Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maye transferring to Miss. St, sends message to Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Mar 22, 2011, 12:30 PM

Clemson’s redshirt junior linebacker Brandon Maye will transfer to Mississippi State for his senior season and has a final message to all Clemson fans. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him!***

Mar 22, 2011, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for him!***

Mar 22, 2011, 3:35 PM

gotta luv him getting his degree from clemson and seeking higher education...sounds like he found a great fit at MSU, good luck to him:)

Re: Maye transferring to Miss. St, sends message to Clemson fans

Mar 22, 2011, 12:36 PM

Thank you for all the hard work and your contributions Brandon! Good luck in your future endeavors!

You will be missed! Had a chance to meet your family at

Mar 22, 2011, 12:45 PM

away games and always enjoyed talking with them. Thanks
for always representing Clemson with great character.
Good luck to you and may God bless you in whatever you do.

Does a "program on the upswing" mean that

Mar 22, 2011, 12:40 PM

he was looking for a program that was a little better off talent & or status wise? or am I just mis-reading that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was going to transfer regardless ...

Mar 22, 2011, 12:46 PM

... of the outcome of the past season at Clemson.

I think he is just saying that given that he was going to transfer he wanted to find a program that was:

1) nearer to his home
2) had a post-graduate degree program that he wanted to study in
3) had a football team that was improving and he felt he could contribute to the success of

I don't think he was slighting Clemson's poor season at all.

that's the way I took it too

Mar 22, 2011, 2:29 PM

but many here have to inspect every word

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that sucks for us***

Mar 22, 2011, 9:42 PM [ in reply to I think he was going to transfer regardless ... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% class, not that I'm suprised or anything.

Mar 22, 2011, 12:40 PM

Definitely gonna miss the tenacity that he showed on the field. Love the way he would fire guys up.

"Even if I get drafted, I will say I am from Clemson"

Mar 22, 2011, 12:41 PM

Nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That was a nice article about Brandon, one a Tiger

Mar 22, 2011, 12:46 PM

always a Tiger. Good luck!

Thank you Brandon and good luck!***

Mar 22, 2011, 12:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely sounds like a personal issue, not a problem with

Mar 22, 2011, 12:57 PM

CU. Very classy statement. He didn't have to say anything. Sounds like he wants to let people know there was no issue with Clemson, just his private life. Good luck to him. Hope he shines at MSU.

Best of luck at MSU and in your life to come.

Mar 22, 2011, 12:59 PM

Thank you for all you did for Clemson!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

God speed, young man. You are a class act.***

Mar 22, 2011, 1:28 PM

Re: God speed, young man. You are a class act.***

Mar 22, 2011, 2:14 PM

One of the brightest Students I have ever met, this man is graduating in 3 years!!! I have to say I am going to miss him but will Pray for him and his family much success!!!

Re: Good player. Good kid.***

Mar 22, 2011, 1:30 PM

Thank you for your hard work and dedication BTW on 10/15/11

Mar 22, 2011, 1:34 PM

continue crushing Coots!!!

Once a Tiger always a Tiger!!!

Good Luck B Maye

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

GOOD LUCK!!***

Nov 7, 2022, 9:45 AM

Mar 22, 2011, 1:39 PM

His comments confirm what Clemson fans already know: that "Brandon is a class act." Brandon, thanks for all your hard work and contributions to the Clemson football program "on and off" the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2011, 1:44 PM

You always hate to lose a good player with lots of experience, but this young man is one with a lot of talent and character that you really hate to lose. Like others before me, I do wish him the very best, and hope he ends up in the pros (if they play again any time soon); and, if MSU plays SC I hope he lives in their collective helmets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of luck to him. Hope to see him in the NFL.***

Mar 22, 2011, 1:44 PM

Good for him. Sounds like a good outcome and I hope

Mar 22, 2011, 1:59 PM

he gets where he wants to go with it. BEAT THE COOTS!

My Brandon Maye story

Mar 22, 2011, 2:16 PM

A few years ago I took my son(then 5 years old) to practice one day. We were sitting on the bench beside the tombstones when the players arrived for practice. He was sitting there with his Sharpie and his miniature Tiger paw autograph football just waiting. His main goal of course was to meet CJ, get his autograph and have his picture taken with him. Anyway the players were walking to the practice field and all the sudden Maye turns around, comes back and apologizes to my son for ignoring him when he walked by. He signed his ball and we thanked him for his time. Yes he got the chance to meet CJ, get his autograph and have his picture taken with him but what Brandon Maye did made more of an impact on me than anything. We should all be proud that he chose to come here and we should all pull for him in whatever he does in life.

On a side note, his favorite part of practice was getting to shag footballs for the kickers.

Re: My Brandon Maye story

Mar 22, 2011, 2:36 PM

That describes Brandon perfectly Shorty, We all will miss him greatly.
He is what we would want our Son to be on the college campus, a great student, A great Ambassador, A very good football player, but most of all an Honor to his parents!!!

Re: My Brandon Maye story

Mar 22, 2011, 6:53 PM [ in reply to My Brandon Maye story ]

I too, have a Brandon Maye story. At the ACC football championship game a few years ago in Tampa, my family and I were sitting in the first row right behind the Clemson sidelines. I had the opportunity to cheer up close for our players which was alot of fun! Brandon would acknowledge what we were saying and responded back to me several times. It was truly a fun night. That started a relationship with Brandon. I always spoke to him during Tigerwalk. He was also always willing to take pictures. A true classy young man who I wish the best. Brandon, I will miss your enthusiasm for the game but I am so happy you still consider yourself a Tiger!

Brandon Maye is a class act. I'm proud that he will remain

Mar 22, 2011, 2:47 PM

as a lifetime Clemson Tiger.

Mar 22, 2011, 3:16 PM

Pure class, good luck young man!

Brandon, I had the fortune to meet your mother and...

Mar 22, 2011, 3:29 PM

step father at half time of the Miami game in South Florida last year. Your mom is a great lady and very proud of you!

I want to also say that the way you handled your exit from Clemson in the your press release today on Tnet is commendable and speaks volumes of the young man you are. Your mother should be proud! There are not many young athletes today that are as humble and as honest as you.

I will follow Miss. St. a little closer next year because I know you are there. Best of luck in your senior year and even better luck with what I am sure will be an outstanding career in Sports Administration.
Best regards,

Ken Jackson
Class of 1976

And there is no other Brandon Maye. Maye, ur TOP NOTCH!***

Mar 22, 2011, 3:31 PM

Mar 22, 2011, 4:00 PM

May God bless you and keep, may He cause His face to shine on and give you great success! Thanks Brandon!!

Best of luck***

Mar 22, 2011, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easily one of the best articles I've ever read about a

Mar 22, 2011, 4:49 PM

player who is leaving the program. I think this really speaks volumes to the type of players that are on our team. I love the loyalty and respect that Brandon Maye has shown during this transfer.

Best of luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice parting message to Clemson fans....

Mar 22, 2011, 5:16 PM

I don't know his reason for leaving, but he went out on a classy note. No question I'll be pulling for him at MSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good luck. I hope he starts, gets his masters, & goes NFL.

Mar 22, 2011, 5:49 PM

He graduated Clemson in 4 years, which is good to hear. I hope he can get his masters degree completed at Miss St.

With Miss State's 3 starting LBs graduated, Maye should improve his playing time by transferring. Seems like a smart move... especially if he really wants to study Sports Administration.

I have never been an MSU fan

Mar 22, 2011, 9:05 PM

but I will be this year. Maye has been nothing but class and I wish him nothing but success.

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Good luck and thanks for the memories!

Mar 22, 2011, 9:20 PM

Good luck Brandon Maye...thanks for the Clemson memories.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2011, 11:22 PM

Best of luck. Wish you the best.

We should #### them over so he has to go to Ole ####.

Mar 23, 2011, 12:19 AM

Like what they did to us.

Mar 23, 2011, 12:37 AM

Class act young man.....best of luck to u

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Very classy. Thanks for everything, Brandon. Wish you well***

Mar 23, 2011, 1:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2011, 9:28 AM

Best Wishes to you Brandon.. just make sure you take care of business if you play the coots. ;)

Best wishes! We will miss you and your smile, but will

Mar 23, 2011, 10:16 AM

follow you at Miss St and cheer you on there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2011, 10:24 AM

Respect the decision and the person. I hate to see him leave, but I'm glad that he doesn't hold anything against the university or coaches. Good luck at Miss St, I know that I'll still be cheering for you especially when y'all play USCjr.

Mar 23, 2011, 2:10 PM

Just one thought...if he wants to transfer to major in Sports Adm at MSU why has he been a Sociology major at Clemson instead of a Community Recreation, Sport and Camp Management major at Clemson. Sorry, I don't buy it.

I do wish him the best and I appreciate the way he went out.

Good luck Brandon!!

Mar 23, 2011, 10:17 PM

Very classy! I wish him God's speed. He will be fine, and he is leaving us at a time when we have much talent to be excited about. We will be fine, too. Go Tigers!!!

Mar 23, 2011, 10:19 PM

I wish him well and appreciate all of his hard work and sacrifice at Clemson. He will always be a TIGER

God Speed

Mar 24, 2011, 12:49 PM

I enjoyed watching play and will continue to. Remember you're still a TIGER!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic