Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
tiger pluse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

tiger pluse

Jul 27, 2012, 7:33 PM

i am some what new but have noticed that it seems somewhat difficult to get your pulse rate up when you only get 1 post per day and three replys per day and most every time you only get to reply once and it says you have exceeded your limit. also you get called a coot if you post any opinion that is not what most want to hear. i am a older clemson grad and enjoy trying to keep up with tiger sports, but i now understand why there is so few people who join and pay or donate. i cant ever get my pulse rate up at the current way this system works. and if you have a low pulse you are also a coot. i just think some of you need to a bit more tolerant of others opinions and try to understand that everyone on here had to start or be new at one time. go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tiger pluse

Jul 27, 2012, 7:34 PM

Don't TD people

Your spot on...

Jul 27, 2012, 7:36 PM

Don't worry about the pulse... say what you've got to say... let fanboys be fanboys

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said

Jul 27, 2012, 7:51 PM

Point for you and your pulse!

Jul 27, 2012, 7:52 PM

I suggest not paying too much attention to it and just enjoy the insight and passion. Well written and thoughtful posts always are the best. Nice to have you on board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2012, 8:03 PM

I wouldnt worry to much about the pulse! State your opinion and let the chips fall where they may. I would caution this is a FAN base site so keep that in mind while composing your post. You dont have to be a pumper either.
Mind in gear before you speak or type. lol
Welcome aboard!!

Some suggestions:

Jul 27, 2012, 8:04 PM

1. Be respectful to others.

2. Realize that just because you have a strong opinion, no matter how well reasoned you may think it is, it doesn't make your opinion a fact.

3. Have thick skin and a sense of humor - there is a lot of good natured ribbing and sarcasm on here. We all have felt it's sting.

4. Don't beat the same drum over and over.

5. Don't worry about your pulse - it really doesn't matter.

Heed the above, and you can speak your mind and your pulse will eventually take care of itself. Almost all people who have been here for any length of time and have a low pulse break one or more of the above rules fairly regularly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Good list...and I'll add one more

Jul 27, 2012, 8:19 PM

slam the coots, dirtpeckers, chickens every chance you get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The term "dirtpecker"

Jul 28, 2012, 8:10 AM

is hilarious, makes me laugh everytime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My lord...

Jul 28, 2012, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Good list...and I'll add one more ]

...I hate those d@mn coot, dirtpecker, chickens!!! To #### with all of them! :)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

And one more: LBODS***

Jul 27, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Some suggestions: ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Some suggestions:

Jul 28, 2012, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Some suggestions: ]

Don't worry about pulse,mine is very A lot of TN's need to grow up.

Jul 27, 2012, 8:26 PM

Are you sure you're not a coot ? ;)

C'mon. It's hard to get your pulserate that low unless you

Jul 27, 2012, 8:29 PM

ARE either a coot or you have such a pessimistic outlook thay you should not be posting on here anyway.

Most with pulsrates below 20% don't need to be allowed an opinion. I always check the history of low pulse people and in most cases you can smell the chicken stink right off.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

this^^^, or, no coach other than df will ever be any good

Jul 27, 2012, 8:58 PM

at/for clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: C'mon. It's hard to get your pulserate that low unless you

Jul 27, 2012, 9:19 PM [ in reply to C'mon. It's hard to get your pulserate that low unless you ]

did you even read my post? your answer is a perfect example of what i am talking about. i attempted to tell you why it is not possible to get the pulse rate up and yet you ask if i am a coot or i must not be posting anything positive , or every thing else that could be wrong.

Jul 27, 2012, 9:20 PM

and after that one post my rate now is 27%. wow, now maybe i can move up in tigernet world!

Jul 27, 2012, 9:29 PM

You're fighting a losing battle bud. Ive been fighting it for a year and a half now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 to help CU, feel your pain lol

Jul 27, 2012, 9:39 PM

One suggestion, is not to tick off Stanley tiger, cause he will stalk you and TD every post you make

good post and +1 for your cause, but....

Jul 27, 2012, 9:48 PM

Can you explain what you mean by a post count limit per day? Is this something new from crump/bmeist?

Re: good post and +1 for your cause, but....

Jul 28, 2012, 12:42 PM

yes, when you first join, as i did you are only allowed i post per day, and you can only reply 3 times per day. however, as i was saying in my one post for the day when you reply the first time it says you have reached your 3 post limit. so technically you only get one! so that was why i was trying to explain that you can never get your rate up with those kind of restrictions. and if someone gives or ask for a retort you cant answer untill the next day. and you will be called a coot,negative nellie, and ect. that is the current system in place and i was trying to explain, so people would at when people joined and understand why they had a low pulse rate and be more sympathetic and less name calling, thats all.

Pay no attention to the pluse

Jul 27, 2012, 9:48 PM

Say what ever you like. That is what a discussion is all about.
I may not agree w/you but I will try to understand your opinion & respect your right to have that opinion.

I have given people a TU for posts I really liked, but I have never TD anyone
Even when I’m called a coot

Amen!! my pulse is low for no fricken' reason!!!***

Jul 27, 2012, 10:06 PM

If this was fgf you would have 100% pulse***

Jul 27, 2012, 10:22 PM

Hahahahahahahaha***

Jul 28, 2012, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Amen!! my pulse is low for no fricken' reason!!!*** ]

point***

Jul 27, 2012, 10:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Looks like that kick started your

Jul 27, 2012, 10:34 PM

pluse

;)

Jul 27, 2012, 10:58 PM

Look at my pulse and then look at my posts...I'm most obviously 100% Clemson. Don't worry about the pulse too much. People are a little too free with their TD's to Clemson fans

Jul 27, 2012, 11:33 PM

Pulse is determined by other people tu and TD your post and by you tu and TD other people's post. So if u use the TD button a lot your pulse will drop also.

WELCOME TO the tiger pluse !!!!! It's NOT YOUR

Jul 27, 2012, 11:38 PM

fought

null

Jul 27, 2012, 11:46 PM

It's simple leadtiger. I can't believe you don't see the easy route to an incredible pulse rate (unless you're a coot). JK 'bout dat.

Anyway, drink lots of ORANGE koolaid, blow smoke up our butts 24/7, never say anything negative, Dabo for president, we're going 12-0 + win the NC, we will beat the coots by 50, etc. In my observations, that's what it takes. Just a little helpful advice from a TIGER to a coot. Arrrgh - I'm just kidding again. Peace out and GO TIGERS!!

Jul 27, 2012, 11:48 PM

^^^^^^^^^^glass half empty

You do realize that keyboards have a shift button

Jul 28, 2012, 12:56 AM

right?

Wait..theres a limit to how often you can post?

Jul 28, 2012, 1:01 AM

that's brilliant! Now the coots that come over can only try to stir things up once!

for newbies there is***

Jul 28, 2012, 1:07 AM

This got "Post of the Day"??

Jul 28, 2012, 9:41 AM

Must be a slowwwwwwwww day on TigerNet.

How do you see post of the day?

Jul 28, 2012, 10:16 AM

?

BMeist, he is spot on, reset him to 100 :)

Jul 28, 2012, 10:15 AM

:)

A few observations from the Silverbacks....

Jul 28, 2012, 10:42 AM

1. Pulse doesn't matter. Sure that's easy to say at this level, but remember ... pulse doesn't get you steak knives. Points do. If you want steak knives or the shower curtain, that's a whole different topic.

2. That said, if a good pulse is important to you you must remember it isn't controlled by you. However you can ensure that you have a crappy pulse, and many now long gone and unlamented have done just that. Pulse is indicative of what others think about your opinions here. If you're below 20 percent, you REALLY had to work to get there.

3. Remember that many on T'Net think of this as much more than just a place to spout opinion. This seems to be a tough concept for many, especially younger folks who grew up in a world of message boards, but this was the first ... and for many of us only ... home for Clemson sports and the Clemson Family in the Web. As such, we tend to be more zealous in trying to maintain a proper balance here. It's been home for 15 years, and we're really not interested in having Capons cluttering the place up. At times, that zealous defense spills over onto folks who can't grasp the concept of what "internet home" means.

In some cases, it's not even what you said. It's that someone with trollish tendencies harped on the same topic until he was TD'd back to the stone age, and that's the automatic response when the topic arises again.

Short answer: this is our home. Want to have a pulse here? Want to thrive here? Be mindful that this is more than "just a message board" to a bunch of folks.

T'Net and Clemson are both worth fighting about. If you wish to sully either, be prepared to have you pulse pounded.

Welcome back to the fight. This time, I'm sure our side will win.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes I hate your post.

Jul 28, 2012, 11:57 AM

Of course it's always out of jealousy. This is one of them. Astounding exposition, this post is, precise and 1000% accurate.

I couldn't have said it better and I can never say it better.

I'm patently waiting for the chance to TD your opinion on something, anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about you supporting the site?

Jul 28, 2012, 11:47 AM

I read t-net for about two weeks before the guilt of not donating set in. By the end of the month I couldn't take the guilt and donated.

Why don't you suffer that guilt? Don't hand me that 'I'm poor chit either. You can afford a computer and internet service.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should get rid of the pulse all together.

Jul 28, 2012, 12:01 PM

?

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic