Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
why we won..in my humble opinion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

why we won..in my humble opinion

Sep 3, 2013, 10:55 AM

Penalties turnovers and special teams execution.I'm not sire exactly what the numbers were but they had more penaties and penalty yards than us..we had the bobbled punt...but the sack cause fumble at tbe the 15 was huge...as well as tbe crawford pick when they were driving at tbe end of the first half. ..as well as our offense played..they played just as well..and they missed a chip shot field goal ...very bowdenesque..all that being said...we deserved the win..our defense made big plays when they needed to ..to change momentum..special teams executed...theirs didn't...and we ran tbe ball right at them at crucial points in the game..definately big boy football against a quality opponent..I have been on cloud nine and have no voice left..but like life...the season goes on..I hope we can use this to springboard foreward to a special season culminating with silencing the coots..an acc title...if Gods deem it so...the other thing..GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reason we won, our defense stepped up for 6 drives

Sep 3, 2013, 11:03 AM

After they scored 21 until the time they made that fake punt, our defensive line was freaking dominant as hell. After the fake punt, we couldnt stop them at all. Also, them botching that FG was huge. Gave us a shot at getting a two possession lead on them.

Dabo said we would see big boy football played by the

Sep 3, 2013, 11:17 AM

front 7 and he was right. That was a GREAT UGA O line they have been together for so long that they know the back of each other hand. That is all I heard for 3 months that we could not win against their O- line. Our front 4 pushed them around at times like YMCA pee wee league. Grady Jarrett is a man in the middle WOW. If he was not chasing Murray for his life solo then a UGA lineman was holding him chasing Murray for his life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why we won..in my humble opinion

Sep 3, 2013, 11:16 AM

we were remarkably penalty free for an opening game. it certainly help and penalties certainly hurt Ga several times

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when two elite teams play that is usually the difference***

Sep 3, 2013, 11:18 AM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

We won with defense, basically. When Sammy muffed the

Sep 3, 2013, 11:21 AM

punt, that was an opportunity for the game to get away from us. The defense came up BIG and then they muffed the FG attempt. IMO, that was game, set, match.

BTW, if we hadn't gone to the prevent D in the final minutes, it would have been a 10-point victory. I hope we put the prevent on the shelf for FSU. We simply can't rush only 3 against QBs as good as Murray and Winston. They'll kill us every time, as Murray demonstrated so well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think that the Crawford int. may go down...............

Sep 3, 2013, 12:14 PM

possibly as one of THE biggest plays of the year not because of the outstanding play itself, but if they go in and score and then get the ball after the half and score again....we were in a LOT of trouble. Great play. Great D call by CBV.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic