Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
story that's converting over some new Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,622

story that's converting over some new Clemson fans

Jan 7, 2016, 7:26 PM

yeah, it's ESPN.....yeah it's written by Mark SEChlabaugh......

but check out the comments after the story.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14519758/dabo-swinney-overcame-pain-poverty-reach-new-heights-clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: story that's converting over some new Clemson fans

Jan 7, 2016, 7:29 PM

Coach Swinney's story is absolutely incredible. If there's ever been a person who had a reason to throw his hands up and call it a day, it's Dabo Swinney. I'm not one to put coaches and players on a pedestal, but if I could strive to have an attitude like Dabo Swinney, then I feel there's nothing that could ever pull me down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: story that's converting over some new Clemson fans

Jan 7, 2016, 7:50 PM

Great stuff, but I disagree with "it popped into my head at that very moment"

Not calling him a liar --- I'm accusing him of being too modest. I believe that he knows how to get people's attention and he's able to make the most out of his interactions with EVERYONE. He planned that, and it worked, and he knew it would go viral, and it went viral.

And even if it's tongue in cheek, I don't think for a second that BYOG and similar campaigns DIDN'T play some role in us being featured on SI 3 times and the bells and whistles of being rated #1 in the country. Thing is, I'm mad at myself for never giving him enough credit up until last year. Because it's clear that this year is the cumulative result of his building the brand over the past few years.

In 2-3 seasons since the train got rolling, Dabo has been able to erase 15-20 years worth of stigma relating to toughness (both mental and physical) and playing up/down to opponents.

If he just admitted that he's a great rhetor & charismatic personality, or if he admitted that he's rewriting the sports marketing/branding/PR books as we speak, would it would it any less so?

He should take credit for it. But I guess him not doing so is why it's so easy to like him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's story is incredibly inspirational.

Jan 7, 2016, 7:53 PM

We are blessed to have him as our HBC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Emailed this inspirational story to Penn St, OHst & USC friends!

Jan 7, 2016, 9:24 PM

Gotta spread the good!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,622
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic