Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The perfect baseball weekend...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,109

The perfect baseball weekend...

Jun 15, 2010, 10:53 PM

was spent camping out on the banks of the mighty seneca creek bed adjacent to the football practice fields and Beautiful Tiger Field with my nearly 5 yr old boy during baseball's super regionals competition few of us thought possible a few weeks ago.

It was hot, sticky, crazy-eight card playin, football and baseball throwing, hot dogs on the grill and crushed ice slushies in the stadium. We even brought crazy eights into the stadium and played during the 19 to 5 Sunday night Tide Bleaching!

Little man enjoyed the company of cousins he had never before met, shook Dabo's hand and correctly predicted Clemson's grand slam seconds before it happened, after which he laughed himself so full of pride he nearly burst.

The joy on his face when his eyes finally followed the home run ball as it landed over the fence was priceless.

Bike rides at 6 a.m. after a loss helped cleanse our souls (especially mine) which had been soiled by the loss in game one.

Now I realize the cleansing started the night of the loss...88 degree heat index and inside a two man tent with 36 pounds of pure boy wallowing all over his father during the night and limiting his sleep to 1 hour...A sweat lodge coupled with sleep deprivation.

And I loved every minute of it!

Everybody should be me for a day-

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have spent your time wisely!!!!!!! Believe me, the next

Jun 15, 2010, 11:07 PM

thirteen years will fly by, and he will be at the Clemson baseball game as a freshman student remembering
the special time he had with his dad as a five year old.

Absolutely right... It was a little strange going to games..

Jun 15, 2010, 11:38 PM

my freshman year without my dad because I enjoyed going when I was younger... but it was sure nice when he was able to come up (with my mom too)!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Re: The perfect baseball weekend...

Jun 16, 2010, 5:08 AM

Those are memories that your son will cherish for a lifetime. I think that is what makes Clemson so special for alot of us...those wonderful memories of times spent watching our Tigers with our families.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,109
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic