Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A sad day for this Tigers fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

A sad day for this Tigers fan

Aug 6, 2017, 11:20 AM

My father, Frank Day, who taught English at Clemson since late 1960s and retired in 2002, died Wednesday. His service is today.
My mother, sister, brother, 2 nephews and a niece all attended Clemson. It was Dad's work as a professor that made me most proud to be part of the Clemson community.
I'll miss him greatly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for your loss.***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:25 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A sad day for this Tigers fan

Aug 6, 2017, 11:25 AM

Very sorry for your loss but as you remember his work think of the countless lives he positively impacted and be very proud of that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 11:35 AM

So sorry for your loss. Praying for your family during this painful time.

I remember him and he was certainly a good soul.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 11:55 AM

Sorry for your loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 12:04 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm fortunate to have both parents living. They are in their early 70s. I dread that faithful day. Praying for you and your family today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 12:14 PM

So sorry to hear of Frank's passing. Great guy. I was an English grad student and later an instructor in the late 80s at Clemson and I know firsthand how highly he was thought of. My sincerest condolences for you and your family. Your dad truly did have a positive impact on so many lives.

Sorry for your loss

Aug 6, 2017, 12:21 PM

However when it's my time to go I hope I'm old and the tigers just won the natty,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 1:12 PM

I was a poly sci major in the 70's - never had your dad in class but I remember him. Sorry for your loss!

Aug 6, 2017, 1:21 PM

Very sorry for your loss but take solace in the great legacy he left behind. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 1:24 PM

Prayers up for you and yrs

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

prayers for you and your family

Aug 6, 2017, 1:46 PM

Nm

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sorry for your loss...

Aug 6, 2017, 2:07 PM

:(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 2:11 PM

Sounds like you have many years of good memories.
Cherish them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 6, 2017, 3:12 PM

Please accept my condolences.

I know from experience that your father was a great teacher. I had his class for a sophomore English course (way back in 1978). Made sure to get him for the next course, as well. As an engineering major, that was my last English course. If I needed more, I would have sought him out.

Message was edited by: arlingtonVA®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 3:39 PM

Regret to learn of your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Major condolences....enjoyed every class I had with

Aug 6, 2017, 4:41 PM

your Dad.......well-respected and a good guy

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 4:59 PM

Very sorry for your loss. Peace be with you and your family at this most difficult time.

Aug 6, 2017, 5:26 PM

May God grant you and your family His comfort and peace during this time.

As an engineering student back in the fifties, I still had to take English Lit for 2 semesters. I thoroughly enjoyed that. I remember my professor, Doc Green, made us memorize lots of stuff - like "Daffodils" by Wordsworth. I can still recite that poem (my favorite). I'm sure your dad instilled many similar and fond memories with many of his students.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 6:30 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.

We are very sorry for your loss.

Aug 6, 2017, 6:37 PM

Our prayers are with you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss

Aug 6, 2017, 7:04 PM

I never had your father as a professor, but attempted to get him once because I knew how good his reputation was. I was happy with another professor that I ended up with, but sad that I missed out on the opportunity with him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 7:15 PM

Sounds like you are very proud of him as you should be. Clemson will miss him. Very sorry for your loss.

Condolences to you and your family.***

Aug 6, 2017, 7:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You should be proud.

Aug 6, 2017, 8:15 PM

I am sorry for your loss

Aug 6, 2017, 8:23 PM

Sorry for your (and our) loss! He lives on through you Brother!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Thank you everyone for your kind ...

Aug 7, 2017, 6:02 AM

.... words and prayers. We had a nice service.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 8:17 AM

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he raised you all well and left quite the legacy. Can't ask for much more than that.

Aug 7, 2017, 8:37 AM

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like your dad was a great guy. I may have graduated (1964) before he started teaching but I seem to remember his name. Be thankful for your memories and his legacy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent. Did your father

Aug 7, 2017, 11:14 AM

happen to coach Little League baseball at Holmes Park in Greenville? I had a Coach Day in the early 1970's. He was a great baseball coach too.

Aug 7, 2017, 12:09 PM

Prayers for you and your family have been sent up to our father in heaven.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 12:26 PM

I'm sorry to hear of Professor Day's passing. My condolences to you and the rest of his family.

If he is the same Frank Day I knew, he was an English professor when I was a freshman in 1960. I was in his classes both semesters that year.

He was a great teacher with a down-to-earth style who motivated his students with his knowledge and a fined-tuned wit that, when you were the brunt of it, made you sit up and think "What?!!!"

Later the Frank Day I knew worked as an auxiliary police officer in Clemson or one of the nearby towns. In that capacity, he gather background information that he used in novels he wrote and published.

This Frank Day was my favorite all-time professor at Clemson. Again, my condolences, but be assured, he was much admired.

Very sorry to read this.

Aug 7, 2017, 1:17 PM

Prayers for you and your family.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic