Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why not fire Munson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Why not fire Munson?

May 4, 2014, 7:52 AM

Munson was replaced by someone more capable to do his job at CUAD.

He had little to do. Yannity was doing a fine job.

So, you fire Yannity and replace him with an unproven?

And now you have to find someone to do basketball.

This makes no sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

business is confusing to some.***

May 4, 2014, 7:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: business is confusing to some.***

May 4, 2014, 8:02 AM

So please explain it.

2 principles you can research...

May 4, 2014, 8:13 AM

all the arrows moving in the same direction...

photo business_charts_examples_6_stages_arrows_the_same_direction_powerpoint_slides_Slide01_zps61f2e109.jpg

and warren buffett's widening on the moat, controlling the message/brand...

photo warren-buffett-papers-reading_zps5f89d5e4.jpg

hopefully these will enlighten you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 principles you can research...

May 4, 2014, 8:36 AM

What a ridiculous post.

over your head? i knew when you responded to

May 4, 2014, 8:42 AM

allorangeallthetime52® addressing me you'd have difficulty.

you started treading water with your op; my post was a life preserver or an anvil. you chose anvil.

good luck with that.

Re: over your head? i knew when you responded to

May 4, 2014, 9:13 AM

You are truly the idiot I thought you were,

You obviously have never been in business.

Tell the boys at the Auto Parts store hello.

you have yet to provide anything salient or reasonable.

May 4, 2014, 9:27 AM

"it makes no sense."

only to those that don't understand business or don't care to look.

"So please explain it."

i offered you 2 principles/practices that if you were earnestly looking to make "sense" of the decision would have readily sufficed your query. you might not agree, but that has nothing to do with your admitted lack of understanding.

"attack, something, something, idiot, attack..."

that's all you've done since this started, whether it was the school i support or me directly... if you had nothing to offer the discussion, it's ok to say so and move on.

people question whether Munson is a good choice to message

May 4, 2014, 10:04 AM

the brand. Hiring a pro from outside, who works solely for CUAD, would control the message and probably provide better quality.

I'm not against "Coach" Munson, but Clemson made the decision to go with the unproven (as a head coach) Dabo and that hasn't turned out badly either, so I guess we'll see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

i agree with you t_s, but there are many many drivers

May 4, 2014, 10:15 AM

to these decisions, yet the op chose to hold only 1 or 2 up to the light? ...the reasons to do that are pretty limited.

don has been with clemson broadcasts since '94ish?

It is like a Kenny Chesney fan trying to listen to Buffett

May 5, 2014, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 principles you can research... ]

Not The Oracle, the other one.
They may like it, but they don't really understand it.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Let me simplify DSPs post for the masses

May 4, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to 2 principles you can research... ]

1) PowerPoint has dumbed down things for corporate America.

2) if you are a mid-level manager presenting to executive - level then make sure you tell a positive story no matter how bad things really are at the moment. If you are in luck you will be promoted soon and some other poor soul will have to deal with the mess you left behind.

3) Stay on message. Make sure the exec understands that there is full organizational buy in to the project even if there is much distention. Remember, you need to get promoted before this project blows

4) Warren Buffet doesn't care what you think and neither does CU Athletic Department

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, it was the first "photo" i came to with all the arrows

May 4, 2014, 9:38 AM

pointing in one direction. there's a fantastic one with the arrows curving in unison, but the op seems fairly linear so i thought it might cause the confuse.

there's quite a bit more to buffett than not caring. he's not a billionaire because he didn't care, he's a billionaire because he did.

the cuad has done a very good job of widening the moat. there are no guarantees, pretty sure that's the fine print when you're born, but that doesn't change the presence of sound business practices in the decision to replace pete, a man with more than one master.

Re: Let me simplify DSPs post for the masses

May 4, 2014, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Let me simplify DSPs post for the masses ]

I thought 'distention' is what happens to your belly when don't go often enough?

Re: Why not fire Munson?

May 4, 2014, 8:02 AM

But but but D Rad has been the AD at GT. And we all know that nerds have no common sense at ALL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead solid?

May 4, 2014, 8:06 AM

Still waiting for your response, sir,

it would be nice if you could at least respond to me, but

May 4, 2014, 8:15 AM

you've done me a favor so thanks are in order.

TIA in advance would suffice.

May 4, 2014, 8:47 AM

HTH to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

sorry, 1st coffee > family/friends > business > morans

May 4, 2014, 8:49 AM

before 2nd coffee.

safety first.

hth still shaking...

mind bottling

May 4, 2014, 9:21 AM

I mean, blind boggling

can we go find otto & has our way with him?

May 4, 2014, 9:27 AM

asking for a friend.

Payshents. There is a well laid POA

May 4, 2014, 9:39 AM

Stay skrong. Cause if you skrong, den we skrong.

i make my coffee skrong, does that count?***

May 4, 2014, 9:40 AM

someone had to moderate at all the Prowl and Growl

May 4, 2014, 8:12 AM

And do the fifth quarter show!! That requires a full time position, right?

May 4, 2014, 9:59 AM

wws, the first mistake you made was trying to use logic. the second was asking people to believe that it is possible that a mistake was made by the powers that be in the athletic department. the third and closely related to the first was you were trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense. BUT our ad and football coach wanted more of a true tiger voice as our pbp man. also dabo originally hired munson to be his social network guy and then worked him out of that job when he hired turnipseed. so dabo did not want munson fired and pete had to go. hope this clears up the mess. a word to the wise, don't anger people by asking a logical question and expecting an answer that is not comical, deceptive, gay, or attacking. your question and answer was a DEAD SOLID PERFECT one.

May 4, 2014, 10:00 AM

Ever heard of paragraphs???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you trying to make sense of something that makes none?***

May 4, 2014, 10:04 AM

May 4, 2014, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Why not fire Munson? ]

Agreed.

May 4, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Why not fire Munson? ]

Agree with Lead Tiger,

That isn't something you see everyday on these boreds.

May 5, 2014, 12:51 AM

And IBWG isn't gonna like it!

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

May 4, 2014, 3:32 PM

You are asking a question on this site that most
likely you can't find the correct answer.The reason
being,folks on here are just fans and don't have
privy to that info.So my suggestion to you is,call
Dan.Do you really care why?Would Yannity give a
da## if you were fired? If you believe he would,
I have a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell you for
$1.00.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know Yannity wasn't a mole?

May 4, 2014, 4:00 PM

Kornblut liked him and Dabo wanted someone who was all in and worked for Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd fire a dedicated loyal employee?

May 5, 2014, 10:19 AM

Do you really think that's the way to grow a cause like Clemson? Have you not listened to the players, coaches and staff? The common theme is family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic