Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris preaching ball security as spring camp draws to a close
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,876

Apr 3, 2011, 3:00 PM

New offensive coordinator Chad Morris says that the only team that can beat the Tigers resides in Clemson, and that taking care of the football is the one thing he wants his team to understand as spring practice draws to a close. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ncarolina5 cu 4

Apr 3, 2011, 4:04 PM

game over

Way to stay on topic***

Apr 3, 2011, 9:47 PM

Re: Morris preaching ball security as spring camp draws to a close

Apr 3, 2011, 6:22 PM

Glad to hear we are a running team!!! With Boyd at QB that makes me feel a lot better.

Why? Boyd is a heck of a pocket passer and NOT a

Apr 3, 2011, 9:28 PM

running QB. He will do just fine. He is a gunslinger first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhhh

Apr 3, 2011, 9:29 PM

you're ruining the surprise......LOL....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The QB for Tulsa averaged 43 rushing yds per game and only

Apr 3, 2011, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Why? Boyd is a heck of a pocket passer and NOT a ]

3.5 yds per carry. Tulsa's offense on the other hand was 5th in the country and piled up about 4 miles worth of yards.

The QB doesn't need to be another Cam Newton in this scheme for it to succeed. Boyd needs to be able to run enough to keep the defense honest.

what.. you mean all black QB's aren't running QB's?***

Apr 3, 2011, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Why? Boyd is a heck of a pocket passer and NOT a ]

Re: what.. you mean all black QB's aren't running QB's?***

Apr 4, 2011, 12:11 AM

that was funny as heck. GO TIGERS AND NOBODY ELSE

Kyle Parker's 2010 passer rating: 117 (57%). Boyd: 108 (52%)

Apr 4, 2011, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Why? Boyd is a heck of a pocket passer and NOT a ]

Prior to tearing his ACL, Rivals listed Boyd as a top dual-threat QB and Boyd touted his dual-threat (running) abilities. After Boyd tore his ACL, his high school coach didn't run him, Rivals relisted Boyd as a pro-style QB, and Boyd touted himself as a pocket-passer.

From what I saw of Boyd last season and in this spring's scrimmage video, (including his interception on Saturday), I'm not convinced that Boyd is a great passer. (At least, not any better than Parker.) Boyd saw significant action against both SCar & USF, but had a lower passer rating than Kyle Parker had against both of those opponents. We'll see.

Love Allens quote..Diehl and Allen bring a physical presence

Apr 4, 2011, 12:48 AM

The more and more that you hear a team talk about "punching you in the mouth" and "laying the wood"...The more they move from a finesse team to a physical team

Bowden's teams always talked about "weapons all over the field"...Dabo's teams talk about "dominating the point of attack"...There's an important cultural difference there

Well said. This is WHat Dabo brings to

Apr 4, 2011, 11:46 AM

the table. Some are critical of the fact that Dabo is not a proven coordinator but my contention has always been that he doesn't need to be. Keep it tough and clean and go recruit and let your coaches coach and he will be a great coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic