Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelley's situation Tragic; May have ADHD + Fear to FaiL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Kelley's situation Tragic; May have ADHD + Fear to FaiL

Apr 15, 2014, 1:12 AM

what with having to live up to NFL-HOF Uncle's reputation..as well as maybe seeing the writing on the wall concerning Not starting this year and having to compete with 5* Watson instead..and being beat out then too.

**Disclaimer: I am not saying Chad Kelley has ADHD!

Guys & Gals, let's not make any jokes about this terrible situation since a young man's life & future is at stake.

Good luck Chad, for I've not seen many a young QB in my 50+ years of following Tiger Football who displayed more desire & love for Clemson..which showed thru-out your recruiting process with your Uncle Jim backing you..your electronic messages..your going the extra mile to compete (even breaking your leg trying to prove a point)..rehabilitating that leg fast and coming back stronger physically..being an extra QB on the sidelines during games..always yelling for your teammates, etc.

So, take care young Man and continue growing up since you do have so many attributes that will carry you far.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. We all genuinely wish him the best.

Apr 15, 2014, 1:39 AM

Life is indeed more than just footbaw. It made us tough. We grew up through participating in it. We've all learned so much from football including teamwork, compassion, tolerance, and overall development as individuals.

All of us wish him well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW

Apr 15, 2014, 1:52 AM

I for one was 100% done with him. I detest arrogance above the Team and more specifically the Coaches.

After your comment, I take a step back. You hit home with this Tiger.

Much respect.

point

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelley's situation Tragic; May have ADHD + Fear to FaiL

Apr 15, 2014, 3:07 AM

pretty much half of football players have adhd. It is should be seen as a "high output" brain and can be an advantage for people who have to process tons of information and "get in the zone" Boyd certainly has to some degree, as does Spiller, Bryant and tons of others. It is all matter of honing it and making it work for you.

But best of luck to Chad, I am hoping he learns from this and grows up. I am sure this was what our coaches want but unfortunately this is his last chance to figure it out.

+1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2014, 5:50 AM

Ya Tragic. blah blah blah. All you do is act like you have some learnin and Mr Dabo won't can you. Put Stoudt in!!

at least Dabo is not so desperate that he will let a player

Apr 15, 2014, 6:17 AM

do anything with no consequences like slurrier did with garcia.

It's not ADHD. I've got that. He's got spoiled brat syndrome.

Apr 15, 2014, 6:59 AM

It's not like he made one stupid mistake. The guy's personality has always been this way. He made an idiot decision to talk trash to Cole Stoudt before he ever even made it to Clemson, and since he has been a temper tantrum just waiting to go off. He needed to be humbled. His life would have been a disaster had everything went perfectly for him in college. The kid needs life lessons.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

brother bill, me & thee, got a world of difference idea bout

Apr 15, 2014, 7:08 AM

the word, tragic.

i hope chad views this as a beginning, not an end.

brighter days ahead, here's hopin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2014, 8:07 AM

no excuse for acting like a child.

his behavior in the past 72 hours is inexcusable

Agreed and I would surprised if that kid wasn't constantly

Apr 15, 2014, 8:25 AM

on edge given all that he has going on with him and his family's lives. Lots of adversity for a kid to handle.

and you might want to look up definition of the sports

Apr 15, 2014, 8:31 AM

psychology term "fear of failure"....not even close

I wish I'd have had that excuse when I was a kid.

Apr 15, 2014, 8:44 AM

I'm positive my daddy would have understood and he was real good at counseling. He even had a special 'shed,' for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish I'd have had that excuse when I was a kid.

Apr 16, 2014, 12:33 AM

My Pops had a Leather Razor Strap that hung up on a nail beside a sign.. The sign read, " I need thee every hour." Then the Marine Corps taught me a thing or two with a few wall to wall counselings.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Well said Bill !***

Apr 15, 2014, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2014, 10:18 AM

He most likely probably does have ADHD.

That's not a bad thing though, it has a really bad stigma for no reason.

Let's be honest though, the perception of Chad Kelly isn't far away from such symptoms. Also, his personality does appear to be impulsive. He is obviously really expressive too.

This isn't a bad thing, but can make life unbalanced for an entitled 19 year old.

Message was edited by: neontiger®

Mania BiPolar Disorder

Apr 16, 2014, 12:27 AM

I have noticed some of the traits and characteristics of his behavior. To be honest, his display of behavior highly resemble that of someone in a manic state of bipolar disorder which generally surfaces in early adulthood. Not a doctor, nor am I a close personal friend of Chad Kelly, but I am just making an educated guess. Thoughts, opinions, rebuttals???? Anyone else care to chime in?

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Chad Kelly: New QB Training Video For Auburn

Apr 16, 2014, 12:42 AM

http://youtu.be/dMj2eEvPLOM

~Chesty Puller

Apr 16, 2014, 12:43 AM

Here we go, time to throw him under the bus. Two years ago he was the next Jim Kelly. WOW! Gotta love our fans.

Apr 16, 2014, 7:05 AM

Only a another coot could love your fan base. But most of y'all hate each other!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic