Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Duke game notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,369

Mar 1, 2011, 10:32 AM

Clemson owns 13 wins over top-25 Duke teams in its history, the most over any other school. The Tigers’ last win over a ranked Duke team was on Feb. 4, 2009 when Clemson won 74-47 at home over No. 4 Duke. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke was #4 when we beat them by 27 two years ago

Mar 1, 2011, 10:36 AM

That was a great night. Paulus gettin t-bagged by Grant was epic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Timeout

Mar 1, 2011, 11:35 AM

What I recall from that game was Coack K's timeout at the end of the game when they were down by 20+ and he wouldn't talk to his team. He just made them sit there through the timeout and listen to the crowd. I don't recall ever seeing a coach do that before. Probably wasn't a fun practice the next day.

Coach K probably did that because they were losing so badly

Mar 1, 2011, 12:04 PM

to us in that game; Bet that practice after VT probably wasn't fun either, but probably not as bad since a 4 point loss is nothing like a 27 point loss.

I think I remember some comments about that

Mar 1, 2011, 12:09 PM

He wanted the guys to listen to the crowd so they wouldn't play that bad again.

It was sort of like making your child smoke a carton of cigarettes.

The story was that Coach K wouldn't let them wear Duke stuff

Mar 1, 2011, 12:09 PM [ in reply to The Timeout ]

during the next practice.

null

And Oglesby's attempt at a dunk, with Purnell just shaking

Mar 1, 2011, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Duke was #4 when we beat them by 27 two years ago ]

his head. That was just an awesome game overall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Clemson vs Duke game notes- if we ever needed to win one

Mar 1, 2011, 12:18 PM

against them this is it. It would help our NCAA Tourney chances so much assuming we can also beat VT next weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs Duke game notes- if we ever needed to win one

Mar 1, 2011, 1:17 PM

Love the Tigers and if had a choice would prefer free season of B-Ball tickets over Football.

But I give us 0% chance to win this game against Duke. Hope it happens but no way. Sorry coach and team.

At Duke.
Senior Night.
Duke just lost.
Duke was bad from 3pt line against VT.
TV game.
our TOs keep increasing.
our 3pt % keeps decreasing.
We still play more "dumb", than smart when game is tight

My hope is that we come out of this game focused, able and healthy enough to beat VaTech.

That is last hope we have to get into the NCAAs. Slim chance, but still a chance to make NCAAs.

Coach B deserves ACC coach of the year.

In my heart I want to flame the ###### out of you and call

Mar 1, 2011, 3:39 PM

you a coot. But, alas, I can't bring myself to do it.

My head says you're probably right.

Stranger things have happened, though. "That's why they play the games."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It's all about matchups, guys...

Mar 1, 2011, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Duke game notes- if we ever needed to win one ]

I said going into UNC that I would rather play Dook than UNC due to the way we defend. If UNC gets hot outside, it's over (and they did). If Dook starts shooting from outside, we can go out and defend because we switch off pretty well. If Smith is not allowed to drive around the right side of our defense into the paint all night, we have a legitimate chance. We need to help down low and play solid singles outside while switching off of screens regardless of matchup. If we do that, we can win.

As far as the "reasons":

At Duke, away is away and this makes it tough but CIS is not as difficult as some believe.

Senior Night, I hope the Seniors fly all over the place trying too hard. This is not a dissadvantage.

Dook just lost, this one could hurt us. They will be focused. However, if we get them down early, it could help us too if they start believing we can beat them.

Dook was...from 3, does not win games outside on the first shot. They win shooting 3's if they get lots of rebounds. If we control the rebounds while defending, they will shoot around 25%. I'll take that.

TV game, our guys like being on TV too!

TO's increasing, not really. Sure they are ramping up but so are everyone else's. It's the nature of the game to get more TO's in late Feb and early March. Plus, we have increased our opportunities so statistically, our TO's must go up.

We still...dumb..., I don't agree. I've seen us play terrible in tight games as well as disciplined. These guys don't seem to be letting the pressure get to them. When they miss, it seems they are just missing (except Young Saturday > trying to keep the streak alive). I have seen no signs of pressure induced mistakes. If we decide to shoot well from the FT line, we will have a good night.

I too hope we win. I put us at 4 point dogs but we could easily win if we shoot well. Our defense will be the key. If we make them take bad shots and we get the rebounds under our basket, we will win.

As far as NCAA's, A win against VT along with two in the tourney could be enough but one win against Dook along with VT is also enough even if we are 1 and done in the tourney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

The pressure will be all on Duke...

Mar 2, 2011, 10:40 AM

Their senior night. #1 seed on the line for them. Playing Clemson at home, they are expected to win. If Clemson can get the momentum up early in the first and second halves, make free throws, be big in the boards and make some 3's, then Clemson wins. Lotta if's, but pressure can make if's come true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,369
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic