Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More proof Gamecocks had to settle for a lesser life.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

More proof Gamecocks had to settle for a lesser life.

Nov 25, 2005, 10:06 AM

First off,let me start by saying that my 3rd grader is a Huge Tiger fan and his teacher is a Gamecock grad.The county we live in ,Horry ,seems to be 85% Gamecocks,so it makes the Rivaly week that much sweeter for us when that time of the year comes around.

My 8 year old makes A's and B's and is a very smart little boy,but he does get in trouble in class for his excessive motor mouth.So the couple weeks before the Coot game are extremely tough weeks for him because he's constantly defending and jabbing with his many chicken faithful in his class.This causes notes home to us from his teacher letting us how he's disrupting the class and that he needs to simmer down especially about football talk.

Well,the big game finally comes and goes and of course we're victorias again,so i know the next couple of days are going to be tough for my little guy at school.A few days go by and i haven't heard any bad news back from the teacher,so things apparently must be going much better.I come home from work one night and he sits next to me on the couch and begins to tell me his teacher had a little talk with him,i then become very worried about what comes from his mouth next.He procedes to tell me "Daddy,Mrs. Thompson pulled me aside to today and told me she knows i want to go Clemson one day,and that i'm smart enough to go,but i need to start right now,in the 3rd grade,working hard in school,especially by not talking and disrupting class".His teacher went on about having goals and achieving those goals and ended her speech by telling him she grew up loving the Clemson Tigers and wanted to attend Clemson but her grades, even starting in elementary didn't allow her,so she had to settle for going to South Carolina.

Later that evening he asked me what other colleges could be his choices besides Carolina.lol.Next time i see Mrs. Thompson i'll give her a huge thank you for that wisdom she passed on to my son.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic