Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
with FSU having a new coach, anyone think they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,549

with FSU having a new coach, anyone think they

Jul 2, 2020, 7:41 AM

could be a surprise team this year?
Talent hasn't been their issue the past few years. Although it probably has gotten worse each year cause it was a dumpster fire

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: with FSU having a new coach, anyone think they

Jul 2, 2020, 7:52 AM

Their offensive line has been awful during the downturn of Fl.St. football and it takes time for that group to build chemistry.

My prediction is they will be better but still one to two football seasons away.(If the new coaching staff is worth a hoot).

Remember predictions are like the part of the body you sit on everyone has one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 10:58 AM

every time they take a downturn it seems to be due to their OL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:03 AM

talent and decent coaching...yes that can make a difference. They'll win a couple of games they wouldn't have won last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:10 AM

Yes, they could be end up being very improved. As you pointed out, they have the talent to be much better.

I'm guessing they end up with 7-10 wins.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:15 AM

The 2 things that seemed to ve the buggest isse with fsu were 1. The OL, which has been covered. Not going to correct itself overnight. 2. Lack of discipline. Dont see that changing anytime soon either, Especially considering the issue they have already had. When the defense said they were going to sit out practise until the coach apologized(for his erroneous comments); that coach has a long ride ahead of him

Jul 2, 2020, 9:20 AM

Norvell is going to have to earn every dollar.

The challenges of head coaches grew astronomically this year. Norvell hasn't even seen his guys practice yet, so what kind of relationship can he have with them at this point?

Their lack of discipline under Tags (begun under Jimbo) was epically bad. You don't fix that overnight, especially if they distrust the new HC. Lack of self-control, poor technique when contesting passes, inattention to detail in lining up--many players today think that so long as they give good effort for 3 seconds, they'll win their individual matchup, and that's all that matters. Those players should end up on FCS rosters, or lower. They don't deserve scholarships to top D1 programs.

Every program needs a Hunter Renfrow-type work-ethic role model.

Jul 2, 2020, 8:36 AM

"Not I", said the Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:46 AM

FSU has not recruited like the FSU of old so the FSU of old is gone. Not to say they don't have any talent but the Davin Cook type talent is not there. They may win a few more games than in years past but are no where near prime time (pun intended).

Jul 2, 2020, 9:16 AM

They are 3-4 years off from being good. They have signed some very good DBs the last several years but lack quality lineman. They lack very badly OL... put it this way, they can’t field a line of 4 with all the 4 stars they have signed over a 4 year period. Their OL recruiting has been very very bad.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:20 AM

Agree with all that has been said. I just don't see them as being on the verge of a great season. I too see it as more of a 3-4 year process. OL issues are not solvable over night. Part of me says that FSU will automatically bounce back given their location and history. Of course, everyone's been saying that about Miami since the mid 2000s.

They should be better, but can't believe they'll give us a

Jul 2, 2020, 11:05 AM

real game.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,549
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic