Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today in 1752 Ben Franklin flew kite with key attached & discovered Electricity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Today in 1752 Ben Franklin flew kite with key attached & discovered Electricity

Jun 10, 2018, 8:45 AM

plus later coined words Electrician, Conductor & Battery...and invented the lightening rod.

Saying..didn’t Clemson football have a player named Lightning and another named Rod?

Now you know some electrifying History on this day in 1752..about the time that Joe21 was to be born as were my parents..who later were to be known as Mr & Mrs Bulb...who years later found me to be so Bright that they named me LightBulb Bill (LBB for short).

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's great that you appreciate History, Billy Boy,

Jun 10, 2018, 9:02 AM

especially since you ARE history, AND because you would be named LightCandleBill (which really just doesn't have the same ring to it) if ole Ben didn't do his thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx Bengal Billie

Jun 10, 2018, 9:16 AM

and know i was a History Major at Clemson but liked Sociology more (study of two or more peoples).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's great that you appreciate History, Billy Boy,

Jun 10, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to It's great that you appreciate History, Billy Boy, ]

Watch it! He's just a young whippersnapper compared to some on here, I imagine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK Farvra

Jun 10, 2018, 9:15 AM

how about ram and rod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=senq1X8iHOs

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ i can see why you have 17,000+ more unearned points

Jun 10, 2018, 9:18 AM

than me Balm! Smiling~

Re: ^ i can see why you have 17,000+ more unearned points

Jun 10, 2018, 9:27 AM

He has a scok that has TU'ed him 45,000 times! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK Farvra

Jun 10, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to OK Farvra ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today in 1752 Ben Franklin flew kite with key attached & discovered Electricity

Jun 10, 2018, 9:17 AM

It is rumored I'm related to ole Ben on my mom's side of the family.

Good morning LbB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn’t there supposed to be an insider recruiting tidbit

Jun 10, 2018, 12:06 PM

attached to the “... I’m related on my mother’s side...” declaration?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

No.....not this time.

Jun 10, 2018, 3:32 PM

That's only on my dad's side of the family.

And since that famous day, the Coots have won exactly ONE

Jun 10, 2018, 9:24 AM

championship in Football.

Re: Today in 1752 Ben Franklin flew kite with key attached & discovered Electricity

Jun 10, 2018, 9:29 AM

LBB --- I wish you could have been there with me when the bolt out of the blue hit Ben's kite. Ben jumped so high that's where the term, "high aa a kite" originated.

Just another tidbit of history to add to your collection.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 3:35 PM

That joke "jolted" me! Funny as heck!!!!!

Jun 10, 2018, 10:21 AM

LB
do you know the story behind why he was flying a kite

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 10:28 AM

Short story is
Ole Ben talking with Ms. Franklin said
since we're having a severe thunder storm
do you feel like messing around
Ms. Franklin with a firm voice said Ben
go fly a kite

Jun 10, 2018, 10:23 AM

Ben Franklin didn’t discover electricity, I did, Ben Franklin is the Devil.....

Jun 10, 2018, 10:33 AM

This is the perfect poast to read as I sit down for my mid-morning constitutional. However, it had nothing to do with the Constitution other than the fact that Ole Ben signed it. Joe21, why isn’t your signature on that document???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BEFORE I read the replies, BiLl, I’m going out on a limb

Jun 10, 2018, 11:51 AM

And saying you’ve really set yourself up on this one, you ol’ ageless wonder, you....

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic