Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TB10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TB10

Aug 5, 2017, 6:20 PM

It's pretty easy to forget just how good he was, big arm and a pretty good runner. So in case any of y'all forgot about him the day DW4 stepped on campus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlOpO6TAl6o

Ps - also think about the NFL receivers he played with. Holy cow. He had to do a lot with a suspect O line and a Defense on the rise with BV

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TB10

Aug 5, 2017, 7:30 PM

I'll never forget TB, Tajh and CJ are two players that got Clemson to believing again we could win another NC. Those two opened the door for NC recruiting classes to walk through.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 7:38 PM

That is all very,very true. Two guys who helped get the Tigers headed in the right direction.

I like to recall a guy named Whitehurst who was recruited to CLEMSON by O'Cain as a player few knew anything about but turned out to be one of the most successful Tigers ever..Perhaps there is another CW on the roster now. Are the Tigers amazing???

Aug 6, 2017, 1:43 PM

Charlie was a good QB, and without any O line players that were above 1 or 2 star players, maybe a 3 star mixed in that I don't remember. I wonder what Charlie could have done at Clemson if he would've had the offensive talent that we now have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's crazy to look back at the whol dabo era

Aug 5, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TB10 ]

I remember the first week "Tender foot Tommy" was relieved and Dabo took over. I was probably 15 and my uncle said as we listened to the call on the radio
"Ole dabo, might turn out to be something. He might go on to be the next Danny Ford."

Low and behold little ole Clemson built a footprint not only that we can build on but maybe other schools can look to and say, yea we can do that too.

Tajh definitely took it from a dream to just one extra step away and DW4 took it from there.

Re: It's crazy to look back at the whol dabo era

Aug 5, 2017, 9:07 PM

And the first thing Dabo did was fire Spence. Best move of his career.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's crazy to look back at the whol dabo era

Aug 6, 2017, 1:49 PM

Then the next bad one was hire Napier as the OC.

Aug 5, 2017, 8:07 PM

Transition Man. Quality player, quality man. We owe him , a true Tiger

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Aug 5, 2017, 9:04 PM

Really stinks that he never beat the Coots . He was a great college QB on some pretty darn good teams , as well as just a top notch Clemson promoter/supporter after leaving campus .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 6, 2017, 1:54 PM

Don't let it slip your memory that Clemson was at it's worst when Tajh came in to help. He was part of the dandy dozen. The recruits that we lost then, hurt us as bad for the next few years as the good ones we kept that has helped us to get where we are now today!!!

Aug 5, 2017, 9:17 PM

Boyd doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves. He shattered school records and showed us that we can beat the bluebloods.

When he was on he was as good as anyone I ever rememeber

Aug 5, 2017, 9:20 PM

watching.

Really fun player to watch.

Dabo owes a lot to him.

Re: When he was on he was as good as anyone I ever rememeber

Aug 6, 2017, 2:00 PM

Our fan base owes Tajh all the respect that can be offered to a young very loyal man. He was loyal beyond most of all, and he came back bc he knew we needed him, and he wasn't about to let Dabo and Clemson down.

Aug 5, 2017, 10:34 PM

TAJH, aka Fat Boy, gets all the credit I can give him. He was a great great college QB and he notched some terrific wins for Clemson. I'm not sure we've ever had a QB who could and did throw the long ball better than Boyd. He was a fine leader, a tough runner and he ranks up there with the best Clemson QBs of all time.

As others have said, he had a lot of NFL receivers catching for him. Martavious, Sammy, Nuk, Adam Humphries, Charone Peak and Dwayne Allen are all still in the league playing with the big boys.

Oh and I love love love the long TD run Tajh had against Ohio State. Those Buckeyes had some Big Ten speed, huh?

Thanks Tajh. We love ya, man.

Aug 5, 2017, 11:17 PM

Tajh is a great guy from all you hear and CJ Spiller really led the way. Love those meeces to pieces!

Aug 8, 2017, 12:53 AM

TB10 was/is as good as they get. My favorite/most memorable game was 2012 CFA bowl vs LSU. He took lick after lick & just popped up after every one. Threw the laser to Nuk at "4th&16" to keep game alive. After THAT game, I knew NC was not far behind.

Aug 8, 2017, 11:33 AM

I know everyone will rank Watson a little higher because of his elusiveness and taking us to the NC twice and winning it once. He also got the SC monkey off of our back. Question for you all though. What do you guys think TB could have done with the OL Watson played behind? Just curious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic