Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowers to turn professional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 3,170

Jan 5, 2011, 4:46 PM

Bowers had a breakout 2010 season when he led the nation in sacks with 15.5 and ranked second in tackles for loss with 26. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats, thank you, and best of luck!***

Jan 5, 2011, 4:50 PM

He should have stayed another year***

Jan 5, 2011, 4:51 PM

Re: He should have stayed another year***

Jan 5, 2011, 7:02 PM

There is no way he could top this year. Why risk losing stock in the draft when you can go in highly sought after?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He should have stayed another year***

Jan 6, 2011, 2:54 AM [ in reply to He should have stayed another year*** ]

Why would he want to come back and risk injury on a team that will finish at best 3d over all in the ACC. With a 8/4 record at best. DaQuan, you have just made the absolute smartest career move that you will ever make. Good luck to, and I will be a fan of yours as long as I'm alive. Thank you for all you gave to our Clemson !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowers to turn professional

Jan 5, 2011, 4:52 PM

We will miss you next year, but best of luck to you. Go sack some NFL QB's.

Jan 5, 2011, 4:53 PM

If only he let Dabo know before the Carolina game he could have run down the hill as a senior as well!

Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan

Jan 5, 2011, 4:53 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Tiger man needs no introduction...

Re: Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan

Jan 5, 2011, 4:55 PM

so, you think if we win 9 or 10 he would be back.

Jan 5, 2011, 5:04 PM

its not exactly jumping ship when you can be a top 5 pick and make more money that any of us dream about. He gains nothing by staying. If he stays, he either jumps a couple spots or falls a lot, he would also age a year and lose one year of playing in the NFL at that salary......

I don't blame him, like I said, I wish him the best***

Jan 5, 2011, 5:07 PM

Yep - let's see, that makes . . . ONE now. Sinking fast!***

Jan 5, 2011, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

One? Didn't we just lose a coach to ALA?***

Jan 5, 2011, 5:33 PM

I don't see it as "jumping ship". It's a very smart move on

Jan 5, 2011, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan ]

his part. Good luck Da'Quan.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Agreed *********

Jan 5, 2011, 6:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Jumps ship" has a negative connotation that doesn't fit

Jan 5, 2011, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan ]

this situation. This is clearly the opportune time for him, and most people on the ship recognize that and support his decision.

How exactly does this qualify as "jumping ship"?

Jan 5, 2011, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan ]

You'll always find something to cry about.

Jump ship? It's his time to go, good luck to him.

Jan 6, 2011, 2:14 AM [ in reply to Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan ]

Jumping ship is transferring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 6, 2011, 3:03 AM [ in reply to Another one jumps ship...Best of luck Da'Quan ]

How could you or anyone say he jumped ship. If that is the way you feel, then he done just what he was suppose to do. When you're on a sinking ship, jumping ship is the smartest thing you can do. The captain usually is the one that rides his sinking ship to the bottom....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A wise decision. You made us proud Mr. Bowers. Good luck.***

Jan 5, 2011, 4:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Da'Quan!...

Jan 5, 2011, 5:00 PM

You are right about Clemson family. You are now and forever will be one of us. You will always be welcome and we'd like for you to move back to Clemson when you finish dominating in the NFL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Good decision, now hope you don't get drafted by Charlotte.****

Jan 5, 2011, 5:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and your "Charlotte"***

Jan 5, 2011, 5:25 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

;) ********

Jan 5, 2011, 6:46 PM

Re: Now, Go get 'um in the NFL...and don't forget IPTAY ******

Jan 5, 2011, 5:36 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now, Go get 'um in the NFL...and don't forget IPTAY ******

Jan 6, 2011, 3:08 AM

Yes, don't forget IPTAY and the BOT's. You know, the ones that didn't think you deserved the best coaching for you and the other great talent on the team....

The right decision and I'm almost relieved to see this . . .

Jan 5, 2011, 5:43 PM

Hate to see him go, but I think I would have felt guilty all year if he stayed.

Re: The right decision and I'm almost relieved to see this . . .

Jan 6, 2011, 3:14 AM

I agree!!! We all know that CJ and Jacoby had to stay to prove their selves after being wrongfully used by TB staff. Basically the same staff in place through DaQuan's whole career at Clemson

Go on, take the money and run. Hoo, hoo, hoo. Smart move.***

Jan 5, 2011, 11:34 PM

Hate to be a downer but...

Jan 6, 2011, 5:20 AM

Bowers did fantastic this year but his last two years (fresh. Soph.) were pretty lackluster. I don't know but they always talked about him not putting effort in those first two years. I guess he had to grow up. Now what about all these new recruits that are so good coming in, they too will probably take two years to develop too. I think we are going to have some lean years ahead.

I don't do thumbs down but you deserve one.***

Jan 9, 2011, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NFL may be finished for a long time. The 2 sides are far

Jan 6, 2011, 6:25 AM

apart in negotiations. Will fans come back? I guess he had no choice because we will be 6-7 next year too

Jan 6, 2011, 7:52 AM

I will be buying a Bowers NFL jersey.
Congratulations on your career at Clemson and good luck to wherever the NFL takes you!

Jan 6, 2011, 8:23 AM

Me to because unfortunately for him its going to be a Bengals Jersey!! WHO-DEY!!!

Replies: 33
| visibility 3,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic