Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
46-4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

46-4

Oct 12, 2018, 11:38 AM

The best 50 game span in over 100 years of playing the sport and we are still questioning this staff in regard to quarterback decisions???

Enjoy the ride folks it’s been a lot worse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to school in the Bowden era

Oct 12, 2018, 11:47 AM

this is absolutely house money.

Don't let the trolls get you down...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost everyone who gripes about the current staff is

Oct 12, 2018, 11:52 AM

Is either suffering from acute memory loss or was under 10 years old in the 90s.

This is a staff that has pretty much relegated Danny Ford to the back seat.

There’s not much more to say regarding where this staff should stand with Clemson fans.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big fan since 1986.

Oct 12, 2018, 2:26 PM

I remember the last few Ford years. I remeber the agony of that first losing season under Hatefield, the West years and the schizophrenic Bowden years. This staff is far and away the best in Clemson history. I’m so thankful for what they’ve done and continue to do. The trolls and dumpers don’t have any job offers to coach CFB. Ignore them and enjoy the ride.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 You are absolutely correct! Thankful we have Dabo!***

Oct 12, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Almost everyone who gripes about the current staff is ]

Re: Almost everyone who gripes about the current staff is

Oct 13, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Almost everyone who gripes about the current staff is ]

Personally I will always appreciate what Danny Ford did for Clemson Nation, he got us past the most prestigious game in all of college FB with a win. Winning the the college FB National Championship game is the highest level that a college FB team can reach, and Danny Ford got our Tigers there and won it. That game, the feelings I had during that game, and the feeling that I could share with Tiger fan any where that night and weeks after that night are etched in my memory like it was last night. From all the memories that I have lost over the years, that memory of that night is still fresh in my memory.

So many college teams work very hard every year just to get the chance to play for the college NCG, and Danny Ford, took that little college stashed in the foot hills in a corner of SC to the NCG and brought the trophy back to Clemson that said it all, The Clemson Tigers, 1981 National Champions!!! For me, there can never be a more prouder time than winning that 1st NCG, and I do thank and I do appreciate everything that Danny Ford did for Clemson FB. The memories are still fresh of that night and that game, but Danny Ford has faded some what, and I give 100% of my loyalties to the present HC, Dabo Swinney, and Dabo has done more and won more than any coach in my time, and he has done it all in what I believe to be the right way!!!

Goooooo Dabo, Goooooo Clemson University Tigersssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy West era alum checking in.

Oct 12, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Went to school in the Bowden era ]

You're dead right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My FR year was West's last. Boy was it ugly.***

Oct 12, 2018, 2:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: 46-4

Oct 12, 2018, 11:51 AM

To expound on this, just think this team is good enough to make the 5 year record could be at best 61 - 4, and at worst 60-5. We are in he greatest run in CLEMSON history and one of the greatest of all time.

It really is hard to believe that

Oct 12, 2018, 12:41 PM

we lost to Pitt and Syracuse. What a disgrace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Beats losing to NC State and South Carolina

Oct 12, 2018, 1:31 PM

But it is still hard to believe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It really is hard to believe that

Oct 12, 2018, 3:57 PM [ in reply to It really is hard to believe that ]

^ DUMPER ^

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The people complaining most likely were not born or

Oct 12, 2018, 12:46 PM

don't remember the '90s brand of Clemson football...

GO TIGERS!!

46-4 = .870 = (INSANE) winning percentage

Oct 12, 2018, 12:51 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Wait, it's .92, isn't it? (92 % winning percentage)

Oct 12, 2018, 1:35 PM

W 46 46
------- ==> ------- ==> ------- ==> .92 ==> 92%
W + L 46 + 4 50

Or maybe I'm missing a joke in there somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His post had me checking the math too! 92% it is!***

Oct 12, 2018, 4:28 PM

Don't you mean 46-4 = 92% = (INSANE) winning percentage?

Oct 12, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to 46-4 = .870 = (INSANE) winning percentage ]

Amirite?

DOH!!! .... ummmmm.... yes you are

Oct 12, 2018, 2:17 PM

right!

I will not delete my post.... it is the right thing to do.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: DOH!!! .... ummmmm.... yes you are

Oct 12, 2018, 2:33 PM

Doh! Bill, you owe me a TU, oops, there goes another one, make it 2.

Oct 12, 2018, 1:38 PM

I agree but dabo says best is standard. Right now like it or not bama is that standard and having been a fan since the 70’s I want more national titles no matter how many games we win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Best is the standard"

Oct 12, 2018, 1:43 PM

That mantra was never intended for fans to apply as far us being happy. It's about the team yearning and working to always get better and play to the absolute best of their abilities.

And I'm not ascribing this view to you, but I've heard plenty of fans use the "Best is the Standard" mantra to justify their complaining in the middle of this period of unmatched success.

Re: "Best is the standard"

Oct 12, 2018, 1:47 PM

I hardly complain I just enjoy the game. I will say the fun is in the winning and we are doing a pretty good job of it.

Re: "Best is the standard"

Oct 12, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to "Best is the standard" ]

well, expectations are higher than ever because it's true. Best is the standard and I love it.

Oct 12, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: 46-4 ]

We do not have to live someone else's reality to enjoy our own . Be happy that you're a Tiger , and don't let the outside noise distort it for ya .

DB23

Oct 12, 2018, 1:39 PM

null

Message was edited by: speedracer®

Another perspective ...

Oct 12, 2018, 1:56 PM

My interpretation of “Best is Standard” is that Dabo recruits the best players he can, puts his best players on the field, calls the best plays he and his staff can, and expects the players to execute to the best of their abilities.

If they do all of that and still lose, I don’t think they’ve fallen short of the standard.

Although they certainly strive for it, I’m not sure he means that he expects every Clemson team to win it all every year.

If he does, he’s setting us up for a lot of disappointment.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 1:52 PM

and we owe it all to the bubble screen. The true secret to our success.

Agreed. This is the finest era of Clemson football, by far.

Oct 12, 2018, 2:12 PM

We were thrilled in the late 1980s to go 10-2, win a few ACC Championships, and play in some New Year's Day bowls against powerhouse programs. Win that bowl game, and we would typically finish just inside the top 10-15. While those years under Ford were great compared to most of our previous football eras, they were nowhere close to what we are experiencing today.

For the first time ever, we have consistency in recruiting, academics, and winning. We are dynamic on both sides of the football, rather than dynamic on defense and just mediocre on offense. Dabo has done an outstanding job, and set the bar very very high.

We have no reason not to trust this coaching staff.

Proverbs 16:18

Oct 12, 2018, 2:37 PM

I'm a So Cal native and way back in 1969 my father had already had enough of the NFL.
He followed HS and CFB. Clemson was his favorite team. Even in the LA TV market it wasn't very often that we got to watch Clemson football since were 2,000+ miles away.
Sadly I had to attend USC, the REAL USC! But we always followed Clemson football.

Who is?***

Oct 12, 2018, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

46 wins and 4 losses

Oct 12, 2018, 2:41 PM

There are entire decades when the coots have won fewer than that and months where they have lost more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is complaining? You are complaining about a moot

Oct 12, 2018, 3:59 PM

subject, complainers have not been around for a couple of weeks.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic