Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly impressive at Clemson football camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Jun 15, 2011, 3:03 PM

All eyes on Wednesday were Buffalo’s Chad Kelly, nephew of NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly and Clemson’s top quarterback prospect for 2012. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pic caption says 2 uncles? His dad didnt come to Clemson?

Jun 15, 2011, 3:12 PM

????

Re: Pic caption says 2 uncles? His dad didnt come to Clemson?

Jun 15, 2011, 3:20 PM

No...it was just two uncles. Dad made the trip for the spring game, and he wanted his uncles to see the campus. No dad this trip, which was still kind of surprising to me.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still think he looks like a young Charlie Whitehurst***

Jun 15, 2011, 3:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Kelly impressive at Clemson football camp

Jun 15, 2011, 3:19 PM

prompting one coach to do a little dance and proclaim to everyone within hearing distance that “that cat can play!”

Sounds an awful lot like Dabo to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You gotta remember that

Jun 15, 2011, 3:25 PM

these camps are for the players, not for the media.

So everything that is done is designed to leave an impression with the recruit, even if it sounds strange to those reading media reports.

But also, our head coach is known to be, ahem, somewhat enthusiastic. So, you may be on to something...

Idk why people have a problem with it.

Jun 15, 2011, 3:31 PM

Dabo is an enthusiastic guy and I'm sure a lot of the players enjoy that about him.

Re: Idk why people have a problem with it.

Jun 15, 2011, 3:37 PM

I remember there was an old line some friends told me about a Dale Carnegie course years ago. "If you act enthusiastic-- you'll be enthusiastic." Over the years we've had a few good laughs over that one. Sounds like a Holtz-ism or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to agree that

Jun 15, 2011, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Idk why people have a problem with it. ]

enthusiasm is fine so long as it doesn't approach the 1980 University of Miami kind of enthusiasm, which some people call taunting.

I agree. Good call.***

Jun 15, 2011, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly impressive at Clemson football camp ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly impressive at Clemson football camp

Jun 16, 2011, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly impressive at Clemson football camp ]

Could have been Dabo, but I remember a very enthusiastic assistant coach we had at Clemson, albeit he was ony there for a brief time, who woke up a really dead Clemson defensive line. That carried over to the LB's and then to the rest of the whole team. It was Jimmy Johnson, and his antics woke up the entire team and staff. He was the most charismatic guy I ever met, and I wish he had stayed at Clemson. He left to go back to be Head Coach at Oklahoma State when their coach was killed, but he was inspirational. Enthusiasm is contagious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we get Kelly, but also interested in the Rowe kid***

Jun 15, 2011, 4:34 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic