Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enough is Enough!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Enough is Enough!

Feb 9, 2015, 8:38 PM

My friends, I am here to shed light on an issue 'round here on the boreds that is starting to get out of hand. I am referring to the "coot obsession" that has taken off since the ### whoopin back in November. For the first time in a long time, all is right with the world again. However, their little streak must have really gone to our heads because now, many of us are acting a little more cootish than normal.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all down for poking fun at the chickens when the time is right because, well, its entertaining and too dern easy. But the obsession with all things #### is going a little too far, and I'm calling for an end to it!

Throughout the last couple of weeks, the "decootments" were the talk of our boreds. Granted, mostly because our class was all but wrapped up while the dirtpeckers' was unraveling. But honestly, was this a surprise to anybody? South Carolina is a program that has existed in mediocrity at best, and frankly, they have no business recruiting on the level that their 2015 class once was. But the cat is out of the bag now, and it appears as if their "glory" days are over. Their coach knows it, their players know it, and several of their recruits knew it too.

What I didn't enjoy seeing during this time were the constant posts with links to FGF with people marveling over the "delusional coots" over there. Newsflash people: these are Gamecock fans we are talking about. Of course they are delusional. But honestly, what did you expect when you ventured over to FGF in the first place? Did you really think they would be bowing down to us, or already giving up on next years season? Heck no!

And now, and maybe even worse, are the several posts I am seeing about SC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. Are you freakin kidding me? THAT's how low we have sunk? Feeling the need to acknowledge SC wimmens sports here on TIGERnet?!?!

Come on people, WAKE UP! Enough is ENOUGH!

FGF is a South Carolina message board, just as Tigernet is a Clemson message board. If somebody wants to get worked up over stupid coots and their stupid posts on FGF, let them go read it themselves. But stop bringing that garbage over here and posting it like we all need to see it. Clemson always has, and always will be, THE superior academic and athletic institution in the state. That's a fact that any non-Carolina homer would admit. So can we go back to acting like we've been there before? Another Clemson victory over SC. Ho-hum. Been there, done that. We have bigger goals ahead for our program then just beating those clowns anymore.

And please, no more references to the ladycock basketball program because that is just ridiculous.

Okay I've said my fill. End rant!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed, tired of hearing about the gamecocks on this board***

Feb 9, 2015, 8:42 PM

Amen to that***

Feb 9, 2015, 9:55 PM

Re: I agree!!!

Feb 9, 2015, 9:03 PM

I am a misfit with the posters on the board that are obsessed with slamming the coots. Two victories in the last seven years do not merit posts about our dominance, now or in the future. Also, we clearly beat the coots in recruiting but then again, we beat them in recruiting during much of the time they won five in a row. I'm reminded of the caution to our players: when you score or win, act like you've been there before!! By the way, their defensive line recruiting was pretty good if they get them in school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on!

Feb 9, 2015, 9:09 PM

Let's just keep beating em and keep the talk here CLEMSON related!

But Siriusly...this wimmens bball talk is getting out of control

Re: I agree!!!

Feb 9, 2015, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree!!! ]

Gee, I would hate the hear how much more you could talk about them if you wanted to talk about them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COOTS = trash; nuff said.**

Feb 9, 2015, 9:26 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Heck yeah, bruv!! That post was totally so

Feb 9, 2015, 9:30 PM

TL : DR but bruv you so totally

El oh El***

Feb 9, 2015, 10:13 PM

Re: Enough is Enough!

Feb 9, 2015, 10:15 PM

Agree. I've been guilty of poking a little fun and using the word coot from time to time but it is getting old. When I come on a CLEMSON message board I wanna see CLEMSON related topics. Unfortunately half or more relate to the chickens. I don't know how to get everybody on board to end the obsession but it does need to end.

Hmm I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out.

Feb 9, 2015, 10:17 PM

Thanks for bringing my attention to all the things I shouldn't be paying attention to. Definitely worked...

Re: Hmm I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out.

Feb 9, 2015, 11:20 PM

Soooo....if one wasn't aware of one's wife sleeping with one's best friend, it's not worth bringing attention to?

;)

It's the things that you don't pay attention to that will

Feb 9, 2015, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Hmm I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. ]

get you kilt.

Exhibit A:

TWO great white sharks attack...double whammy

kewl, so...

Feb 9, 2015, 11:28 PM

what should we talk about now?

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh.....uhmmmmmm.......uhhhhhhhh.................

Feb 9, 2015, 11:31 PM

?

Is it time to fire someone yet? Been a while since we fired

Feb 9, 2015, 11:34 PM [ in reply to kewl, so... ]

someone.

did the vb coach resigning not sate your blood lust?

Feb 10, 2015, 12:09 AM

if not, we'll table this 2morrow... if someone has to go, i hope it's not the flotilla coach.

bob was really warming up to wong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, now that WBB is off the table, is it okay to

Feb 9, 2015, 11:36 PM

change the topic back to SCar being an Equestrian school? Or did I miss the bigger picture of the OP. I may has the confuse here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bahahahaha.....

Feb 9, 2015, 11:46 PM

Good one

Also, Artavis Scott just scored again

Feb 9, 2015, 11:49 PM

RIP Owen...

Feb 10, 2015, 12:05 AM

Amen. Ban hammer who td this genius post

point to you, thanks!***

Feb 10, 2015, 10:13 AM

Feb 10, 2015, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Enough is Enough! ]

dayum coots!

Thank you.***

Feb 10, 2015, 12:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmm .............. Coot!***

Feb 10, 2015, 9:06 AM

Ah! The

Feb 10, 2015, 9:54 AM

irony of posting about the coots to tell others not to post about the coots.

My thoughts exactly while writing this....

Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM

I was mostly calling out the people posting the constant "look at this gem on FGF" and the wimmens basketball posters

There's a women's basketball poster?

Feb 10, 2015, 12:29 PM

Keep that to yourself, I just ate

Feb 10, 2015, 1:08 PM

I think you should post what you want and read what you want... I will do the same...

Thanks, I just did***

Feb 10, 2015, 2:06 PM

i thought it was a time honored Tnet tradition to pull

Feb 10, 2015, 1:14 PM

idiotic and delusional Coot posts from FGF and post them here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems to be the trend of late***

Feb 11, 2015, 2:30 PM

Whoa there fella! U mean to tell me the Coots didn't have

Feb 10, 2015, 1:29 PM

...the number one recooting class in the nation! After reading all the posts on FGF, I would swear that the next Clowney and Lattimore were enrolled and in class...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, bunch of rec league all stars***

Feb 10, 2015, 2:07 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic