Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
speaking of car dealers, back-up camera works intermittently
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 236

speaking of car dealers, back-up camera works intermittently

Dec 12, 2019, 1:01 PM

2012 4Runner. Took it there for the airbag recall. When I picked it up, they had forgotten to plug back in the heat/AC control stuff. Took it back and they fixed it free, of course. Then we had it in their body shop for days because Mrs No got hit by a deer. Now she's noticed that sometimes the back-up camera doesn't come on when shifting into reverse. Sometimes.

What are the odds that when I take it back to them to determine if they didn't plug that in well either, they'd admit to that. Instead of saying, oh yeah, it was plugged in right, you just needed a new $879 gizmo plus $320 labor. Or even that they won't say, "can't duplicate reported problem"? I hate intermittent issues, especially electronic, on a car.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honest dealer - can't replicate the issue

Dec 12, 2019, 1:07 PM

Greedy dealer - new gizmo

none will fix it for free and admit to another mistake as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, unless it is a recall issue.

Dec 12, 2019, 2:30 PM

At that point Toyota of Greenville can't replicate. Toyota of Greer can though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not much for crawling under something I know...

Dec 12, 2019, 2:34 PM

nothing about but my first suggestion is that you check the switch connector on the transmission. If that's the source of the trigger for the camera it may have shaken loose.

I wouldn't climb under the car, I'd just check the backup lights and see if there's a relationship between them and the camera not working. Is that clear, it sounds clear in my head but I'm old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, that switch may be on the shifter.

Dec 12, 2019, 2:35 PM

Idk, but it seems possible. Check forums for your make and model.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a great ideer.

Dec 12, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to I'm not much for crawling under something I know... ]

I'd rather stick needles in my eyeballs than subject myself to a dealership service dept other than clear warranty or recall issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 236
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic