Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got a new generator for my tailgating setup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Just got a new generator for my tailgating setup

Aug 6, 2018, 10:13 AM

Anyone have experience with these? I plan on towing it behind my orange F350. If anyone needs to hookup to it, just let me know as I will only be using it to run my TV and satellite dish (the dealer told me it will be pretty quiet and generate enough power to run those - hope he's right because you know how salesmen can be).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Just got a new generator for my tailgating setup

Aug 6, 2018, 10:15 AM

haha, I have one of those too, but I tow it behind my orange F450

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this you and your dish?

Aug 6, 2018, 10:22 AM

With that generator and dish you may need another parking space or three.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, the dish I use is closer to this model

Aug 6, 2018, 10:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No, the dish I use is closer to this model

Aug 6, 2018, 2:58 PM

Why didn't you go ahead & get the big one? The price difference is negligible.

GWPTiger® said:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bigger model is harder to transport***

Aug 7, 2018, 8:49 AM

If anyone wants the real answer to best way to power

Aug 6, 2018, 10:28 AM

a tailgate, look no farther than this. It's nice having a completely silent power supply!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, do you tow that behind your Prius?

Aug 6, 2018, 10:33 AM

I don't think you can call yourself "Murica" anymore. That tiny little thing is more like something the French would use to power their cappuccino machine while watching soccer

Re: LOL, do you tow that behind your Prius?

Aug 6, 2018, 11:02 AM

I believe this is the same model used by the French military in WWII...no wonder they folded so easily

Did that come with the cord to plug it into a wall outlet?***

Aug 6, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to If anyone wants the real answer to best way to power ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as it's not noisy.

Aug 6, 2018, 10:28 AM

I don't like any noise around my tailgate.

Aug 6, 2018, 10:34 AM

I hope you have one of the new power eco smart tvs. That generator looks like it about a 200 kv machine. Possible you could overload it if your tv is much larger than the jumbo-tron in DV??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 10:40 AM

I hope you bought a pair of earplugs and lead boots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 10:44 AM

You guys are so far ahead of me with your new Tailgate Toys!!!! BTW: I'm looking for an Orange F-550 and a Diesel Generator big enough to Power 2 TVs and a George Foreman electric grill!

I plan on testing mine out later this week and I'll try to

Aug 6, 2018, 10:52 AM

hook up 2 TVs and a George Foreman to it. I'll let you know if it works or if it gets overloaded. Trying to anticipate some other casual use you might have while tailgating...I'll also try to charge my iPhone while running the TVs.

You sound UDP.

Aug 6, 2018, 10:53 AM

Here's mine with a fresh new sticker. Don't get the jelly.

https://imgflip.com/i/2fdnp5

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: You sound UDP.

Aug 6, 2018, 10:59 AM

Looks shopped.

It doesn't look very mobile, I don't even see any wheels on

Aug 6, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to You sound UDP. ]

it. Or do you just run an extension cord all the way from that to your tailgating spot?

yes

Aug 6, 2018, 11:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 6, 2018, 11:30 AM

Is that the civilian version of the military generator that blows air conditioning?

If so, you’re going to be a very happy man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Yes, it should help air condition the entire campus as well***

Aug 6, 2018, 11:45 AM

This should help keep the hill & student section full

Aug 6, 2018, 1:08 PM

You know, since some of the games are too hot to attend

I have three that I rent out for games...

Aug 6, 2018, 11:45 AM

PM me if interested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why would I want to rent one of those?

Aug 6, 2018, 11:47 AM

I just attached a picture of my new generator that is bigger than all 3 of those combined.

No, this is a...

Aug 6, 2018, 11:50 AM

combine, those are generators.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Your reading comprehension is not very good.***

Aug 6, 2018, 12:01 PM

Are you a UDP?

Aug 6, 2018, 1:07 PM

You sound like a UDP

No***

Aug 6, 2018, 1:15 PM

Then why do you only have 1 TV at your tailgate?

Aug 6, 2018, 1:33 PM

Are these your beverages of choice too?

It's roughly the size of a drive-in movie screen

Aug 6, 2018, 2:12 PM

except bigger.

Re: It's roughly the size of a drive-in movie screen

Aug 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glFVXpz_abQ

My seats are in the upper deck.

Aug 6, 2018, 1:33 PM

Can plug up a drop cord then run it up there to charge my phone during the game?

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and since there's no cell signal in the stadium

Aug 6, 2018, 2:11 PM

you can also hook up to my wifi router that I will plug into my generator. Because tnet is all about people helping people.

Aug 6, 2018, 2:07 PM

I got a Coleman 500 W that i used in mid '90s hurricanes in Fla. Guaranteed to deafen your neighbors and/or start a beauty of a fistfight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs of F-350.***

Aug 6, 2018, 2:07 PM

null

You've seen it, you helped me "acquire" it

Aug 6, 2018, 2:11 PM

but it was blue back then

I don't know what you're talking about.

Aug 6, 2018, 2:17 PM

;)

null

So that's how it is now?***

Aug 6, 2018, 2:34 PM

How did this generator tripe of a poast survive the purge?

Aug 6, 2018, 4:16 PM

TIA

What do you mean? What purge?***

Aug 6, 2018, 5:07 PM

been out of pocket most of day, but....

Aug 6, 2018, 5:41 PM [ in reply to How did this generator tripe of a poast survive the purge? ]

did you see gwpcoots new generator??!! like they say, you can’t hide money (or stretch marks for that matter)

i, for one, cannot wait to plug in your hair dryer and flat iron for game day. probably will be out late night before and won’t shower.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 7, 2018, 2:07 AM

Well, it is not an AC unit. Let FM try it out first...

to afford something like that, you must really.....

Aug 7, 2018, 7:51 AM

chase a lot of ambulances! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every time I hear an ambulance siren it sounds like

Aug 7, 2018, 8:48 AM

a cash register ringing with angels singing in the background.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic