Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let see here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Let see here...

Mar 12, 2011, 6:49 PM

Clemson made more field goals and 3's than North Carolina, and was nearly even in rebounding (32-31)... but UNC had 18 more free throw attempts (34 to Clemson's 16). Yeah... that makes A LOT of sense...

I'm not a bash the ref guy... but when a team goes into the bonus within the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, something is up. It's not right. The refs hadn't called the game like that all day. But UNC was down, and something HAD to be done to protect them. It's a joke. Absolute joke. It ruins the hard work. It ruins the competition. It's not fair to the kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

I agree and while sometimes you get stuck with one sided

Mar 12, 2011, 6:52 PM

officiating in a game, for it to happen time after time against the same team in a little much. Not to mention the fact that against the rest of the ACC we are the team that gets to the line more, so that discrepancy makes it even more baffling!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let see here...

Mar 12, 2011, 7:12 PM

I posted it in the first half,if we keep our lead the refs would even it up.What do you know the second half starts and so do the refs.They got what they wanted,Holes vs Dookies.

Mar 12, 2011, 8:17 PM

It wasn't that bad. At the beginning of the 2nd half it was obvious that they weren't letting both teams play like they did in the 1st half and UNC was going to the line a good bit. They called a few fouls in our favor that weren't really fouls (I believe one was a three point play that Jennings scored on). It was Barnes and our turnovers that beat us.

Point....for the post and for the sig....hehe**

Mar 12, 2011, 8:32 PM

nm

It's the same old BS. Clemson the better team for 38 minutes

Mar 12, 2011, 8:52 PM

and the refs put all Clemson big men in foul trouble 5 minutes into the 2nd half and would not call a foul in the last 3 minutes. I called it before the game that we would be pushing Carolina and the zebra would come to their rescue. THAT SAID, we still have no excuse for not making a field goal OR EVEN GETTING TO THE LINE in the last 3 minutes.

I have seen worse games

Mar 12, 2011, 9:39 PM

regarding officiating. There were a lot of touch calls early in the second half that hurt us, but ultimately we could have made several plays to win the game and that's really all you can ask for when playing Duke or UNC in North Carolina its just a given. I was actually surprised they weren't calling more fouls early and taking us out of our style of defense.

I think the Duke game was far worse for us than this one.

I also think the free throw disparity had a lot to do with our inability to get points inside. Their bigs did do a nice job defensively and we played a lot of perimeter ball and you don't accumulate foul shots when you play that way.

We were not allowed to play defense in the second half

Mar 12, 2011, 10:09 PM

the way we were in the first. Touch fouls called on the perimeter stifled our pressure on the ball and allowed penetration and offensive boards along with kick outs for 3's. It was like a new crew was brought in the second half. That's what drives me crazy about refs. I don't care whether they call it tight or let them play, just call it the same way the whole game. Sure didn't happen today

Mar 12, 2011, 10:16 PM

Why should a good coach stay at Clemson or any other ACC school and put up with that crap? Past time to take a stand. I do not another coach to leave because of the status quo.

Here is a statistic that will really pi$$ you and everyone

Mar 12, 2011, 11:02 PM

else off. This year, in the games that the Tigers played against dook and unc, the Tigers attempted HALF as many free throws as dook and unc combined. Now, does that sound fair? Of course not...

Oh well, it is what it is.

Go Tigers!

Mar 12, 2011, 11:35 PM

refs changed the way the game was going to be played 2nd half

Bingo...

Mar 13, 2011, 3:36 PM

Same old story - again.

Let's credit Harrison Barnes for playing brilliantly, but it's a whole lot easier to "rally" when the zebras protect the (virtual) "home" team.

One of these days, I'd sure like to see a different result.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic