Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting This Week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Recruiting This Week

Apr 11, 2021, 9:03 AM

-I made a comment in a topic earlier this week that Clemson contacted a quarterback in the transfer portal. That player is Austin Kendall, from NC, but he recently took a job in Dallas that would be very tough to leave to be the backup. All Clemson said was that they were interested. No word on any other targets.

Update on 2 safeties:
- 5* Keon Sabb plans to release a top 5 soon and Clemson will certainly be in it. Mentioned LSU, Bama, and Georgia. Dare I say Clemson leads, he says that his best relationships are with Conn and BV. Like the kid's athleticism, and has the size to play OLB, but may lack quick twitch to play safety.

- Jacoby Matthews: High 4*, Rivals has him as the #11 overall player, LSU is the home state and will be tough to beat. However, he has expressed interest in leaving the state, which is why Florida is basically tied with LSU for the lead in his recruitment and the only team that has a visit planned. Clemson offered only a few weeks ago but I would say they are already in the top 3, and will be able to get a visit. Kid seems really interested in Clemson, but also seems to enjoy the recruitment process so this may not end in the near future. I would like to say that I think this ends up being a Clemson vs LSU battle that Clemson can absolutely win.

-Clemson's top remaining target at OL , Kiyuanta Goodwin, is expected commit to Kentucky later this month over Clemson, Bama, and OSU. Worth noting that people close to the situation believe that he will still take his visits. Clemson only has one OL offer that they are pursuing in Julian Armella. He will not make a decision any time soon, FSU and Miami will be tough to beat because he is from Florida and they are giving him the full court press, but he will take visits. Elijah Pritchett could get a look for a potential offer. I have also heard Earnest Greene, but I think that he projects as a guard and Clemson would prefer to take a tackle if they do take a 3rd OL.

-Daylen Everette 4* cornerback visited Clemson for the Spring Game. Also wants to visit UNC and Georgia. Clemson leads right now. Real chance that he could end up as the top corner in this class. Corners Lukus, Pride, and Everette all could be Clemson leans at the moment, would be the best DB class Clemson as ever signed, especially if they can sign Matthews or Sabb.

-Class of 23' 5* linebacker Drayk Bowen is ranked as the #1 outside linebacker in the country and a top 30 player. He is from Indiana. He said that he talks to Clemson and ND every week and those are his leaders. Also mentioned LSU. Would love to steal a 5* from ND's home state. Love the kid's film, I think he is better than Jalon Walker.

Elite Retreat: This is what Clemson is calling the weekend it plans to host a large number of recruits in June when visits open. It is worth noting that these will not be officials, to my best knowledge, as Clemson does not do officials in the Summer. Those would be for home games in the Fall.
All four commits are expected to go along with these uncommitted players: Jeadyn Lukus, Branson Robinson, and Jaleel Skinner.
Some other major targets are considering attending such as: Travis Shaw, Xavier Nwanpka, Kenyatta Jackson, and Cyrus Moss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting This Week

Apr 11, 2021, 2:39 PM

Thanks

Apr 11, 2021, 7:32 PM

Thanks Chad and congratulations for your post earlier. Hope all goes well!

Apr 13, 2021, 12:04 AM

Thanks CP!

Apr 11, 2021, 4:30 PM

Just to add some context to Cyrus Moss releasing his top 5. Clemson, ND, and Oregon are who I think lead in his recruitment. Maybe ASU has a chance but I would bet he ends up at one of those 3. ND may have a small lead, he will not decide until National Signing Day.

Apr 11, 2021, 5:02 PM

Thanks for the updates!!!

Apr 12, 2021, 8:54 AM

I wanted to add one more quick nugget Clemson recently offered DT Alex VanSumeren. His brother just transferred to Michigan State, and they should be considered the favorites. However, he said that the biggest moment in recruitment was being offered by Clemson because they do not offer that many people, Clemson is already in the top 3 along with Mich State and Penn State. He reminds me a lot of Tyler Davis, he could be the next diamond that Clemson finds along the D-Line.

Apr 12, 2021, 5:35 PM

Good information, thanks for the updates.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic