Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,622

Mar 28, 2011, 10:23 AM

The departure of senior defensive tackles Jarvis Jenkins and Miguel Chavis and the dismissal of tackle Jamie Cumbie last June have left the Clemson defense in an unfamiliar position – a lack of depth in the middle of the defensive line. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot

Mar 28, 2011, 10:55 AM

This is how you build a winner. Find kids that are smart, tough, strong and will run through a concrete wall for you.

"It doesn't matter, as long as I'm on the field helping the team."

That is what will keep him on the field. Attitude.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he keeps packing it on. We need Defensive Tackles that

Mar 28, 2011, 11:16 AM

weigh 290+. 250 - 270 is too light to play inside, IMO, especially in shorter yardage situations.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Hope he keeps packing it on. We need Defensive Tackles that

Mar 28, 2011, 12:02 PM

an athletic DT who is simply a player can still command double teams because a lot of OG's have trouble with athletic DT's. athleticism with leverage is a big thing on the inside which is why a big guy with strength can be deadlocked by a smaller guy with athleticism and technique. this is why grady jarrett is going to surprise a lot people and probably not redshirt. he is 280 already and a state champion wrestler in GA. jarrett knows locks and throws and is country strong. jarrett is my pick to add depth from the freshman class and eventually prove to be a steal... but barnes is going to be fine at 275 for depth purposes but still has time to add more weight and improve our DL play overall for the future as he continues to bulk up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, Ive been saying all along that Grady Jarrett is

Mar 28, 2011, 12:29 PM

gonna be the biggest surprise of this 2011 class. He didn't deserve to be a 3 star, he just didn't have the breakout senior season in HS that he should've. I've actually talked to him via text message and he said that his senior season was plagued with minor injuries & illnesses, but have you seen his Junior stats? like 18 sacks and 20 or 30 some odd TFL.

Plus, it also helps being the nephew of Ray Lewis =)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think dodd(if he qualifies) has the potential out of all

Mar 28, 2011, 12:35 PM

the DT's in this class

Williams, lost in the cycle becuase early local commit

Mar 28, 2011, 1:20 PM

but prob the one who for sure will not RS and already well over 300. Rumored to have grown an inch or two late, as well.

yeah i believe williams will be agood one as well***

Mar 28, 2011, 2:08 PM

Re: Barnes brings athleticism and depth to defensive tackle spot

Mar 28, 2011, 12:06 PM

I like his attitude. Should help the team. Defense should have plenty of playing time opportunities for younger players this year. It will be interesting how the competition plays out at each position.

I was excited when we landed Barnes over FSU last year

Mar 28, 2011, 12:31 PM

I believe if he gets up to 280-285 by at least october, He will be fine. Him and Grady Jarrett are gonna command the interior of our D-Line starting in a year or so, they're gonna be nasty.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,622
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic