Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what the dems are doing to Kavanaugh is worse that what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 569

what the dems are doing to Kavanaugh is worse that what

Sep 20, 2018, 9:38 AM

happened to Merrick Garland.

Garland didn't get a hearing and is still a judge.

Here, Democrats found a woman who has a so-called grievance against Kavanaugh from 37 years ago. Its uncorroborated, unsupported by any evidence, and, now apparently she's unwilling to testify. Dems knew about this early on in July, and even met with her. But they did not let the FBI know while the FBI was doing its investigation. They sat on everything until the hearing was over and the vote scheduled.

#demsgofuckyourselves

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what the dems are doing to Kavanaugh is worse that what

Sep 20, 2018, 9:40 AM

if true, he did this to himself. i mean, is it all so uncommon for there to be rich little asshowls at elite prep schools that behave this way? It is plastered in his yearbook and his friend's autobiography that he was a hard drinking womanizer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guilty until proven innocent

Sep 20, 2018, 9:48 AM

the new liberal culture...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guilty until proven innocent

Sep 20, 2018, 9:52 AM

It's been the conservative culture forever. Think of all of the crazy conspiracy theories conservatives have with the Clintons that were never proven. You guy are the party of conspiracy theories. You guys thought Obama was secret Muslim from Kenya. Your cult leader ran full page ads in the paper going after innocent black teens in NY. What are you talking about?

no party has a monopoly on conspiracy

Sep 20, 2018, 10:08 AM

sorry to burst your bubble on that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell us about all the liberal talking heads with huge

Sep 20, 2018, 10:21 AM

audiences who are propagating pure bullshit conspiracy. Anybody with close to the audience of Hannity, Beck, Jones, et. al. We'll wait.

The left has plenty of loonies, but they're mostly confined to youtube videos about jet fuel. Who are the mainstream liberal conspiracy theorists?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you heard the sh!t that comes out of Maddow's mouth?

Sep 20, 2018, 10:49 AM

there's a reason Joe/Mika/Matthews (her colleagues at MSNBC) etc... want little to do with her. She'll run with a story without any vetting.

I haven't, because I don't watch/listen to Maddow

Sep 20, 2018, 10:51 AM

(or any MSNBC, for that matter). What are her conspiracy theories?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you remember the LIES perpetrated by

Sep 20, 2018, 11:14 AM

Harry Reid and many "liberal talking heads" that Mitt Romney didnt pay taxes?

Later, after the election, when confronted with the bald face lie sen. Reid said "we won didnt we?"

go suck on that one

"go suck on that one"?

Sep 20, 2018, 11:17 AM

Dang, man. Gettin' all personal up in here. OK, so that one time Harry Reid said something about Mitt Romney back in 2011 about taxes...got it. Same as Hannity discussing the Deep State on the most widely-watched news network in the world, tonight.

not personal

Sep 20, 2018, 11:23 AM

Re: I haven't, because I don't watch/listen to Maddow

Sep 20, 2018, 11:15 AM [ in reply to I haven't, because I don't watch/listen to Maddow ]

She really doesn't have anything concrete, but she thinks there must be some shady Russian ties to Trump that he doesn't want transparently revealed. She just sees the way he acts and the shady money he has made from Russian clients and partners, as well as the loans he has taken from the shadiest of Russians. Then of course everyone around him is getting arrested. She hates Trump so much she takes some leaps of faith due to her partisanship. She is no nutcase like Hannity, but she is pretty eager to believe what she hopes for. At least she sees actual smoke to believe there is a fire. She is just in attack mode to get Trump though.

Re: no party has a monopoly on conspiracy

Sep 20, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to no party has a monopoly on conspiracy ]

Not a monopoly, but it is way more common among the main stream right. It's not just the extreme fringe on right.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Guilty until proven innocent ]

did you even read my post, I mean I started it off with Re: "IF True" did you not even read that part and just skip to the next sentence?

Hey balm, I'm well aware you're an open-minded, unbiased

Sep 20, 2018, 10:23 AM

person (snicker). How do account for the numerous Dem congresspersons stating that they believe the accuser and believe kavanaugh did it?

Re: Hey balm, I'm well aware you're an open-minded, unbiased

Sep 20, 2018, 10:30 AM

do you have a link to this, because I have yet to see one of our representatives in the house or senate say that unequivocally, he is guilty of any thing.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:40 AM

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/09/18/sen_kamala_harris_i_believe_kavanaugh_accuser_she_has_nothing_to_gain.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/09/18/sen_hirono_on_kavanaugh_men_need_to_shut_up_accuser_needs_to_be_believed_and_i_believe_her.html

Sep 20, 2018, 11:04 AM

hmmm, I can see why true conservatives do not want women in the congress, they do seem to stick together, don't they?

It's political culture

Sep 20, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Guilty until proven innocent ]

it's got nothing to do with liberal or conservative. It's got to do with politics and news cycles and winning and losing elections.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Benghazi hearings were political theater

Sep 20, 2018, 10:06 AM

designed purely to hurt Clinton's presidential aspirations and to drive hatred for Obama and the left.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but people died in that, so it was totally different.***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Yeah, but people died in that, so it was totally different.***

Sep 20, 2018, 12:24 PM

Well, to be fair, Clinton was guilty despite the seven Republican investigations that concluded otherwise. You know, the old guilty after being proven innocent standard.

Sep 20, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Guilty until proven innocent ]

You mean like 'lock her up' Clinton?

There's nothing 'liberal' about that particular phenomenon.

It's on both side.

Plus, you hate America.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it never happened, I agree

Sep 20, 2018, 9:44 AM

if it did, I don't.

what I don't like is that they sat on it so long

Sep 20, 2018, 9:59 AM

I just don't understand that. It could have been shared confidentially with the FBI in July during the background check procedures. DiFi could have shared it with Grassly confidentially a well.

The timing baffles me and it undermines her story, frankly. I completely understand a sexual assault victim not wanting to be in the spotlight or relive the episode. But, when evidence is already short, it hurts her case to have waited.

It looks bad, yes...

Sep 20, 2018, 10:03 AM

but again, if you accept that she's telling the truth, then you have to give a great deal of deference to how she handled it as well. There was a conservative columnist on NPR this morning who has taken shots at aspects of the #metoo movement who said she believed Ford because of how closely her own life experience with a similar event mirrored Ford's.

I don't disagree with that.***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:06 AM

Sep 20, 2018, 9:46 AM

I have a couple of thoughts. One I have no sympathy for Kavanaugh, because I am not sure he didn't do it to himself. I am not calling her a liar. That said, they should just vote him in now, because he is going to get in. He was drunk in HS and nobody really cares. Moreover, do the Dems think they will get someone liberal is he is denied? Elections have consequences and we lost. People didn't show up to vote. This is a result. We need take our medicine.

Carl, this is just a ploy to keep Red State dems

Sep 20, 2018, 9:50 AM

Up for re-election from having to cast a vote for SCOTUS.

Simple as that! The Dems have no intention of letting the accuser testify....

Re: Carl, this is just a ploy to keep Red State dems

Sep 20, 2018, 9:55 AM

They will let her testify now. She doesn't want to testify. That's the issue. I watched an interview with her good friend last night. It really doesn't matter what she says anyway. It's not going to change anything. Her credibility will always be a factor even if she is telling the truth. 37 years ago in HS while everyone was drunk? This is going nowhere.

as long as the can is kicked the Dems take it as a win

Sep 20, 2018, 10:47 AM

even if it destroys this lady's career, reputation et al.

She is a pawn and being used by the Left machine.

The only card to play is kicking the can (senate vote) past the election to protect Red State Dems from voting.

If she ended up dead in a ditch, as long as the can is kicked, Democrats would step over her body on their way to the party to celebrate.

i heard a democrat go off ######

Sep 20, 2018, 9:48 AM

and say they want get this past the election and then delay the scotus appt for 2 years, lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha, so the Merrick Garland model is the bar for what is

Sep 20, 2018, 10:00 AM

"acceptably" bad. Anything beyond that....UNACCEPTABLE.

not what I said. nice spin though.***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:05 AM

So McConnell would have been above what you perceive

Sep 20, 2018, 10:09 AM

the Dems are scheming, being the statesman he is, had he not had an election to fall back on?

What he perceives the dems are scheming?

Sep 20, 2018, 10:23 AM

Is it not blatantly obvious to you what's going on here?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blinded by the Lights!***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:30 AM

wrapped up like a do osh***

Sep 20, 2018, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I don't know what actually happened.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to What he perceives the dems are scheming? ]

Neither do you. Sure, there are plausible theories out there about how and why this is unfolding the way it is, but that's all they are.

19B, that is very naive of you....

Sep 20, 2018, 10:42 AM

IMHO

Let me ask you this:

Sep 20, 2018, 10:46 AM

do you still believe Hillary Clinton is criminally guilty in Benghazi, after 6 independent investigations found no wrongdoing? Of course you do. Now...why?

This Ford/Kavanaugh case hasn't been investigated in any official capacity yet, but you're 100% certain it's a fraud/Democrat ploy.

We're not talking about Benghazi

Sep 20, 2018, 10:51 AM

The Dems have 2 goals: To re-claim the House and the Senate

And they will stoop to no level to get there. The theatrics of the dems in the hearings and the stalling in this Ford situation is all the evidence I need.

But we are, as the stakes are the same, or even higher,

Sep 20, 2018, 11:11 AM

in terms of the ramifications to policy and law going forward. House Republicans investigated EVERY possible facet of Benghazi. Multiple times. And found no criminal wrongdoing. But the rightwing echo chamber beat the Benghazi drum for YEARS. Given the margin of victory in the Presidential election, do you think this ploy was effective? Even you can admit that if FOX and every talking head hadn't manufactured the Benghazi issue to the extent they did, Trump likely wouldn't be POTUS today. It worked brilliantly, to the extent that you believe it to this day. And it was based on pure bullshit.

Is this Ford thing just a bullshit stall tactic? May well be. But don't pretend that you or your "team" are above the fray.

lol, ok.***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I don't know what actually happened. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh. You do know. My bad, yo.***

Sep 20, 2018, 10:47 AM

It’s hard not to see this for what it is

Sep 20, 2018, 10:52 AM

Honestly it’s unbelievable to me that what’s going on here isn’t completely clear to everyone. I’m really not sure it could be more obvious.

It's entirely possible it's a setup. Maybe even likely.

Sep 20, 2018, 11:01 AM

It may be a case where it did actually happen, and Ford and democrats know it's not provable and it's a non-starter, but still effective as a stall tactic. It may not have happened at all.

But any level of certainty you and I and anybody else have is rooted firmly in political leanings.

Re: It's entirely possible it's a setup. Maybe even likely.

Sep 20, 2018, 11:07 AM

actually no, only a moron would believe this accuser. It was even suggested as such by our millennial teabagger friend, who in most instances, knows the correct answer to everything. It is quite astounding how a person can be right about everything, ALL OF THE TIME and have that sort of confidence in themselves to let other people know about it.

It certainly doesn't shock me that you cannot/won't

Sep 20, 2018, 11:22 AM

acknowledge this for what it is. I'm not real sure how you function in day to day life, to be honest.

Re: It certainly doesn't shock me that you cannot/won't

Sep 20, 2018, 11:29 AM

I think both of us have said in the last two days is that it can be a hit job, and true at the same time. Nobody here is arguing that the dems are not being opportunists, but to completely disregard the allegations because if this would be foolish. Funny how I made the exact same argument yesterday and you chose much more colorful language.

Look the politicians are playing politics, sure...

Sep 20, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to It’s hard not to see this for what it is ]

but the truth is this would have played way better for the democrats if he had been asked point blank in the confirmation hearing to confirm or deny the accusation. They didn't even have to use the name at the time.

If this was being scripted it would have played out much differently.

the fact that it is blowing up in their faces does not prove

Sep 20, 2018, 11:34 AM

that it was not scripted. These are the same people that lost a national election to Donald Trump.

Maybe...

Sep 20, 2018, 11:56 AM

This one seems too obvious to miss. Underestimating Trump was the folly of about 19 different relatively qualified Presidential Candidates.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:21 AM

Agreed.

One just didn't get a hearing, one is having his reputation and character tarnished to hell.

My side should have run a competent candidate and we wouldn't be in this position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2018, 10:36 AM

#republicansstopabusingwomen

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!

Sep 20, 2018, 10:53 AM

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/13/638199556/congressman-accused-of-domestic-abuse-by-former-girlfriend

Re: LOL!

Sep 20, 2018, 11:01 AM

Does LOL stand for Like Our Lawbreaker?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL!

Sep 20, 2018, 11:05 AM

Trump was accused of rape by his ex wife. She took it back as part of their divorce settlement. She might have just been a tough negotiator though. Art of the deal.

Give it up bengal....It's OK if someone on the left does it

Sep 20, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to LOL! ]

In that case she had it coming to her.

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 58
| visibility 569
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic