Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney says offense key to 2011 hopes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Jul 25, 2011, 7:48 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said at the ACC Football Kickoff there is one thing Clemson must improve on in 2011 - scoring. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, DUH!!!!***

Jul 25, 2011, 7:54 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Thought provoking and intuitive response Zet ! ******

Jul 25, 2011, 7:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try my best. Really, I do.***

Jul 25, 2011, 8:15 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: I try my best. Really, I do.***

Jul 25, 2011, 9:41 PM

Ditto. And can he get off the "why not us" thingy, that was Spurrier's mantra 5 years ago. Plz, let's get original.

Scored more points than any Tiger team in FOURTEEN games!!!

Jul 25, 2011, 8:52 PM

Dabo said that in 2009 Clemson scored more points than any Clesmon team in history. Maybe so, but they also played FOURTEEN games in 2009-- which was more games than any Clemson team in history. Spence and Rich Rodriguez scored more points per game than the 2009 Tigers. The 2009 offense wasn't very good. CJ & Jacoby scored a lot of points on kick/punt returns, and they gave the offense incredible starting field position. And the 2009 defense came up with 30 turnovers!

Year, Scoring-O rank, Pts/game
2009, #28, 31.4 (Napier)
2007, #29, 33.1 (Spence)
2006, #12, 32.7 (Spence)
2000, #14, 36.0 (Rodriguez)

Nice spin though!

Swinney said he thinks it's pretty correlated.....******

Jul 25, 2011, 8:58 PM

and all those others played more games than teams

Jul 25, 2011, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Scored more points than any Tiger team in FOURTEEN games!!! ]

in the 60's and 70's.....and before then. Why are you making a big deal out of this?? He didn't say the 2009 Tigers AVERAGED more points per game than any other Clemson team.
He wasn't lying and things have changed pretty drastically in college football the 40 years or so---rules, schedules, offenses........give it a rest

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and all those others played more games than teams

Jul 25, 2011, 9:02 PM

I think what he's saying is that it was pretty obvious that Swinney was trying to make a connection between the 2009 division team scoring so many points, and them also winning the division and playing for the ACCCG. When in reality Cu scored all those points mostly because they played in the most games in a single season in program history. NOT because they had some dynamic scoring offense....

The Atlantic Division was so weak in 2009, the CU program under Ford would have walked through it in their sleep...

"Why are you making a big deal of this?" "Give it a rest."

Jul 25, 2011, 9:29 PM [ in reply to and all those others played more games than teams ]

Wow! I didn't accuse Dabo of lying. I just pointed out what I thought was an interesting observation about Dabo's statistical spin.

I don't understand why you replied with a rude response saying: "Why are you making a big deal out of this?" "Give it a rest."

Give me 31 pts/game this season, though, and we're in

Jul 26, 2011, 8:05 AM

for a lot of fun. I don't see our D dropping off. The DL may not be quite as stout, but the LBs should be improved. The secondary is absolutely loaded with talent. 31 for the good guys should be a big, fat W on any given Saturday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Everyone else on Tigernet "gets it"

Jul 26, 2011, 8:25 AM [ in reply to "Why are you making a big deal of this?" "Give it a rest." ]

You are constantly badmouthing Dabo and his staff and pointing out the negatives and refusing to see (and/or admit) any positives.

It's getting old...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

But why be rude? Does it get old reading pro-Dabo posts?

Jul 26, 2011, 1:53 PM

You're wrong. I do credit Dabo for his positives, like his recruiting skill, enthusiasm, and his recent actions to improve the offensive staff. (Those posts never draw rude, insulting replies.) But I also point out Dabo's negatives (which often draw rude, insulting replies).

TigerNet's articles are practically 100% pro-Dabo, and pro-administration. Many of the TigerNet readers post practically 100% pro-Dabo and pro-administration comments. Does that get old, and do you post comments saying so? I don't think so.

Does Tigrjm, ArmyRange28, et al name-call and act rude to all those who share their opinions? I don't think so.

It seems that you, Tigrjm, ArmyRanger28, et al, are just intolerant of opinions that differ from yours.

My suggestion would be that if you disagree with anything that I post, then provide a civilized, intelligent, adult counterpoint, without name-calling me or saying rude things like "give it a rest" or "it's getting old". Or if it makes you unhappy to read my posts, then please don't read them.

I would hope that Clemson fans (especially my fellow college-educated Clemson alumni) could be respectful of others' opinions, and make intelligent points and counterpoints without being rude or insulting.

Re: But why be rude? Does it get old reading pro-Dabo posts?

Jul 26, 2011, 8:45 PM

I didn't think I was... If you consider my last comment saying "it's getting old" rude, then so be it. Sorry if other posters are rude, insulting, and/or disrespectful to you.

It just seems that 90% of your posts are negative posts regarding Clemson. By my estimation, that's about the same ratio as many of the shamecock posters on TigerNet (which is why you tend to get called a coot).

Every college's fan boards are going to contain articles and readers' posts that are "practically 100% pro-insert coach's name." That's the main reason why the boards exist... Fans want to read positive comments about the school and athletic teams they love. For many, it's one of the bright spots in the day. That's why the pro-Dabo articles and posts do not "get old" for myself (and many others on here). Using the same logic, "Clemson fans (especially my fellow college-educated Clemson alumni)" get tired of the glass half-empty posts.

By the way, I disagree that 100% of the posts on TigerNet are pro-administration.

Again, sorry if I offended you.

Is this civilized enough for you?

"If it makes YOU unhappy to read MY posts, then please don't read them."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: But why be rude? Does it get old reading pro-Dabo posts?

Jul 27, 2011, 2:22 PM

You wrote:
It just seems that 90% of your posts are negative posts regarding Clemson.
That's interesting. I just went back and looked at my last 20 threads (not each sub-thread reply). Of those 20 posts, I would subjectively say:
3 were positive
3 were negative
13 were neutral (statistical, humorous quips, etc.)

Click on my handle, go back and look at my posts and tell me if I'm wrong about that.

I think I'm pretty "fair and balanced". But I think if you're a big Dabo-fan, it may seem like 90% of my posts are anti-Clemson. I only get complaints from people on the negative posts. To me that indicates intorance.

You wrote:
Fans want to read positive comments about the school and athletic teams they love.

Undoubtedly some fans feel that way. And some fans want to read opinions from people who call them like they see them, whether those opinions are positive or negative.

You wrote: By the way, I disagree that 100% of the posts on TigerNet are pro-administration.

I didn't say that. I wrote:
TigerNet's articles are practically 100% pro-Dabo, and pro-administration. Many of the TigerNet readers post practically 100% pro-Dabo and pro-administration comments.

I don't think you'll be able to find one article published by TigerNet (at least about football) that is negative on the coaches or administration. In the last few years, I've seen maybe 2-3 that hinted at some problems. But that's about as far as it goes here. And that's fine. I still like TigerNet. I wouldn't expect balanced artivles on the Huffington Post or the Weekly Standard either. And for example, if I made a comment from a conservative viewpoint on the Huffington Post, I'd expect to get flamed by intolerant liberals, just like I get flamed from intolerant Dabo-fans here. I would just hope that Clemson alumni could be a bit more tolerant of others' opinions and discuss things in a civil manner.

You wrote: Again, sorry if I offended you.
Thanks. You really didn't offend me. It just seemed that (because of the placement of your reply) you were defending Tigrjm76's somewhat rude post. It's not a big deal. It's just not the way that I typically have discussions with people.

And which of those teams won anything?

Jul 26, 2011, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Scored more points than any Tiger team in FOURTEEN games!!! ]

Um, 2009. No division titles in 06 or 07. We had CJ and Jacoby on those teams too and couldn't get to the ACCCG.

Tulsa scoring-O ranked #44, #2, #6 in the 3 yrs pre-Morris.

Jul 25, 2011, 9:10 PM

Since Dabo didn't know the number off the top of his head, just in case anybody was wondering...

Tulsa scoring-O ranked:
2010: #6 (Chad Morris)
2009: #44 (Herb Hand)
2008: #2 (Gus Malzahn)
2007: #6 (Gus Malzahn)

Hopefully Morris is as good as his mentor, Malzahn. Should make the Auburn game interesting!

Re: Tulsa scoring-O ranked #44, #2, #6 in the 3 yrs pre-Morris.

Jul 25, 2011, 9:25 PM

Malzahn taught Morris everything Morris knows, but he didn't teach Morris everything that Malzahn knows....

;)

That;s a great line. I gotta remember that!***

Jul 25, 2011, 9:30 PM

Are you a coot

Jul 25, 2011, 10:39 PM

You sound like one, and then you fraternize with the ones on here.

Go ahead, you are not that far away from trailer trash to make that transition.

don't worry, raz, bluecootie, & all the coots will be

Jul 25, 2011, 11:56 PM

in the same club & be scolded 24/7 on here after dabo leads us to prominence. they won't be able to celebrate with the rest of us.

maybe crump can confine them all to the rivalries board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I concur, there will be a lot of handles changing***

Jul 26, 2011, 1:13 AM

That's illogical. I hope Dabo leads us to a 14-0 NC.

Jul 26, 2011, 3:34 AM [ in reply to don't worry, raz, bluecootie, & all the coots will be ]

I think it was foolish to promote Dabo to HC. He wasted two years making a lot of rookie mistakes that a good, seasoned coach wouldn't have made. In the last 2 years, he lost 8 games to teams with inferior player-talent. That's bad coaching. But it's spilt milk. Nothing can change that.

But I've always said that Dabo is a smart guy and (like Napier) he may someday become a good head coach. Afer wasting TWO YEARS, he finally seems to have put a good offensive staff in place. I sincerely hope that Dabo leads Clemson to multiple 14-0 national championships. It wouldn't change the fact that Clemson hired a newbie head coach who wasted TWO YEARS, but it would take away the initial sting.

If you want to take the intelligent, civilized, adult tack of calling me a coot for my opinions, I can live with that.

Is name-calling what civilized, Christian adults do?***

Jul 26, 2011, 3:11 AM [ in reply to Are you a coot ]

Re: Tulsa scoring-O ranked #44, #2, #6 in the 3 yrs pre-Morris.

Jul 25, 2011, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Tulsa scoring-O ranked #44, #2, #6 in the 3 yrs pre-Morris. ]

Agree 100%, most anticipated matchup in 2011 due to those two squaring off vs each other. You know Morris wants to beat his mentor, and Malzahn does not want to lose to his protege. Clemson has more talent however, especially on D, Auburn returns 5 starters....TOTAL. Tigers win big in deat valley and Morris enjoys the end of game handshake IMO.

No good deed goes unpunished? No karma for Malzahn?

Jul 25, 2011, 10:12 PM

So Morris will be an ingrate by trying to beat the man who so generously gave his time to teach Morris? Shouldn't Morris just throw the game in gratitude? :)

It's kinda funny. Two summers ago, Mack Brown's staff mentored Dabo's staff. Back then I was thinking how ironic it would have been if Dabo had later beaten Brown.

You're definitely right that the Tigers will win. I just hope it's the right Tigers.

God I hope I am wrong but Dabo

Jul 25, 2011, 9:37 PM

scares me when he talks like this. It makes me think that he does not know the root causes of last years loosing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God I hope I am wrong but Dabo

Jul 25, 2011, 9:43 PM

"scares me when he talks like this. It makes me think that he does not know the root causes of last years loosing."

He needs to tighten up!!

;)

Jul 25, 2011, 9:44 PM [ in reply to God I hope I am wrong but Dabo ]

He scares everyone, thank god Steele run the D and Morris the O. Seriously, and while at it, get a real WR coach to coach up those 4-5 star WR's. A kid with one year experience at Presbyterian does not cut it for big time Div 1 Ball, let him stay in recruiting, but he was a place holder in college, and has one year exp coaching WR's at Presb, please, cannot people see this problem?

Jul 26, 2011, 9:30 AM [ in reply to God I hope I am wrong but Dabo ]

I think he has it right. Lack of scoring was definitely the root cause of our losing last year. Sounds pretty spot on to me.

Jul 26, 2011, 9:04 PM

Poor blocking, poor selection of which running back should be on the field, poor play calling, poor kicking, blown coverages, too many penalties... Root cause, poor coaching! This is the root cause. Lack of scoring is a symptom of poor coaching.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see....one button push & POOF they are gone!

Jul 26, 2011, 9:18 AM

IGNORE-ING!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic