Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dorman's Destefano a huge target for Clemson in 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Jan 26, 2011, 12:20 PM

In a year where the Tigers are going need offensive lineman, Dorman's Patrick DeStefano figures to be ranked among the top players in the state of South Carolina next season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dorman's Destefano a huge target for Clemson in 2012

Jan 26, 2011, 12:42 PM

Size, intelligence, work ethic, a desire to learn, and we've got a line coach now who can develop talent like this. What's not to like about this kid. I wish we could get a committment from him this afternoon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2011, 12:49 PM

seems like a good kid from the article( I know nothing else about the young man). and he seems interested in CU. I liked the desire to learn and improve and understand the protections even while on a visit. Tells you something about work ethic and coachability I suspect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was on Open Mic Daily (ESPN Sptbg) and he said that

Jan 26, 2011, 1:12 PM

he had always been stuck on one school and thought that he would play at that school bc it was a nearby school. I have heard he really liked Clemson but not sure if thats what he was talking about. But I do know that he is very smart and has some really great offers on the table.

we can only hope it is CU

Jan 26, 2011, 1:18 PM

I'd love to see him in Orange. Thanks for sharing that as I live out of the area and had not heard it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we can only hope it is CU

Jan 26, 2011, 10:57 PM

It is. We'll try to get him, but he's a pretty heavy lean to Clemson.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

You don't know if he has any plans to move to the Rock HIll

Jan 26, 2011, 11:38 PM

area for his senior year do you?

Re: You don't know if he has any plans to move to the Rock HIll

Jan 26, 2011, 11:41 PM

That'd be nice if he did. :)

Jan 26, 2011, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Dorman's Destefano a huge target for Clemson in 2012 ]

He sure was blowing the D off the line in run plays, and good pass protection. He would look good in Clemson Orange!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something tells me he's not going to be one of those guys

Jan 26, 2011, 1:30 PM

who Tweets "I'm going to Duke", then "I'm going to Clemson", then "I'm going to UNC".

Seems like a high character guy. I hope he comes to Clemson, but if not - best of luck to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now he is #1 on my board for 2012. Must have!

Jan 26, 2011, 2:24 PM

Look at the video......awesome!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right now he is #1 on my board for 2012. Must have!

Jan 26, 2011, 2:26 PM

HOw could this kid be in the lockerroom at halftime. Was he on an official visit or is that commonplace with recruits?

“I had been down in the locker room during halftime, and I was going over the protections,” DeStefano told TigerNet. “If Clemson is going to be one of the schools I potentially play for, then I wanted to see if I could pick up the playbook and learn just a couple of their pass protection schemes. I want to be able to pick it up fast.”

Ok, I'm convinced. Let's get this guy.***

Jan 26, 2011, 2:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His dad has done a great job with him

Jan 26, 2011, 2:45 PM

or at least someone has.

He gets off the ball low, right first step, great hand work, turning dl inside, keeps driving with his feet. Pass pro was even better than his run blocking. Seems like a high fb IQ guy, and we all know that the smartest players on the field are the OL. ;)

He either pancaked, or drove his man 10-15 yards down the field on most of those plays. I know he outweighs most of them by at least 50 lbs, but still that is impressive.

Re: His dad has done a great job with him

Jan 26, 2011, 11:00 PM

From my understanding, Destefano is one of the better OL recruits in the South next year (more than likely best in the state) and, also could be one of the best in the country. He is a solid player and Clemson is the favorite...by a good margin.

Whichever side he's on that's the one Dorman runs to.

Jan 27, 2011, 12:31 AM

Easy enough to spot & try to shut down.

Kid looks good in the film, could stand to keep punching more in passblocking though.

Offensive linemen are usually the smartest cats on the team***

Jan 26, 2011, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 26, 2011, 7:11 PM

Quote:
If I don’t feel right about the campus in general, then I don’t want to spend four or five years there. And of course, I look at the athletics and the academics.

Pretty much rules out USuC, huh?!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic