Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting this off my chest, and then I'm leaving.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Getting this off my chest, and then I'm leaving.

Sep 19, 2010, 11:00 AM

Just a few things I want to say. A lot of you are really decent folks who are able to separate what happens on a football field from your personal sense of self-worth. But the rest of you are a pack of hung-over, Sunday morning mule-headed brayers who have worked to make this site mostly unreadable. This is what I got from watching Clemson play football:

1)Clemson now plays a brand of football that is fun to watch, even if 18 year-olds can go through periods in a game where they look lost in space. Hey, that's college football. Happens to everyone.

2)I am a Clemson alumnus first and a football fan second. That Clemson can produce the quality of football I witnessed last night without having Brent Musbuerger mention that our QB is on the team because he stole somebody's laptop at his last collegiate stop is worth a lot to me. One thing I know about this team: nobody on it is ever going to have to give a Heisman trophy back because they were drawing salary out of Fike Fieldhouse, and I'm pretty sure no Heisman winner at Clemson is ever gonna feel compelled to cut two people's throats in between hitting some practice drives out back of the estate. And that's worth something to me as well.

3) Clemson is starting to develop the old Miami swagger, but without the need to arrive on the field dressed as Cami Clowns, or Cocaine Cowboys, or any of the other incarnations that turned Miami into a football powerhouse with a reputation for WWF-style extravaganzas. They came out and they got physical with a top SEC team, and they did it without any of the linebackers following hits by striking Superman poses to the audience.

4)You (and "you" here is those of you who are mule-headed brayers) can run your mouths all day long about what Kevin Steele did or didn't do with the defense. All I know is that every ACC opponent who wasn't playing or preparing to play a game that night was sitting around an HD screen in an athletic dorm watching one of our DB's blow up a running back so badly late in the game that it knocked the kid out for five minutes. You think any of those little creampuff receivers for Florida State or Miami aren't thinking to themselves, "Dayum, not so sure I want to catch that routine lob out in the flats when we play these guys"?

5)This is a game called football. At the end of the day, one side wins, one side loses. 20 years ago, last night's game would have ended as a tie, demonstrating that the team's met their equal on the field of play. Overtime in football doesn't demonstrate that one side is better than the other--only that in today's market, one side needs to win and one side needs to lose.

6)So I'll take a bit of a break from the site for awhile. It just isn't that enjoyable to read anymore because it's no longer a board where Clemson supporters get together to talk about how good Clemson looked last night, and how this bodes well for the future. It's now home in many cases to folks who didn't go to college, or folks who didn't go to THIS college and who aren't interested in supporting a school, but interested only in trying to get good value for their TopScore collection of Clemson cards, or who have money against the spread in an online betting parlor somewhere. I'm really tired of that. So, to my fellow supporters, keep the faith. To the brayers, get *&^%^.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting this off my chest, and then I'm leaving.

Sep 19, 2010, 11:01 AM

L

Sep 19, 2010, 11:02 AM

Don't leave it will only lower the IQ around here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Sep 19, 2010, 11:05 AM

Amen brother - I'm an '88 grad and completely agree!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2010, 11:06 AM

One problem,That wasn't a top sec team.Ala.Ark.LSU,then Auburn in the west.

Sep 19, 2010, 11:08 AM

Maybe. Time will tell.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Great post. Very well said.***

Sep 19, 2010, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And OUR coach does not see the need to DYE his hair.***

Sep 19, 2010, 11:11 AM

Sep 19, 2010, 11:11 AM

That's what she said?

Re: Roger & Out, but wanted to say Still "ALL IN". Go Tigs!

Sep 19, 2010, 11:19 AM

And I liked our coaches' "All In" motto created over year ago...than the imposter coach who stole it last week. Saids something, doesn't it!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with a lot of what you said, except

Sep 19, 2010, 11:18 AM

berating people for posting their thoughts on a message board. Just because you disagree with them (as do I) doesn't mean they are mule headed. The purpose of a discussion board is to discuss, so if you see something you disagree with, illustrate why it is wrong.

If you lash out and say "this place is full of a bunch of idiots" then you are simply participating in the exact same kind of activity that you're condemning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with a lot of what you said, except

Sep 19, 2010, 11:32 AM

I agree...yes there are some baiters on here(see lamecoots fans) but still this country is getting where if you don't agree WITH me then you are stupid.Hey I hate the loss as much as anyone and I believe we played ...dare I say it..like an sec school but there will be detracters and they have their opinion.

Sep 19, 2010, 11:24 AM

One of the best posts of the day and there have been some good ones. Yes we lost last night but I have not seen a Clemson team play with as much heart, and hit the *(*^ out of another team in years.

Best thing I've read on this board!***

Sep 19, 2010, 11:25 AM

Great post! Thanks for saying what I'm thinking.***

Sep 19, 2010, 12:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2010, 12:20 PM

Blow a 17 point lead and call it "Miami" swagger?

We're Auburn's little brother, they own us and that's just fact. I'm beginning to feel the same way about GT.

Great post.***

Sep 19, 2010, 12:25 PM

Post of the Year!

Sep 19, 2010, 12:50 PM

Well said...

Go Tigers!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 19, 2010, 1:05 PM

N/M

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2010, 1:13 PM

Couldn't have put it better. As an avid Tiger fan, season ticket holder, and 71 alum (and one of the original TigerNetters), I don't come on pr post on this board much any more. Not much worth reading. Just looking for an injury report last nite, but having to filter thru mostly inane comments from "experts". a lot of which probably never set foot in a class at Clemson. So I'm outta here with you, bro.

Re: Yes bring back the "old days" of Tigernet****

Sep 19, 2010, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic