0-yard average. LTHS threw for 287.5 yards and scored 44.0 points per game while defeating its' opponents by 34 points a game. The Cavaliers put up 4,600 passing yards and 46 TDs, with just seven interceptions.

Former Tulsa Golden Hurricane quarterback Michael Wall has served on Morris' coaching staff at Lake Travis, and so did Tulsa's current Director of High School Relations Jess Loepp a year ago.

Before compiling a 32-0 record in his two seasons at Lake Travis, Morris posted a five-year mark of 49-10 at Stephenville High School. At Stephenville, Morris tutored University of Mississippi quarterback Jevan Snead, who has recently declared for the NFL Draft. Snead started the 2004 and 2005 seasons under Morris' tutelage and rushed for 1,053 yards in his senior season.

Following Snead quarterbacking at Stephenville High School, Morris coached quarterback Kody Spano, who plays at Nebraska, in 2006 and 2007. Spano threw for over 2,900 yards and rushed for more than 1,000 yards as a senior in 2007.

Before moving to Stephenville, Morris' teams registered a three-year record of 34-8 at Bay City High School, while playing for the state championship two years (2000 and 2001) and winning the crown that first season with a 14-1 record. At Bay City, Morris coached quarterbacks Andrew Smith (2000) and Scott Elliott (2001-02). Smith went on to play at North Texas where he lead the Mean Green to a Bowl Game in his freshman season, while Elliott played collegiately at Tulane.

Morris' Elysian High School teams advanced to the state championship game in each of his two seasons as the head coach, while posting a 26-6 two-year record. His first team in 1998 compiled a 12-4 record, while the 1999 team compiled a 14-2 mark.

He received his first head coaching position at the Eustace Independent School District, where he led that high school team to an 11-1 record in his final season of four years as the head coach. Morris received his
first coaching position at Eustace High School as the quarterback coach in 1992-93, before taking over the reigns as head coach in 1994.

At Eustace, Morris also served as the head boys basketball coach for four seasons (1993-97) and posted a record of 128-32.

Morris earned his bachelor's degree in Mathematics with a minor in Statistics from Texas A&M University in 1992. The Dallas, Texas native and his wife, Paula, have two children: daughter Mackenzie and son Chandler.

Alma Mater: Texas A&M `92

Birthdate: December 4, 1968

Hometown: Edgewood, Texas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gus Malzahn, who's that?

Aug 7, 2011, 12:55 AM

He also worked with Kevin Kolb of the Eagles at some point in his career. For the first time in forever Clemson could actually have a dependable QB that develops over their tenure.

Aug 6, 2011, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Oh Lawd, Coach Morris, I think I have a man-crush... ]

Let's everyone get behind our TIGERS ! A lot of things good have happened since last year & I think Dabo has done an outstanding job of recruiting as well as putting togeather an outstanding coaching staff. I think we will see the results some this year & 2013 could get special with these new recruits . Go TIGERS

Aug 6, 2011, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Oh Lawd, Coach Morris, I think I have a man-crush... ]

HOW funny!

We could have a massive Coach Morris pre-game chest bump session on the field before the Troy game. LOL

That would make the front page of Yahoo Sports.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fighting a losing battle against the hype train

Aug 6, 2011, 10:08 PM

Man, I can't wait to see what Morris will be able to do this year.

Ironic that phone ran right after he said that....

Aug 6, 2011, 11:21 PM

and someone didn't answer the phone fast either.

Boo reporters!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic