Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you Clemson!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Thank you Clemson!

Nov 14, 2017, 10:16 AM

Hey everybody! FSU fan here. We made our first ever trek to Clemson this weekend and have to say that Clemson fans are the BEST! We've never been treated better at any school we've visited. The walk from Lot C-1 to the Stadium was 12-minutes according to GPS...it took 2 hours thanks to all of the tailgaters who wanted to talk and have a drink with us. We also found a great party on North Clemson Street, where we were welcomed in like lost brothers. Thank you again for all the hospitality, and our sincere apologies for the targeting hit on Ryan Carter. I truly hope that Emmett Rice will be dismissed from the team. There is no room for that sort of dangerous hit and subsequent unsportsmanlike conduct.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem.***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

What did you do to contribute, Frances?***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:43 AM

Re: What did you do to contribute, Frances?***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM

She got confused and thought the OP was talking about the game in Columbia that her and GWP went to.

You know since they are Coots and all.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Thank you Clemson!

Nov 14, 2017, 10:19 AM

Glad you had a good trip.

Beat the Gators

Re: Thank you Clemson!***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Thank you for your candor regarding the hit on Ryan Carter.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:31 AM

If only your head coach was as honest with himself.

I only have one issue with your post.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:33 AM

There's no such thing as a "former jack man". Once you're in the brotherhood, you're in for life. Be proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I only have one issue with your post.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:35 AM

Ha! Winston Cup '4' car back in the day. I'm too old for pit stops now!

Nov 14, 2017, 10:39 AM

That is awesome and by 4 car do you mean the old Sterling Marlin 4?

Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM

yes, indeed. Sterling followed by Bobby Hamilton, then Robby Gordon (just for a couple of races) an finally Mike Skinner.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:49 AM

Cool I have been going to races with my dad for the last 20+ years. I have been to Darlington every year of that stretch.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:56 AM

Darlington was always one of my favorites. Not just because of the great track and Southern 500 tradition, but because we got paid more there! More pit stops due to the excessively abrasive pavement...every time there was a caution, everyone would pit for tires. We got a bonus for every pit stop that was under a certain time, so at the end of the day, we could bank quite a bonus.

^^^ threadJACKER ^^^

Nov 14, 2017, 11:05 AM

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the nice post.

FSU's a great program. Good luck with the rest of your season....ya'll will get if figured out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 11:00 AM

thank you! This season is a write off at this point. The players are not motivated...especially after the loss to Louisville. I stayed at the house of three OL players after that game, and they were very dejected and said that there's no leadership off the field at all.

Nov 16, 2017, 12:41 AM

It is very hard to regain composure after losing your starting QB in the first game for the season, especially when you know that you don't have another ACE in the hole with experience. It gets better next season hopefully. I think that I can speak for most of Tiger Nation when I say, we are glad to have FSU on our schedule. College FB fans know that we, FSU and Clemson are the two top teams in the ACC!!! Goooo Tigerssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 10:57 AM

It always amazes me when someone from the other team posts their experience on this board. They obviously have have to go out of their way to remember to do this when they get home.

The thing that all Clemson fans get and the rest of the nation should get, is the simple fact that at the end of the day it is only a football game.

It is much more important to be nice.

I guess this coming from a Clemson fan (it seems as strange). Everyone else must think that 'at Clemson winning must mean EVERYTHING.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, actually WINNING IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!

Nov 14, 2017, 11:08 AM

FIFY:
>
> The thing that all Clemson fans SHOULD get and the rest of
> the nation should get, is the simple fact that at
> the end of the day it is only a football game.
>

ywia

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Had a similar experience at FSU last year.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:08 AM

We apparently had a parking pass for a "high dollar rollers" FSU lot. A lot of FSU tailgaters were freaking out and alarmed to see a car decked out in Clemson flags rolling into their lot. After all the questions on how the heck we got in there they came around offering food and beer. Overall, a pleasant experience.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a similar experience at FSU last year.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:10 AM

Excellent!
I was in the 'lowest roller' lot LoL

So happy to read this, Jackman. Thank you for posting.

Nov 14, 2017, 11:15 AM

I'm proud of this team's accomplishments, but I'm more proud when visiting fans are treated well when they visit. That's what I want Clemson to be. College football is a great passion for so many, regardless of who they cheer for, and I like to think opposing fans feel welcome on our campus and in the stands. It's their TEAM that I want to be a bit uncomfortable. ;)

null

Re: Thank you & good luck the rest of the year***

Nov 14, 2017, 11:39 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic