Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm amazed at how many people are ok
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

I'm amazed at how many people are ok

Oct 16, 2017, 5:53 AM

With the loss at Syracuse. Granted, it's over and done now but the sunshine pumpers are out. I dont get that. How is losing to Syracuse ever Ok?

I wonder if NC STATE and FSU is studying that game? Oh lord....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:58 AM

You and others have become so obsessive and a broken record. I have to tell you if you worked for me and this was your attitude I'd fire you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:00 AM

I assume you didnt mind Bowden losing either. 8-4 Was ok with you.

There's a difference between being OK with it and

Oct 16, 2017, 1:32 PM

crying about if for 2 weeks. It's 1 game. If you can't handle losing a single game then you should go ahead and give up caring about football now, because even Alabama has only gone undefeated once under Saban.

Oct 17, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life. ]

I supported Tommy Bowden; and thought it was quite entertaining when he would ask the other team what Clemson could have done to play better. Kind of like Dabo going to the Syracuse locker room to congratulate them and all. Next loss, I would support Dabo dancing with the other team. That would be so sweet of him to do. I enjoy seeing highly paid coaches acting strangely after an embarrassing loss - it's great entertainment. Who don't like to be entertained?

Don’t believe you would have hired him after an interview.***

Oct 16, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think highly of yourself, don't you? Work for you...?

Oct 16, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life. ]

Not a chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How the heck did your response get 28 TUs?***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he does not work for you. Takes care

Oct 17, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life. ]

Of that

Oct 17, 2017, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Son, you need to get your priorities straight in life. ]

If you're satisfied with that performance, I would never work for you.

Re: I'm amazed at how many people are ok

Oct 16, 2017, 6:14 AM

You sound just like the dirt ###### over on fgf. The team didn’t play well, and we as fans think the coaches called bad plays.
I don’t think there is a fan here that doesn’t believe the game Friday night got their attention and we will see better play and coaching.
We are not going to have a unbeaten game every year. If it was that easy all of the blue bloods of Ok, Texas, USCw, Michigan, Ohio St. Etc would be doing it every year.
This isn’t the pros where you buy a player and he stays apart of your team until you or he decides they need to part ways. At Clemson, and all colleges we get players changed out each year. Every year we hope recruiting was good, but you don’t know until you are fully ensconced in fb season
Our Tigerd are going to be just fine

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

read his troll name.***

Oct 16, 2017, 8:57 AM

Oct 16, 2017, 6:14 AM

Dude........ It's a game. I'm a father with a mortgage and car payments and other things to worry about. That's real life. Football is my escape and yes I'm disappointed by any loss but it in no way affects who I am or what I need to worry about. So yes I guess I'm OK with the loss cause it happens in sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you said....

Oct 16, 2017, 6:17 AM

It's already done. As Coach Dabo would say. Review the tape, learn from your mistakes, and get a windshield mentality. It's time to move on and trust in our system.

Call me a pumper....or someone who does not feel the need to keep picking at the same scab for days on end.

Just my 2 cents.

Losing is never OK with any of us. Most of us choose

Oct 16, 2017, 6:21 AM

not to obsess over it, because there's nothing we can do to reverse the loss.

Reasonable discussion of a game is always healthy, but there is also such a thing as overkill. And if you think about it, our every day lives are much the same: wins, losses...losses that we evaluate, then try to take steps to prevent in the future.

It's all about moderation and keeping things in perspective. It's something I've learned in my 70 years, my Friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning HT, sullying yourself in this thread and...

Oct 16, 2017, 7:00 AM

at this early hour? No, this just won't do.

Haha, have a great day HT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made my day to hear from my great Friend again!***

Oct 16, 2017, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're tracking days made, then I have catching up to do..

Oct 16, 2017, 9:52 AM

Hope you and yours are well HT, it's good to chat with old friends again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 6:24 AM

So you are suggesting that we march on Clemson University with pitchforks and torches to demonstrate our displeasure? I’m not sure what you are thinking we are supposed to do? Teams lose, it happened last year and it happened this year.
I hate a loss as much as the next guy, but I would also like to let you in on a secret...it will probably not be the last loss you will ever see as a Tiger.
All we can do is stay behind our team and keep moving forward.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:40 AM

No we do not expect the actions you mention and you're dumb for framing it that way. What we DO EXPECT is a coaching staff that demonstrates it has learned major lessons from this loss and is/has taken steps to correct the existent problems. You apparently never ran anything in your life but that's the way it is done in the adult world!
Our coaching staff is still fairly young as in the dual CO's. There have done an absolutely terrible job this year in play calling in the sense that anyone with half a brain and eyesight could see what they were going to call for a play in most instances. No element of surprise, very little if any "eye Candy" motion, what happened to ur hurry up O, use of provably less than 25% of our playbook, not understanding that opposing DC's learn from their mistakes and figure out ways to defense our favorite plays--see the bubble screen as one example.

Adults learn from their mistakes and yes, your are correct, move forward but only after a thorough analysis of the problems at hand and even more time coming up with the appropriate solutions--one oh which is not sticking one's head in the sand and saying "our coaches will fix the problems! Sure they will but only after the problem solving steps have been taken.

Oct 16, 2017, 11:58 AM

Have you really ran a business? I expect most business owners to be able to spell correctly and have at least somewhat decent grammar.

As to your points, you keep going on and on about learning from mistakes, however, as this is the Monday after the loss and we do not play until the 28th of October you cannot say we have not learned from our mistakes.

I point you to last season, where we won a lot of games by a slim margin, then suffered a heart breaking loss to Pitt because of some of the same issues we had on Friday night. After that game we turned it on and as we all know, won the whole #### thing.

In the real world you should also take a step back and reflect on situations, rather than making rash decisions.

Oct 17, 2017, 3:01 PM

tiger: As a matter of fact I ran very successful businesses on both a regional and national basis. Sometimes my thinking does get ahead of my typing so need to work on that. Fact is sport that I know more about running businesses successfully than probably a very high percentage of the people on this site.
We will see if the 2017 Tigers can learn from both their coaching mistakes and player mistakes. And yes there is a question in my mind because why hasn't this anemic offense been fixed yet? You sound too young to remember when we ran the spread and HUNH offense. Please tell me what we run now because it clearly is not that. The Cuse did and kicked the c...out of us!

We'll see what happens with GT and going forward. There its much more to this story than meets the eye and no sense in bringing it up here because most here simply don't get it!
Have a nice day! And as to your last dumb statement, I had all weekend to ponder that unnecessary loss an d my statements were well though out. Candidly it's just your too darn close minded to understand.
Wish you luck in your career but your superficial thinking would get you fired in any one of my companies!!

What makes you think the coaching staff

Oct 16, 2017, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm amazed at how many people are ok ]

isn't going to use the game as a lesson? The game was 3 days ago, and we don't play again for another 12 days, who are you to say they haven't learned anything? You think they got to the level of success they have if they were as dumb as you suggest? You're implying they're so stubborn that they'll keep doing the same thing over and over, win or lose. Get over it dude, it was 1 loss.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:31 AM

Tigermaul: your point is well taken. The reason they're okay with the loss as that is what has happened as our society has become wussified!'
Most on here think of it as "just a loss". People who understand football know that not was horrible coaching at all levels and, like you and I, are concerned it could spill over into other games as you insinuate in your comment about FSU, NC State et al seeing the tapes!

Actually it's because we are Clemson fans and

Oct 16, 2017, 6:34 AM

not:

1. Fair weather fans
2. Bandwagoners
3. Coots posing as Tigers
4. Spoiled brats
5. Clueless morons

While people like you and Tiger Maul are one or more of the above.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually it's because we are Clemson fans and

Oct 16, 2017, 6:42 AM

I see you're in the Great State of Mecklenburg! Your comments are to be taken as ignorant and useless so go back to figuring out which bathroom to use and leave these football discussions to those with at least some brains!

Learn to read. It doesn't say Mecklenberg

Oct 16, 2017, 6:49 AM

Now go have a fantasy session about your mascot cockey.

I bet you have a man crush on Phil Kornbutt.***

Oct 16, 2017, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually it's because we are Clemson fans and ]

Oct 16, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Actually it's because we are Clemson fans and ]

Spot on especially 4 and 5.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Actually it's because we are Clemson fans and ]

Spot on especially 4 and 5.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm amazed at how many people are ok ]

Tiger James. We are intelligent enough to realize that coaching cost us the game. We are also intelligent enough realize it's just a game and to not still be screaming and yelling about it 3 days later. We are lot wussified, we are busy and don't have time to complain about it. As fans we all care about what happened, but please get over it and don't call us out because we're not up in arms because we lost. It happens in sports. You can't win then all. They will fix it. We will be OK.

Oct 17, 2017, 3:05 PM

oklatiger: Apparently you just don't have the intelligence to discuss facts which is just like most on here. Fact: Anybody who went to the games--I attended all to date---could very quickly see that our offense has been anemic to say the least. Question is WHY and WHSAT to do about it. Just look at some national stats and you will quickly see we are not, and have not been, performing on the O side of the ball. Youhave all the faith in our coaches to fix it then please tell me why has it not been fixed to date??

Oct 16, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm amazed at how many people are ok ]

Oh look it's two Coots in a Jerkle Cirk .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

@TaterMall- go ahead and forfeit your fan creds. We've got

Oct 16, 2017, 6:36 AM

a lot of demand for any vacancies we might have. Hop on off the bandwagon litte feller....

Oct 16, 2017, 6:36 AM

Call me old timey but I hate any loss.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:43 AM

michael: me too. It's a time for introspection as to the cause (s)!

Oct 16, 2017, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm amazed at how many people are ok ]

We all hate losses. I hate them too.

Oct 16, 2017, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm amazed at how many people are ok ]

We all hate losses. I hate them too.

You mean like how

Oct 16, 2017, 6:49 AM

everybody studied the Pitt film last year and tried the same stuff on us? Let me ask you: how many shovel passes worked for post-Pitt teams last year?

Re: You mean like how

Oct 16, 2017, 12:05 PM

Since he can't answer your question I will, 0. I especially loved it when Scar tried it and we blew it up in the back field so they quit.

Disappointed..Yes. Upset...No. Before the season

Oct 16, 2017, 6:57 AM

started we had a lot of question marks especially on the offense. I was thinking a 10-3 record at Best with loses to Auburn, Louisville and FSU. We can out of the gate running and started the season 6-0. Sure Syracuse was definitely NOT on my radar to lose but we did lose to them. Anyone can beat anyone in a football season.
This may sounds silly before the season started I felt the pressure was off some. 28-2 with 2 ACC championship and 1 National Championship last 2 years is freaking AMAZING!! Last 2 seasons I was so wind up so tight thinking this may be our only opportunity to one the NC.
This program is in fine shape. I don't know what the rest of the season holds for us but Clemson will be fine. Like what one person said on here that football is NOT real life. That person is so correct. If your own life resolves around a football team winning or losing than you have some MAJOR issues. I have been going to games at Clemson for almost 40 years now. There was a time I thought Clemson football was more important than ANYTHING in life. LOL! Yes, I used to be one of those fans. LOL! Relax people, take a deep breath and enjoy life. We are never promise tomorrow. :)

Dude, you can jump anytime ..no1 is stopping u***

Oct 16, 2017, 7:14 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Fill this out, frame it and hang it on your wall.

Oct 16, 2017, 7:17 AM
image.jpg(158.2 K)

No one is ok with it. But we know that David record stands for itself.

Oct 16, 2017, 7:21 AM

Six 10 win plus seasons in a row and a national championship. What do you think, we should start firing people with a record like that? It’s Davis job to fix it and I trust him. I’m not ok with the loss but I know that we have the right people at the helm. They aren’t perfect but they know what they’re doing.

Re: No one is ok with it. But we know that David record stands for itself.

Oct 16, 2017, 7:26 AM

> Six 10 win plus seasons in a row and a national
> championship. What do you think, we should start
> firing people with a record like that? It’s Davis
> job to fix it and I trust him. I’m not ok with the
> loss but I know that we have the right people at the
> helm. They aren’t perfect but they know what they’re
> doing.

Did you mean Dabo above?

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Yes my bad spell check I thought mine had Dabo figured out.***

Oct 16, 2017, 8:07 AM

You are aware that THREE of

Oct 16, 2017, 7:39 AM

the four teams that have won the National Championship in the current setup had a loss, right? our fate is still in our own hands.

Re: You are aware that THREE of

Oct 16, 2017, 12:06 PM

Actually all three of them have (playoffs only for three years).

Ohio State lost to a 7-6 VT team, Bama lost to Ole Miss, we lost to Pitt.

The last undefeated national champion was FSU in 2013, but they didn't have a playoff game.

You are correct sir!

Oct 16, 2017, 2:39 PM

Florida State won under the old BCS system. I apologize for my brainfart.

Tigermaul & Tiger James make it easy to forget the loss

Oct 16, 2017, 7:50 AM

with all their moaning and groaning. The loss to Syracuse was ugly but having these two on tigernet is uglier.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Tigermaul & Tiger James make it easy to forget the loss

Oct 16, 2017, 9:50 AM

Hey Huntclub or whatever the h...your name is: Go into your corner and play with your toys!This is a place for people who've some brains not a dumb ####! I'm over the loss and have been but the fact remains you or no one else has any assurance that our coaching staff gets it! Their coaching effort was like a Pee Wee football coach's effort. These coaches are paid big bucks and yes I do expect more and if you don't it's only because you never been out in the competitive world of business! They need to realize their mistakes and fix them. Or is that too harsh for your little boy attitude?

That the best you got?

Oct 16, 2017, 12:09 PM

lol...talk about Pee Wee league response.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Tigermaul & Tiger James make it easy to forget the loss

Oct 17, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigermaul & Tiger James make it easy to forget the loss ]

All on coaches huh? Bet your livelyhood doesn't depend on performance of 18-22 y-o kids. Sometimes they spend too much time reading their own press clippings and have to have a wake-up call. They aren't programmed robots. Get a grip man, unless you lost a bundle betting on the game, guess what -it is just a game. That's all. BTW before you call me names I am a Clemson grad, and a letterwinner. Are you?

Oct 16, 2017, 7:51 AM

So Tigermaul, you think our coaches have been lying on a beach somewhere over the weekend? You think they've been sitting around as a group laughing and joking about the Syracuse game? You think Brent Venables has been sleeping well since Friday night? I don't know these gentlemen personally. But having observed them for quite a few years now, I suspect they've already put in more hours watching film and studying what went wrong than you've been awake. Dude, get a grip! We are where we are because of great recruiting, great leadership and great coaching. Great recruiters, leaders and coaches don't forget "how to do it" overnight. Granted, we got out played and out coached this past Friday night. It's painful to think about and it was painful to watch. I'll assure you that I hate losing as much, or more, than you do. Yes, I would have made very different decisions and calls. But I haven't earned that right. All the decisions are easy when you've got a hotdog in your hand. So the question we all have to answer is, do we have confidence in our "program." If you don't, rather than bash everyone on tnet, why not contact the AD, the President and the Board of Trustees. Let them know of your unhappiness and that your enormous financial support will not continue unless they make changes. If you're a big donor, they'll listen. Then sit back and give them time to correct it. But to constantly call people out as "wusses" because we aren't ready to burn Dabo's new house down is pretty childish. You need to get a life. College football isn't life. It's a game. I've been a fan for 50 years and I'm telling you, these are the glory days. I was there when we won that first national championship in 1981. There have been lots of losses since then. In every game, somebody wins and somebody loses. That's the nature of sports. I want a program that wins with class and loses with class. We have that, and precious few other schools do. Rest assured, any coach we decided to fire over Friday's loss would be hired within the week. We have quality people who are doing a very respectable job. So just let the season play out and enjoy it. I'm not sure how old you are but trust me, it doesn't get much better than this as far as recreation is concerned. Go Tigers!

Oct 16, 2017, 7:54 AM

Ok with it? What else can we be? It’s over, got to move on. It’s not like we as fans have anything to do with winning or losing anyway. So, NOT being “ok” with it. What does that do?

Oct 16, 2017, 8:36 AM

Dude, how did you react after the loss to Pitt last year?
Did the Tigers work things out or did they self destruct ? (as you seem to be insinuating)

Oct 16, 2017, 9:32 AM

What do you want us to do? Scream for the coaches/players to be fired? Makes sense after a Natuonal Title and back to back appearances.

nobody's OK with it..

Oct 16, 2017, 10:18 AM

It hurt. I have faith we will get healthy and get it turned around. The coaches have proven that they have the ability to get that done (see last year).

Oct 16, 2017, 10:47 AM

You think anybody studied the Pitt game last year?

It's hard to understand by being a fan and cheering your whole life. If you have ever actually played, you would understand

Missing our healthy starting QB and kicker on the road....

Oct 16, 2017, 10:49 AM

decided that game. They played with LSU and NCSU. It's not like we lost to Kent State or something. Yeah it's a bummer, but we have a great program and we will have many great seasons over the next decade. It's called perspective.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:50 AM

Great teams have bad game sometimes. Nobody is okay with it but it happens and we have to move on. What do you want people to do? Do you think this team is just magically no good now? Give me a break. Nobody likes to lose but it happens.

And let's say we really aren't that great, why is that the..

Oct 16, 2017, 10:54 AM

end of the world either? We won't be great every year. SOmeties we will just be good. Maybe injuries get us. Maybe we are a yea away again. Whatever it is, we have a great program.

On the other hand, maybe we will be great this year still.

Oct 16, 2017, 11:02 AM

My point is that it is no big deal either way. The program is strong and the future is bright either way. Losing to the coots would be a big deal. Finishing top 15 in the nation and not winning it all on an off year isn't that big of a deal though.

Re: And let's say we really aren't that great, why is that the..

Oct 16, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to And let's say we really aren't that great, why is that the.. ]

Very true. I think anybody on here at the beginning of the year would have said they would be okay with a 10-2 season. Yes I thought we could win it and and still do but this team is young on the O and our FG kicker got hurt and our QB is hurt right now so losing happens with all of that.

Oct 16, 2017, 11:00 AM

Losing to Cuse felt weird, just like it did against Pitt last year. It took every bad thing under the sun to happen just to lose by a fg. This will be a wake up call just like Pitt last year. We will win out and make the playoff again...from there we'll see what happens

Oct 16, 2017, 11:56 AM

When you lose your quarterback, kicker, and running back? Imagine if Carolina lost their running back... Oh wait. If Bentley goes down they will not win another game.

Well, when you graduate from a university

Oct 16, 2017, 11:57 AM

You support your school. Sorry that's so hard for you to understand.

I haven't seen anyone here that's 'OK,' with the loss.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:10 PM

I have no idea where you've been that you could find a Clemson fan who is OK with losing to cuse. I believe you're so upset you think the world has ended and can't imagine why everyone else isn't reacting like a raving lunatic too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its tiger net we are supposed to offer the team

Oct 16, 2017, 12:23 PM

a blue ribbon for their performance on friday night

I don't understand ridiculous comments like this

Oct 16, 2017, 12:34 PM

Clemson football did not start in 2015. We have had losses before and survived. Apparently you're upset that people are "okay" with losing. It was a bad loss. We looked awful. The coaches and players will work harder to see that doesn't happen. We as FANS, hope to see better results going forward. There's nothing else to do or say.

Honestly though, what are you expecting? Coaches to be fired? Players to be cut? What do you suggest? We lose ONE GAME and you're done? Pathetic. You're an embarrassment to the rest of the fanbase. Just go sit in the corner somewhere and cry and don't ever post here again.

I have scanned some of these responses and

Oct 16, 2017, 1:27 PM

I have never seen so many people exxagerate my post. You would think I was in some dark room contemplating ending it all over a loss. It's quite funny.

My point is very simple. I have seen posts explaining everything from how it's not a bad loss to how we can easily overcome it. I mean some really rosey stuff.

I have seen and heard time and time again how "best is the standard" and "all in" is,what we are about. Well... I didn't see it Friday. Not even close. I saw a poorly prepared team lacking focus and getting beat by an average team. Our standard that night was below average and we certainly were not all in. And coaches saying they got spooked.

So, now we just sweep it under the rug and justify and rationalize it until it's ok we lost. Then when we lose again, people will start saying how they now feel differently. And suddenly we have issues and people like me who get trashed never see a single post apologizing for all the garbage thrown my way when I was right all along.

Dabo for a huge new contract, a new house, a day of standing ovations at Bama and a few days back when asked if he would take the,Bama job he said basically... maybe. Then we get embarrassed at the carrier dome. He makes wayyyyyyyyyy to much cash and has wayyyyyyyyyy too much talent to lay those eggs now. That's my opinion and nothing said here will change it.

Now of course nothing can undo it but there has to be some sort of checks and balances when a well paid coach flops. Not a pat on the back. If he loses it should be against teams that are actually solid enough that it's not so embarrassing. Not that losing to any team is fun but Syracuse? Really? A 3 td favorite......

I just think a coach should always know that when he says he doesn't care basically what fans think and then lays an egg when getting paid huge bucks... Well, something is wrong.
Sounds like things are going to his head. Fans do matter. And im quite certain im not alone in being unhappy with what we saw Friday, regardless of the post police.

Your mind is like good concrete

Oct 16, 2017, 5:49 PM

Thoroughly mixed and permanently set.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 2:19 PM

> With the loss at Syracuse. Granted, it's over and
> done now but the sunshine pumpers are out.

This is college football, sometimes you get beat. So yeah, I'm ok with it.

What alternative are you suggesting? Loss of sleep, intense hand wringing?

If it'll make you feel better I'll kick the dog.....geeeez.

Well, here are your options:

Oct 17, 2017, 1:49 PM

1. Get the freak over the Syracuse loss and move on

or

2. Get the freak over the Syracuse loss and move on

Is there another option I am missing? Can we replay the game? Can we go back in time? Can we get reparations from Dabo as we were all expecting a win?

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 17, 2017, 2:15 PM

I don't think anyone is "ok" with it, but what are we to do? This is the same coaching staff that has still gone 34-3 since the start of the 2015 season, played for 2 national championships, and won it all last year. I'm sure the coaches would be the first to tell you they didn't like what happened in that game, but it's not as if this staff hasn't proven they know how to build a winner. We see these kinds of games nearly every single year for pretty much every team except Alabama, and even they usually lose at least one game per season, and considering they are the most talented team in the country you can figure they made some coaching mistakes whenever they lose as well. Even great coaches are human and can make mistakes and/or get outcoached from time to time. Our team has almost always been ready to play and been properly prepared under Dabo.

This past week sucked, but we were also on the road on a Friday night with our QB and kicker hurt. You can debate whether Bryant should have been out there or not, but most teams tend to struggle without their QB out there, or without a kicker capable of making kicks. Call it excuses if you want, but our coaches have proven themselves as winners, and it's not like dwelling on it will change anything in the first place.

Tigermaul.... Its not okay that we lost to a team we absolutely no reason to lose to...

Oct 17, 2017, 4:05 PM

But, that said, I will never moan, cry, cavetch, b##ch on tnet about it...

Remember this... There has been NO team in the CFBP era that has been undefeated
H3ll(as another poster has said don't remember) The Mighty Crimson Tide has only had like one undefeated season under Satan...

Yes tigermaul this hurts... But dwelling on it isn't gonna make it better..
Ga Tech AKA The nerds is the next important game of the year

God bless and Go Tigers!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 5:36 PM

I ain't!!!!!!!!!

See Renfrows comments!!

Message was edited by: gunstock15®

It Is Over. Flush It.***

Oct 17, 2017, 5:50 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Is Over. Flush It.***

Oct 17, 2017, 6:35 PM

Just a hypothetical situation, If you caught your best friend doing your wife last Friday night would you be over it by now? Just curious.

Oct 17, 2017, 7:37 PM

First of all, Lord is spelled with an L, not an l.

Secondly, it is not ok to lose to Syracuse. But what is everyone supposed to do? Obsess forever over it? It’s a terrible loss, but keep winning and no one will remember it. It’s gonna be fine.

I don’t think anyone is ok with the Syracuse lose but one

Oct 17, 2017, 7:41 PM

Loss doesn’t necessitate a trend and panic.

Let the coaches coach.

Oct 17, 2017, 8:19 PM

Your pulse is dropping faster than coot cheerleader panties. Go to FGF and be with your own kind.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic