Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An inside look at Chad Morris' offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,493

Jan 4, 2011, 12:47 PM

Tulsa offensive coordinator's offense bears a striking resemblance to Auburn's, according to one defensive coordinator who faced off against Morris and the Golden Hurricane this past season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This assessment is "spot on" IMO....

Jan 4, 2011, 1:04 PM

In order to run Morris' system, you have to have a dual threat quarterback who can run and make plays with his legs. Boyd is NOT a dual threat QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The Tulsa QB had 43 rushing yards per game.

Jan 4, 2011, 1:08 PM

I think Boyd can manage that.

The real interesting thing about him...

Jan 4, 2011, 2:37 PM

is he might get a big time dual threat QB to jump to CU in this class. WR's might be tempted to jump ship if they get the impression we'll be using QB's that are just ok hurlers. I'm not sold on this guy at this point but I'm willing to support the hire if Dabo feels he can get us winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: The real interesting thing about him...

Jan 4, 2011, 2:52 PM

Is Boyd so bad that the staff has given up on him already?

I think Morris is just a rumor because he doesn't fit our current roster and our need is for a plug and play offense to get results next season. Dabo isn't going to be around in 2012 if we win less than 9 games.

Re: The real interesting thing about him...

Jan 4, 2011, 10:56 PM

Actually, this guys spread offense fits us incredibly well, IF...Tajh can prove to be moderately mobile (he's already proven he's willing to run), AND our young receivers run MUCH, MUCH more disciplined routes.

I don't like the idea of not needing 'humungous' offensive

Jan 4, 2011, 11:02 PM [ in reply to The real interesting thing about him... ]

linemen. Early in his time at Clemson, Bowden tried to slim down the offensive linemen and after realizing that wouldn't cut it he started bulking them back up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-Net & MP are only talking Morris. Sounds like 1 candidate

Jan 4, 2011, 3:56 PM

T-Net and Mickey Plyler have basically only seriously mentioned Morris as an OC candidate so far (even though Ralph Friedgen literall looms large as an obvious OC candidate). Both T-Net's and Mickey's descriptions of Morris are very positive. It reminds me of the pro-Dabo, up-and-comer, second-coming-of-Danny-Ford PR blitz by the compliant local media, leading up to Dabo's promotion to head coach.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that this is another 1-candidate search, and the administration is preparing the fans for the announcement with a lot of positive PR from the friendly local media.

I'm not anti-Morris. I watched Tulsa a few times and their offense was fun to watch-- though you had to wonder if it would work in the big leagues. I'm just saying that it sounds like the fix is in.

Razz, I think you're right, BUT...

Jan 4, 2011, 10:42 PM

I think it's a one interview/hire situation. However, If Dabo is considering the type of offense Morris brings, then why would he interview RF? They are completely different coaches with completely different styles of offense. If Dabo knows he wants a more wide open, skill-positioned offense, then I think it would be an extremely dumb move to even give RF the time of day. Instead, lets talk about other coaches out there that can deliver the type of offense Dabo obviously is shooting for.... if there are any available. If not, Dabo may just know what he wants and is going after it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Not sure if that was a rhetorical question, but....

Jan 5, 2011, 12:09 PM

Why might Dabo interview a pro-style offensive OC candidate like Friedgen when Dabo really wants a spread offense OC?

1) It provides credible leverage when negotiating with Morris.

2) It makes the fans think that you were diligent in your search.

3) It provides a fallback if your 1st choice doesn't work out.

4) State law or Clemson policy may require interviewing multiple candidates.

5) It's a courtesy to Ralph.

6) You may learn something from an experienced coach, including why Ralph was regularly able to beat Clemson, depsite having far inferior player-talent.

7) There's some chance that Ralph could tell a convincing story about why his style of offense could succeed at Clemson, or why he would run a spread offense if he had Clemson's talent.

8) Dabo is smart enough to know that there are different styles of offense that can succeed, and perhaps he thinks it would be better, for example, to run a pro-style offense with his existing player-personnel under a great OC than a spread style offense under a mediocre OC-- especially if Dabo doesn't have the horses (particularly the QB & WRs) to win enough games in a spread offense next season to keep his job. Dabo has to succeed next year or he's gone.

9) Sometimes you're pretty sure that you want to buy a certain make & model of car, but you still shop around, and sometimes you end up buying something different than you expected.

10) There's no downside to interviewing Ralph.

Talent is needed

Jan 4, 2011, 4:10 PM

bring the fire power! player talent plus coaching talent, bring it...Morris is the man...he's a great match for the incoming recruits and will be a great recruiter in the future...Steele deserves quick points on the board! Go Tigers! ALL IN ALL IN ALL IN

great, get him some recruits and 10 years and we may

Jan 4, 2011, 6:54 PM

win the division again!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Morris will make a difference immediately

Jan 4, 2011, 10:47 PM

nm

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,493
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic