Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So glad our head coach cares more about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So glad our head coach cares more about

Jan 28, 2018, 12:56 PM

Doing the right thing, living his core principles, and molding great men than winning.

Greed, power, money, reputation and must-win attitude are at the root of Michigan State's unbelievable culture, cover-ups, and inaction.

Holds true for NCAA, USOC, and olympic sanctioning organizations too. And some college programs are there too.

If you want your kids to be able to compete, be safe, and be great people, the culture must hold that openness about potential issues and consequences for wrong actions come ahead of winning, money, power, and reputation. Very easy to say, very hard to do.

Thank God for the Dabo Swinneys of the world.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who has done more winning recently other than Alabama

Jan 28, 2018, 12:57 PM

He cares about winning

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who has done more winning recently other than Alabama

Jan 28, 2018, 1:44 PM

Of course Dabo cares about winning, but it is not his core purpose.

He is a competitive man, and also enough of a realist to know that coaches with poor records lose their jobs.

But his purpose is to develop people. Lots of coaches say this, but I actually believe Dabo because he has proven himself authentic in this. I truly believe that if he pursued this purpose in another venue (such as ministry or education), he would be a fulfilled man (although a less wealthy one!).

It is what separates him from many other great coaches. And alot of smart recruits recognize this too.

If he mostly cared about winning, which is what you're

Jan 28, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Who has done more winning recently other than Alabama ]

implying, he wouldn't have dismissed our best deep threat receiver before the (up until then) biggest game in his life (which most probably changed the outcome of the game.)

If he didn't win, we would want to get rid of him. Regardles

Jan 28, 2018, 2:56 PM

of all the other things you mention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that is exactly what makes it so very

Jan 28, 2018, 3:18 PM

Difficult to really do the right thing when it may cost you wins. And what leads to PSU and MSU situations.

And why it's impressive that Dabo has disciplined key players at key times, and less likely predators will setup shop here.

Re: If he didn't win, we would want to get rid of him. Regardles

Jan 28, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to If he didn't win, we would want to get rid of him. Regardles ]

That is bc with fans the bottom line is about winning, and it's hard to brag about how good our coach
is, if we are losing. With Dabo we got that the best as man and coach, we are winning with our coach that just happens to have great Character and is smart enough to to build a winning a program "without" crossing the lines to perfect a winning program. I think that is what others are saying, and we were very lucky to have gotten a coach that could give Clemson both, a good honest man that cares as much for his players as he did winning, and it all equals to what we have at Clemson with coach Dabo Swinney!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, because he's hired to win, and do it the right way.

Jan 28, 2018, 5:27 PM [ in reply to If he didn't win, we would want to get rid of him. Regardles ]

And he does both well which makes your post irrelevant to the original.

You do realize his "core principles" are in place

Jan 28, 2018, 3:13 PM

To win, right? It isn't a system designed to come in 2nd in life.

It's all about winning. ALL. On and off the field. The question is what is your formula for winning and success?

Seems Dabo has simply created a better winning formula than most of his peers.

I never questioned his desire to win.

Jan 28, 2018, 3:20 PM

I noted that he puts other things first.
I agree, win on and off the field.
But, if he had to chose one, which is he picking?

Re: I never questioned his desire to win.

Jan 28, 2018, 3:23 PM

With his faith, I'm betting building good young men comes first!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong! With Dabo winning will never trump doing

Jan 28, 2018, 11:21 PM [ in reply to You do realize his "core principles" are in place ]

things the right way, caring for the players and maintaining his faith. He would leave the game before giving up his principles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some might think this is complicated...

Jan 29, 2018, 6:04 AM

it is not. Dabo's motivation to win is rooted in the Bible.

Col Chpt 3

"...22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons."

Eph 6

"...5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:"

...and yes, Dabo was hired to do his best. However winning at this level was/is not required to please Clemson fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So glad our head coach cares more about

Jan 28, 2018, 4:23 PM

Penn State and Michigan State fans thought their programs were doing the right thing before all this came out.

The reality is we have no idea what is really going on in situations we have no access to unfortunately.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I agree and that's why it's so critical for

Jan 28, 2018, 9:47 PM

Transparency
Voices to be heard
Culture that has doing right ahead of winning.

And a coach like Dabo vs others that brush stuff under the rug will help significantly.

But the whole school, from the top down must be aligned. Dabo has spoken of that a lot.

I know it's hard to get from the perspective of a program like yours.

The reality is you have no clue what PS and MS fans

Jan 28, 2018, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: So glad our head coach cares more about ]

thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post, and for everyone that is missing the point,

Jan 28, 2018, 6:13 PM

there are things that are more important to Dabo Swinney, even as a football coach, than winning football games. No further explanation, no qualification required. Period.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Great post, and for everyone that is missing the point,

Jan 28, 2018, 9:13 PM

Negative coots will always come and add "their" negative suspicions when there is none, until Crump and B will make sure it's their last post over here, the same as they do it in their shiot hole!!!

Re: So glad our head coach cares more about

Jan 29, 2018, 12:54 PM

You guys are all a bunch of suck ups!

;)

Go Dabo!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic