Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If anyone still needs evidence of how much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

If anyone still needs evidence of how much

Mar 26, 2018, 9:04 AM

participation trophies have hurt our society, just look at the threads complaining about how Bill Self was a big meanie didn't give Clemson credit for our comeback during his post game comments. Get it together you frickin millennial wusses. We made the Sweet 16 and lost. Who gives a shyatt if Bill Self talks glowingly about us? Your need for attention, recognition and justification of your precious snowflake feelings is beyond ridiculous. Show some danm pride and be an adult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

had to be said....

Mar 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

its either them whining about that or these idiots talking about baseball, the players, or monte constantly. you were kind to call them millenials - sounds better than calling them p#ssies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: had to be said....

Mar 26, 2018, 9:53 AM

Absolutely. Probably never had a grass stain and know everything!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent first poast.

Mar 26, 2018, 10:28 AM

Even though it took almost 18 years.

+1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Maybe GWP’s forgotten Scok***

Mar 26, 2018, 10:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're exactly right!***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:24 AM

So, if I understand you aright...

Mar 26, 2018, 9:27 AM

if it wasn't for precipitation trophies Clemson basketball would be referred to more positively?

Whatever, we all know the NRA's to blame.

No, you don't seem to understand at all

Mar 26, 2018, 9:30 AM

If it weren't for participation trophies, Clemson basketball would still be seen as Clemson basketball, but these precious snowflakes that seem to need validation at every opportunity wouldn't feel the need to head to a safe space just because an opposing coach focused on his own players during his post game comments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Lol what does that have to do with trophies?

Mar 26, 2018, 4:14 PM

I get what you're saying, but ALL that is to blame for trophies given to kids?

Yes, all of it can be traced back to the trophies. Hth***

Mar 26, 2018, 4:34 PM

precipatation trophies? Seriously? Who wins that

Mar 26, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to So, if I understand you aright... ]

The team with the most rainouts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is it's the winner of a pissing contest***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:53 AM

I blame the former senator from Tennessee.******

Mar 26, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to So, if I understand you aright... ]

Andrew Johnson was a bit of a ########.***

Mar 26, 2018, 10:22 AM

I bet they're typing while

Mar 26, 2018, 9:27 AM

watching wimminz bassetball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You're a meany and a bully and we're going to have

Mar 26, 2018, 9:37 AM

the PC gatekeepers shut your posts down...and distribute some of your TU's to those who need them. -- Mil-anals Everywhere.

Can I have some of his points?

Mar 26, 2018, 11:21 AM

Ya know, just for participating?

Re: Can I have some of his points?

Mar 26, 2018, 12:19 PM

When we say we

Mar 26, 2018, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Can I have some of his points? ]

we mean me.

I agree. Also makes me wonder why some people complain

Mar 26, 2018, 9:40 AM

when the score gets run up too in sports. Who cares?

Unfortunately it's not just the millennials, but you swing

Mar 26, 2018, 9:54 AM

true, hitting them on the screws.

It's become so ridiculous, it's not just about what WAS said any longer, but what WASN'T as well.

Get better, that's the best answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DAd's for getting around filter by saying

Mar 26, 2018, 10:05 AM

frickin millennial wusses. Clearly you wanted a Tnet participation trophy. Sounds cootish(thanks ai foolish is the same) doesn't it? ????

Wait.....

Mar 26, 2018, 10:17 AM

you'e complaining about people complaining?

Thats makes sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I am not.

Mar 26, 2018, 10:20 AM

I am pointing out how stupid and soft those people are and giving helpful advice on how to correct said stupid and soft behavior. There's a difference.

Re: No, I am not.

Mar 26, 2018, 10:51 AM

There is nothing wrong for noting how classless of a coach Bill Self appeared to be. Maybe we've been spoiled with Dabo and this has illuminated our view of what a coach should be. Heck, at times in the past, I think Dabo went a little too far to praise another coach.

However, I was one on here that called him out as I thought Bill Self came off as a bit of jerk.

If in your eyes, that makes me soft then I take issue with it. Don't group me into some "participation trophy" fan club because of some idealistic theory you created.

It's not a theory, it's an observation

Mar 26, 2018, 11:01 AM

Why do you think Bill Self came off as a jerk? He spent all week leading up to the game talking about the great job that CBB has done this year and how hard Clemson played in the first two rounds of the tournament. In several interviews he went on and on about how good our team is. But when he doesn't talk about our team after the game he's a jerk?

I guess I can lead a horse to water...

He glowed about Clemson coming into the game and then

Mar 26, 2018, 11:24 AM

shook hands afterward, that's what gentlemen do.

So many appear to have worked themselves into a tizzy because he didn't tell them how great they are after his team pissed away a 20 point 2nd half lead?

There's one Dabo, truly and thank the good lowered he's Clemson's, but because he might not be our HC, certainly doesn't make him classless; classless would seem to have been not shaking hands.

What a complete ### lauding Clemson & comparing them to his team...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article206428409.html

He had gone on to calling Clemson's performance versus Auburn the most impressive in the entire tourney so far.

“That was probably as impressive of a performance as anyone has had in the tournament so far, and there have been some great performances,” Self said after a game in which Clemson led 43-19 at halftime — quite lopsided considering the Tigers entered as a No. 5 seed and Auburn's Tigers were No. 4.

“They dominated Auburn in every area — perimeter play, speed, rebounding and in the paint. Watching them today (on TV) was like watching a clinic. We’ll have a good book on them in the next 24 hours or so.”

http://kuhoops.com/ku-basketball-news/205800884/

Stop complaining GWPTiger®! Or rather calling a spade a spade...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not a theory, it's an observation

Mar 26, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to It's not a theory, it's an observation ]

I didn't speak about Bell Self with regards to before the game, and won't now. It's rather custom to coach speak to build up a team. At the same time, those are nice comments made before the game.

It's rather custom, as well....and for good reason, to at least acknowledge the other team. Given multiple chances to speak about Clemson closing the 20 point lead, down to 3, every time he said it was about them not playing well. While that is indeed true, Clemson is chicken scratch and was part of the reason as well.

Most every other coach, including Coach K, Bennett, R Williams would all give credit to Clemson. While I would never suspect Boeheim would give credit afterwards.

I would hold those other coaches in a higher regard than Bill Self, and maybe that is my point.

You hold those other coaches in higher regard because

Mar 26, 2018, 2:36 PM

they would've given lip service to their opponent's effort, which is complete and total "coach speak" as you call it?

Remember when Bill Self had that PC Blue Hose fan thrown out of the arena, or when he was playing FSU and pulled all of his scholarship players off the court and went to the locker room leaving his non-scholarship players to fend for themselves in a hostile environment? Wait, that was Roy. Remember when Bill Self dropped f-bombs in past press conferences? Wait, that was Roy as well. Talking down about other college student athletes who don't play basketball? Roy. Remember the CBB/Roy confrontation during a hand shake line?

Remember when Bill Self blamed Roy Williams when on of Self's players broke a UNC player's nose after a hard foul? Oh that was K. Ever sit near K's bench during a game or hear him talk when he thinks nobody is listening or holding a microphone?

Want to hold those two in higher regard because they've won more national championships? Fine, I agree. But because Bill Self doesn't give meaningless coach speak after a game and makes a comment about how his players started playing not to lose? It just sounds like he hurt your feelings.

Re: You hold those other coaches in higher regard because

Mar 26, 2018, 2:54 PM

Re: You hold those other coaches in higher regard because

Mar 26, 2018, 4:57 PM [ in reply to You hold those other coaches in higher regard because ]

First, no need to put words in my mouth. I never said I held other coaches in higher regard b/c of the amount of national championships they have won.

Second, don't assume what my "feelings' b/c I didn't agree with him,....or you.

You're taking one instance and trying paint an all encompassing picture.

I didn't particularly like the way he handled himself after the games. Big deal. You think it's fine, I thought it could have been done better. Again, big deal. We're probably not all that different.

Again, in that particular instance I thought he could have mentioned Clemson and gave some credit. The fact I think he should have (....and you don't) doesn't mean me, or others that don't agree with your line of thinking is some sort of millennial wuss, as you so elegantly put it.

Fact is, you can't, and shouldn't attempt to label someone b/c of one small belief. How about you grow up, be an adult and move on from such small, feeble minded thinking?

Wow, there's a lot to unpack here, but I'll do my best

Mar 26, 2018, 5:17 PM

First, I was saying IF you held them in higher regard because of national championships, THEN I would agree with you. But you didn't say that, so I don't agree with you. Hopefully that clears that up.

Second, as for the rest of what you typed, it all sounds like something a millennial snowflake would say, even if you're not a millennial. I am assuming your feelings because you keep getting defensive about them, which makes me think they got hurt and I have been right all along.

I'm not trying to paint an all encompassing picture, I used this whole irrational "look at me I need validation from an opposing coach who just beat us" thing that people were doing on these boards as "evidence" of participation trophies ruining society. 1) that's not an all encompassing picture, it's merely just pointing out a small piece of a bigger puzzle; and 2) you keep responding with "nuh uh, I'm fine, I just wanted validation from an opposing coach who just beat us." See the problem?

This is an internet sports message board, I have provided my opinion. You keep answering and getting defensive about it and, I might add, you have created a moving target by changing your position a couple times. But in the end, it all comes down to the validation you (and millennials) so desperately seek.

Re: Wow, there's a lot to unpack here, but I'll do my best

Mar 26, 2018, 5:54 PM

For one, I think your belief that there is some connection b/n participation trophies creating "snowflakes" are rather far fetched. For what it's worth, and this may surprise you, hold on to your seat, I don't agree with participation trophies. But, I do believe that there is a such a thing as class. And while, I didn't think Bill Self showed much after the game, and I'm thinking you could learn a thing or too as well.

So I thought Bill Self didn't show as much as other coaches I grown to watch over the years. It was one small moment some didn't agree with. Heck, I've read articles on this very thread that changed my view of him slightly.

Yet, that one small moment is worth be called names like a millennial or snowflake? GTFO!! Is that all you got? Is that really the root of what's bothering you? You think people are weak b/c they don't see the world the same way you do. SMH.

Just for brief second, before you respond, how about you take a second, know it off with the name calling, be an adult and have some pride yourself?

Of course there's a connection between participation

Mar 26, 2018, 9:15 PM

trophies and snowflakes. These delicate little snowflakes are from a generation who was taught they don't have to work as hard as the other teams do, and they will still get the same reward. They're told "hey, no matter how much you suck, you tried your bestest and that's super great!"

Adults danced around their precious little egos and level of self confidence, all the while choosing not to discipline the little brats, and what are we left with? We're left with "adults" who scream at the sky because their presidential candidate didn't win. They demand safe spaces at work for when life just feels too hard. They feel like they're entitled to everything because they never had to work for anything. They want instant gratification and constant validation. But most of all, and perhaps the most delicate little snowflakiest thing of all...they want the opposing coach to validate their team's super effort when he gives his post game comments.

And if they don't get what they want, then they get their feelings hurt and it's time to scream at the sky again. And all this started with participation trophies. Hth

Re: Of course there's a connection between participation

Mar 26, 2018, 10:28 PM

??

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I must TU this post***

Mar 26, 2018, 11:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are the man for this post +100

Mar 26, 2018, 5:57 PM

Awesome

What this thread really needs is a group hug

Mar 26, 2018, 6:16 PM

and Sister Jean to set everyone straight ??

Sister Jean is old school, she does not like

Mar 26, 2018, 10:09 PM

the delicate little snowflakes.

Re: Sister Jean is old school, she does not like

Mar 26, 2018, 10:33 PM

Amen... oops wrong Jean

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Did not make the correlation of the two

Mar 26, 2018, 10:26 PM

and just thought it was ridiculous. But, yea, good observation!

Re: If anyone still needs evidence of how much

Mar 27, 2018, 12:12 AM

Clemson sports are doing well right now, Basketball team made it to the Sweet 16, Baseball is top 12 in the nation, and football team is becoming a dynasty. People have nothing to complain about, so they take it out on Bill Self, sounds stupid, but i’ve seen much worse on this board.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic