Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell contract extended
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Apr 29, 2011, 4:37 PM

Clemson Athletic Director Terry Don Phillips announced Friday that Head Basketball Coach Brad Brownell has agreed to a contract extension. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell contract extended

Apr 29, 2011, 4:41 PM

fire Jack

natta boy TDP***

Apr 29, 2011, 4:41 PM

Re: Brownell contract extended <-- GREAT NEWS

Apr 29, 2011, 4:42 PM

Paying the man.

Great news!***

Apr 29, 2011, 4:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

haaiiillllllll yeeaaa!!

Apr 29, 2011, 4:46 PM

oh. they got KY jelly for a dollar, HAIL YEAA.

Re: Brownell contract extended

Apr 29, 2011, 4:47 PM

Whewwwwww. Finally

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell contract extended- good job TDP

Apr 29, 2011, 6:16 PM

well earned CBB. Glad you're at Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha.. the true Clemson way right there!

Apr 29, 2011, 7:17 PM

I don't have a problem with it... I like Brownell. But he's been here for one season. LOL

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: TDP is crazy. That kind of an increase is uncalled

Apr 29, 2011, 9:58 PM

for. I hope not but this thing could turn out like Hewitt except on a smaller scale. We just hired the guy and giving him a big raise? No wonder we have financial problems.

Apr 29, 2011, 10:03 PM

lol where do they find you people

The real world. Most people don't live in your fantasy land***

Apr 29, 2011, 10:23 PM

Footballfan and Peanut must not follow basketball closely...

Apr 29, 2011, 10:35 PM

Y'all are gonna be singing a different tune when schools are begging Brownell to leave.

Glad he got the raise... and IMO...

Apr 29, 2011, 11:36 PM

it should have been more. Got-Fried at NC State got hired for the same salary and Brownell is way better than him. I was hoping around $1.3 or 1.4M a year. Hope the adminstration is prepared to pay him more in next few years if Brownell gets to the next level because it will take that and maybe more to keep him. Rick Ray and the rest of the staff should get pay bumps now also.

agreed

May 2, 2011, 9:59 AM

in my opinion, it should have been more. great article in the Greenville News on where we rank in the ACC for paying our head basketball coach. Now, i think Brownell is tied for 6th most in the conference (but i don't have the article in front of me). pretty fair if you ask me. but look at Coach Krwyoiucoijski, Gary Williams, Leonard Hamilton, whoever the new coach at NC State (as someone mentioned previously) and Brownell is tied with UVA's coach.

I'm not really singing a tune right now. If he turns out to

May 1, 2011, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Footballfan and Peanut must not follow basketball closely... ]

be a great coach, then I will be happy he got such an enormous raise after only 1 season. However, I think it is best to wait before offering big contracts, so you don't end up with an expensive dud.

Apr 30, 2011, 3:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TDP is crazy. That kind of an increase is uncalled ]

Man, have you been a jealous person over others success all your life. Or is it just a coach Brownell thing with you. Never the less, I believe coach Brownell has earned his raise. I'm glad to see TDP doing the right thing to keep the good coaches around....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2011, 10:01 AM

I'm glad coach Brownell got a raise and an extension. If I remember correctly, most polls had Clemson finishing dead last or maybe one spot removed from the cellar. Early in the season looked grim with a couple departures form the team. Our coaching staff got our guys playing very good basketball and far exceeded everyone's expectations.

I hope he stays for a long time!

Everyone on the team improved their play!***

Apr 30, 2011, 10:04 AM

Stick to booger eating, this is the way the business works

Apr 30, 2011, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TDP is crazy. That kind of an increase is uncalled ]

If he wasn't extended and left for another job, you booger eaters would be crying that TDP should be fired. You don't think he deserved the raise? Well I guarantee another school did. He was getting a raise one way or another.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are two sides of the issue. Some of you sound

Apr 30, 2011, 10:40 AM

like Brownell's agent. I like the coach and think he is doing a good job but he has only been here one year and if his commitment to CU is no stronger than that then we will be under this pressure every year. Yes, it is all about money but it is our money and it still does not grow on trees.

Coaches cost that much these days.

Apr 30, 2011, 3:57 PM

If you want to keep paying a coach $800k with a modest 2% raise (what I got this year), you will be hiring a new coach every year.

Maybe don't think of it as a raise, think of it as hiring a new coach at market rates for his level of success.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
- Steve Martin

Success deserves reward. Win in

Apr 30, 2011, 1:12 PM

Chapel Hill and he deserves another 100K. Or perhaps, we could be like UNC and just give the refs 500k for their trust fund.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic