Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
should Dabo move away from "choosing defense first" on the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

should Dabo move away from "choosing defense first" on the

Sep 18, 2018, 2:52 PM

coin toss..

maybe if we chose offense instead of defense, we would get off to a faster start.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choosing defense is a no brainer.***

Sep 18, 2018, 2:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: should Dabo move away from "choosing defense first" on the

Sep 18, 2018, 2:57 PM

You’re the reason we can’t have nice things.

No, there is nothing more meaningless than the

Sep 18, 2018, 2:59 PM

score at halftime, so it's just a wasted possession.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's all about field position. With this new rule

Sep 18, 2018, 3:00 PM

where you can call a fair catch on the kickoff then start on the 25, you can't pin them close to their own goal line on the opening kick anymore. So electing to play defense first is risky. A better option might be to elect to receive the ball, then on first down do a quick kick. As tall as Trevor Lawrence is I bet he could easily kick that thing down to the opponent's 1-yard line. With our DL, the next play is a guaranteed safety and we get the ball back up 2, so we really wouldn't even lose a possession.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Even better,

Sep 18, 2018, 3:07 PM

Let KB intentionally throw a long ball interception at the one yard line. Instead of receivers, we have cornerbacks in place to make the safe tackle after the catch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Even better,

Sep 18, 2018, 3:08 PM

Kleerly you’re not paying attention. We did that against aTm but it was an intentional fumble.

Idiots never saw it coming.

It sounds good in theory but I'm worried

Sep 18, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Even better, ]

KB would underthrow it by 10 yards

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So you're saying TL should be the starter?

Sep 18, 2018, 3:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: So you're saying TL should be the starter?

Sep 18, 2018, 3:16 PM

Gawd your dumb.

No, we’re obviously saying KB needs to be more accurate on his interceptions.

Learn to reed already.

Just for the first "series" to successfully execute

Sep 18, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to So you're saying TL should be the starter? ]

the quick kick. After that you put KB in and let him work the magic that got us to the CFP last year.

Wait, is KB throwing this over the middle or to sideline?

Sep 18, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Even better, ]

It's important.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

LOL....How in the he1l do you keep coming with these things?***

Sep 18, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to I think it's all about field position. With this new rule ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By your response I assume you think it's genius.

Sep 18, 2018, 4:31 PM

I agree.

I like having the ball to start the second half...

Sep 18, 2018, 3:01 PM

particularly when the team scores right at the end of the first half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If you choose defense, you'll be starting the 1st half

Sep 18, 2018, 3:03 PM

And the second half on defense.

that doesn't make any sense...

Sep 18, 2018, 3:37 PM

did you even read your own post?

It would make sense if you understood the terminology.***

Sep 18, 2018, 4:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Sep 18, 2018, 3:11 PM

No. If anything we earn better field position from kicking off instead of starting with a 3 and out

That depends, are we playing the ACC or the Big XII?***

Sep 18, 2018, 4:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Idiot.***

Sep 18, 2018, 5:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I usually fall sleep at half time and miss the first drive

Sep 18, 2018, 5:09 PM

of the second half, so I'd rather we be on defense for this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 6:04 PM

LOL. This thread is great.

Come out of the locker room at the end of halftime

Sep 18, 2018, 9:09 PM

and go to the other sideline. ACC ofishuls won't notice.

Sep 18, 2018, 7:55 PM

Actually he doesn’t choose defense. He defers his choice to the second half. It just so happens the other team has chosen to go on offense. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 8:01 PM

I see what you did there. Chosing defense first is something Dabo is too smart to fall for, lol. He may defer his option to the second half, but I doubt he'll ever chose defense first, no matter how good our defense is.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic