Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 101

I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit…

May 13, 2022, 1:24 PM

We can always go to the portal, and we have never picked up a player from the portal who wasn’t at least a 5 star.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit…

May 13, 2022, 1:38 PM

Also, we don't really utilize a TE, so what's the point, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Dabo coach Jordan Legget?***

May 13, 2022, 7:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Dabo coach Jordan Legget?***

May 14, 2022, 8:07 AM

He did, and Leggett was an important part of the last drive down field that helped clinch Dabo's first Natty win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, back in 2016.***

May 14, 2022, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Didn't Dabo coach Jordan Legget?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you even like football?***

May 13, 2022, 1:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

May 13, 2022, 1:44 PM

We have a QB who could possibly be a great TE

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 3:54 PM

We have 2 QBs who will darn likely be very fine QBs. Yes, those two guys. Enjoy their play this year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit… ]

Do good TE’s usually run the 40 yd dash in 6.3 seconds?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 2:46 PM

May 13, 2022, 2:47 PM

This thread is gold.

There are many of us that hope a few elite tight ends can reopen the middle of the field and return that spark to our offense. I miss the tight end in our passing game, at least we have an H-back out there for a few plays a game, and you have to love the fake RPO handoff and pass over the backers to Davis Allen once every other game. Star tight ends want to get the ball more though and I don't see them committing to be an H-back and 2 targets a game - maybe if we force the issue in the passing game, "If you build it, they will come..."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 3:52 PM

2022 season will mark the return of stellar TE play and of Clemson's ability to use it.

2021 there were too many problems overall with the offense; we all know about the multiple 'not working right' factors, therefore, no point in going over all that again.

But with most of the offenses problems fixed (and barring another sequel to excessive injuries + illness), Clemson's TE's (Brinningstool and D.Allen) will shine during 2022 season.

TE recruiting ... we'll see how the NIL continues to play out as far as Clemson FB getting enough good players that aren't bought by the NIL pi-imps of the world.

May 13, 2022, 3:07 PM

I do no know why we even bother recruiting/ playing TEs. I checked the stats from the last 3 years, and they only account for 12% of the receptions in our offense, yet we have 4 on Scholarship. All we need are a couple of serviceable walk-ons like Luke Price and we are fine here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 3:47 PM

Jake Brinningstool runs like a deer and has good hands. He was a bit skinny as a True FR last year.

Davis Allen blocks very well and has great hands. He's a full grown man.

Clemson will use the TE a lot more this year as long as both of these guys are healthy.

Tight Ends are not supposed to be deer,

May 14, 2022, 12:07 AM

running around people. Their sole intent and purpose in getting their hands on the ball is to step on somebody's face. I do not not mind if our staff runs this play a few times a game to keep defenses honest, but having 4 on scholarship when they account for 12% of the receptions is akin to having 32 receivers and backs on scholarship, and that math does knot check out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2022, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit… ]

I would hope so, but actually, none of us know, or have we seen the type of offense that Streeter will run this coming season!!! But I do hope that we have a superior air attack, that would help our RBs with getting into open space for big gains. A dominant air attack creates a strong running game, especially with the RBs we have!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit… ]

There were just two games last season that saw the TEs have more than two catches. Also two games where they had none, one during the visit of the nation's nr one TE. Considering the struggles catching the ball and getting open the WRs had, don't understand why TEs weren't made a bigger part of the offense in addition to blocking. Recall Davis Allen missing just one catchable ball. Ennis caught the only ball thrown his way. B'stool was reliable as well. Certainly would enjoy seeing their usage increase.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

May 13, 2022, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I would not worry much about losing a 4 star TE recruit… ]

Uh, that guy played QB, not TE…..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could even get this same player from the portal

May 13, 2022, 4:37 PM

later on. I wouldn't be surprised if Dabo made a deal with this guy to transfer out of OU in the future. It would teach Venerabables a lesson, and give Dabo instant TP cred with the fans. A win-win.

Are you suggesting we recuit our current basketball palyers?

May 13, 2022, 8:48 PM

Deer lowered, your even stoopider than I thought.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Go Tigers, sewer dweller.

May 13, 2022, 8:52 PM

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2022, 10:07 PM

We can always go to the portal, and we have never picked up a player from the portal who wasn’t at least a 5 star.

Jake Bringinstool was the #1 tight end in the country. Not many big recruits are going to follow him to sit the bench

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2022, 8:46 AM

Strong it is, the sarcasm in this one

Replies: 22
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic