Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
scar will be better this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

scar will be better this season

Jul 13, 2018, 1:46 PM

I think they beat Uga at home this season. They only lost by 14 at uga last season and they ga was awesome las season. I do think they drop some other games, but when they beat uga they’ll be like 16-17 ranking range. Just setting them up for an epic fail when they play us this year. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree

Jul 13, 2018, 1:48 PM

we should start watching out for women's basketball NOW!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: scar will be better this season

Jul 13, 2018, 1:50 PM

Being better isn't hard, UGA did everything wrong against USuC and out match them at every single position across the field again this year and it shouldn't be a difficult win for UGA. With that being said UGA tends to struggle against USuC and USuC will be ready, on paper UGA dominates but with it being their first test with a young team I can see them struggle. USuC can only do so much with Bentley he's a poor passer and an even worse runner if they win it will be solely due to the SECLeast being significantly underwhelming yet again. I can see USuC pulling out 10 wins and being a good team on paper when the last week of November comes around for their reality check in Death Valley.

UGA, not that great but Scar is pathetic

Jul 13, 2018, 3:39 PM

They might still lose the game if UGA turned it over 5 times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 1:53 PM

UGA has a huge advantages in talent and depth. It is beyond me why people think SC is winning this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 13, 2018, 2:03 PM

People thinking USuC is any better just haven't studied the situation. THEY DON'T have 22 good players to man 1st string, much less ANY depth for back ups.

Agree. They have a false sense of progress based on...

Jul 13, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: scar will be better this season ]

win totals. their 9 wins last year had to be one of the worst 9 win teams ever and they have a very favorable schedule again this year to continue that false sense of "being good".

Jul 13, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: scar will be better this season ]

We had the same if not MORE significant advantages over Pitt and Syracuse the last two years . It happens .
Still think y'all will beat the brakes off of them , but don't ever underestimate the situation based on the opinions and appearances of things .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 15, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: scar will be better this season ]

Maybe because it is early in the year, at Willy B, and UGA will be inexperienced on D. Usuck has one of the best KORs in the nation coming back and one big play could turn the game. That said I think UGA wins by 10+ but I can see why people think USuck has a chance they are a legit top 25 team talent wise as much as people hate to believe it.

Jul 13, 2018, 1:54 PM

put down the pipe

Jul 13, 2018, 1:55 PM

They have the same amount of starters returning, both return their QB, and the only player on SCar's roster that might start for UGA is Samuel. Why does anyone think SCar will keep this close, much less win?

null

Jul 15, 2018, 8:50 AM

Well they usually play close games and it is early in the year on the road for UGA. Ofcourse UGA has more talent but games are never easy on the road especially against top 25-30 teams.

You're talking wimmins basketball, right ?***

Jul 13, 2018, 1:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Move along coot.

No. Move along coot.

I hope I don't smell...

COOT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 2:08 PM

I'm in no way a betting man, but I am saying that the coots don't beat UGA, and I don't care if they were playing in Kalamazoo Michigan or at their chicken coop, they lose where ever they play UGA. I say this bc talent matters, and UGA out talent them across the board!!! Tommy West could take the talent that UGA has and pluck those chicken bare to the skin!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 2:10 PM

They still have a big problem in the trenches on both sides. I like their skill guys but Jake Bentley, while he can spin it, can't extend plays with his feet and is strangely unaware in the pocket as well. We saw that repeatedly, which is why he basically crawled off the field in 2016 and was completely ineffective last year as well.

That's a big problem because their OL in general and their OT's in particular are pretty bad. Zack Bailey at RG is an All-American...which sort of begs the nickname "Zack Bailey and the Four Palookas" for the Gamecock OL because the drop between Bailey and everyone else is that severe.

Defense...woof. That DL...is not good. DJ Wonnum is all right (he got six sacks and 13 TFL, which is...ok), the others are journeymen at best. They're really, honestly going to try to start Shameikh Blackshear at weakside DE...uh, okay. He'd be 5th-string (literally!) at Clemson. All I'll say. Their secondary was already pretty limited and is replacing three fellas. The Gamecocks quietly climbed all the way up to 44th nationally in terms of defense last year (though one does wonder how much that was aided by the horrific offenses they faced in the SEC East), but replicating even that modest feat could be difficult given their offseason attrition.

They actually kind of remind me of most of Tommy Bowden's teams - good skill, OK defense, squishy-soft in the trenches. Which looks good for 7-8 wins, most probably, but I just don't see this team doing much more than that, and if something happens to Bentley it's Season Over for them.

Jul 13, 2018, 2:14 PM

And that there is funny bc they don't have much with fall down Jake as it is!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: scar will be better this season ]

Pretty spot on analysts. Last year we had two o-lineman that had no business playing at this level but they were Seniors and had experience so there wasn't a better option. This year we are moving Zack Bailey back inside to guard where he plays best and have Donell Stanley back from injury who moves to center so the line should be improved. Having some kind of running attack is going to be the key to success for the offense. There is plenty of talent at WR with Deebo, Edwards, and Shi and OrTre Smith but if you can't run the ball good defenses will eat us alive.

Of course our biggest issue is depth, especially at LB and in the secondary. And if Bentley goes down so does the season. The d-line won't be world beaters but they won't be as bad as you portray. Blackshear is (as of now) lucky to be second string. We have some young guys at DE that may surprise some people and Javon Kinlaw at tackle is poised to have a great year. IMO the front 7 are going to have to get some kind of push this year to help with the inexperience we have in the backfield or we are in trouble.

Jul 13, 2018, 3:06 PM

Just don't forget, when you are assessing that defense, you really should be looking into your depth now. With the "installation" of an up-tempo like that has been reported, the offense is going to struggle at times (after all, this is the first year it will be installed)...what does that do to the defense? Puts them on the field more often. Going to need 2 deep, even possible 3 deep against big dogs, or you may watch that defense get gassed...much less what the rigors of the season do to their bodies each week. Could also mean more defensive injuries. Just giving you something to think about.

Jul 13, 2018, 3:12 PM

Totally agree. When tempo works it's great but when it doesn't it leaves the defense out to dry and we just don't have the depth to go 4 qtrs of that. BUT, we won't be running up tempo 100% of the time. You will definitely see it early on in the game but how the game plays out will dictate how the tempo goes. The Michigan game is a good example of what we should look like but with more RPO's. We came out on fire but slowed things down when Michigan's stout defense kept us in check. Then in the 4th qtr when the offense started to get something going the tempo picked up a bit again.

Jul 14, 2018, 3:40 PM

Maybe a zebra can change its stripes, but I would still not trust Muschamp to let his offense loose, especially if he thinks he is thin on the D-side of the ball. I just can't get out of my head his Gator teams with quite a bit of offensive talent that he just would not unleash. It will be interesting to see what he allows his O-coordinator to do.

Jul 13, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: scar will be better this season ]

That is incredible analysis - that's a lot of what the Vegas breakdown was in putting the betting line o/u wins at 7. I'm not entirely sure but I'm almost certain that was regular season only.

Meanwhile Tigers o/u is 11.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 2:24 PM

I'm taking UGa at -13.5.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 2:31 PM

All day.

You're Bogarting the pipe***

Jul 13, 2018, 2:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

How could they be any worse?***

Jul 13, 2018, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jul 13, 2018, 2:49 PM

Hope is not a strategy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2018, 2:50 PM

There is no chance South Carolin beats Georgia this year. To the contrary, Georgia will beat them by more than last years 14. South Carolina will have a good year; I predict 10 -2. They’ll win a mediocre bowl and be all optimistic about 2019 being their year. Yet their hopes will be dashed in 2019 as they return to a 7 - 5 season. Go Tigers!!!
Igers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha, the old last years score Analysis

Jul 13, 2018, 2:51 PM

Is fools gold for the weak minded. I guess you think SCAR could play with BAMA too? Coot are just stupid ????

Clemson 70
USCjr 13

Jul 13, 2018, 2:56 PM

I will be the first to admit that last years 9 wins look a lot better on paper than it did on the field. I put a lot of that on our ex OC Roper with his conservative and just plain bad play calling but losing Deebo early against Kentucky was a huge blow to the offense (if it wasn't for him we never would have beaten NC St). We very well could have lost to La Tech, Tenn, and Florida.

With all that said I do think that we have a chance to upset Georgia (as slim as it is) but it will take playing a mistake free game. If this game was anything besides at home game 2 I wouldn't think we stood a chance.

I do think we will be better this year with McClendon as OC and Werner working with Bentley. How much better? No idea. We could sneak a win over Georgia and find ourselves playing in Atlanta or we could improve and still end up with 7-9 wins again. I just know that it can't get here soon enough.

Jul 13, 2018, 3:35 PM

I dunno. Will UGA be able to run?

Sam Pittman is the best coach at UGA. He's also a tremendous recruiter and has landed some monster O-linemen to work with and the Dawgs are probably going to be the biggest team in America up front.

That said, while the UGA homers (which seems like all of them, basically) like to point at Swift and Holifield as 1-for-1 replacements for Chubb and Michel, they aren't...and it really isn't close. Swift looked pretty good but he was a good notch or two below Chubb and Michel, and Holified looked workmanlike but he was 2-3 notches below. Zeus White is a former 5-star but he's coming off a torn ACL and won't be on the field, probably this entire year.

So UGA's offense could be clunky, and their D is replacing virtually everybody, including almost their entire front seven.

What that tells me is that Carolina - who does have a clear edge in skill talent - actually could have a chance if UGA's offense reverts to its early-season form (or worse) from last year, which was not good...and is also entirely possible.

Best guess is that Carolina comes out and loads up the box and makes Fromm beat them with his arm. They possibly can do that, and if Fromm isn't sharp enough to back the Gamecocks up, the Gamecocks legit could win this game. I do think the Gamecock receivers will make some plays.

Jul 13, 2018, 4:03 PM

I am not as optimistic about Georgia's defense taking a huge step backwards. Georgia, like Clemson, has been recruiting at a high level for a long time and though they are replacing 7 starters the replacements have experience. BUT, with the game being at home and the second game of the year I think we stand a chance as long as we can run the ball with some kind of efficiency.

I agree that Muschamp and T Rob will stack the line and try to put the game in Fromm's hands. Last year Fromm had the luxury of TWO NFL caliber RB's which he won't have to lean on this year. Stop the run and you stop Georgia because they are not built to have to rely on the passing game.

Jul 13, 2018, 5:27 PM

SC will do to UGA what every team does to UGA - load the box and pray the can stop the run. Everyone did that and only Auburn was successful, in the first meeting. The strength of UGA's team may be in the O-line. I think SC keeps it respectbale in the first have but UGA exploits SC's lack of defenseive depth in the second half and pulls away.

Jul 13, 2018, 4:02 PM

USUck will be better it’s the only direction they can go. But this talk of winning 10 games is non-sense. They will be 8-4 and play in the Toliet Bowl everyday.

Jul 13, 2018, 4:05 PM

We could improve on every statistic and still only win 8 games but 10 wins is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:14 AM

We could improve on every statistic and still only win 8 games but 10 wins is not out of the realm of possibilities.

No, I'm pretty sure it is, even though your schedule is weak. Your team is just that awful.

Tell em, coot!***

Jul 13, 2018, 4:04 PM

scar will be better this season..... At sucking...

Jul 13, 2018, 4:16 PM

Here fixed it for you...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: scar will be better this season..... At sucking...

Jul 13, 2018, 4:40 PM

8 to 10 wins is Dreamland and Zack Bailey would be playing on Sundays this year if he was that outstanding.

Since they've got their best playmaker back they should be.***

Jul 13, 2018, 10:52 PM

Jul 13, 2018, 11:20 PM

I think Georgia is going to make that a statement game . I bet you they beat the Coots by 20+ points and its over by the start of the 4th quarter .
Please don't get all caught up in the preseason love being shown the Coots .. They're not going to be that good and that's giving them the benefit of having such a soft schedule .

DB23

ok

Jul 14, 2018, 3:04 PM

Esecpn making them out like they are contenders tho....this year will truly show if they’ve made any real progress

Re: ok

Jul 14, 2018, 5:25 PM

Agree , this year is their year . If UGA lost a lot of talent and their other conference foes are what people expect , they should take the east and play for the conference title , right ?

Ain't happenin' , Cap'n.

DB23

They may improve a little but they will probably

Jul 15, 2018, 9:50 AM

win less games. They had a 7-6 team last year that somehow went 9-4 much like they had a 5-6 win team in 2016 that managed to win 7.

I think they have a team that should win around 7 games, maybe 8 if things go really well, and I just don't see them getting lucky 3 years in a row.

Re: They may improve a little but they will probably

Jul 15, 2018, 10:06 AM

Has Harbaugh moved to Georgia or something? Or what was that giant dude's name who went to Maryland and f'ed them all up in a season, then went to Kansas or something and made them somehow worse? If it's that guy, maybe they have a chance. If not, no Cack win with that.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:11 AM

Sorry- not Maryland. Notre Dame. The dude who destroyed Notre Dame, and then found a way to make Kansas worse. Who's that guy? He's probably the only one who can compete with Muschamp in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, the only contender at the art of having NFL talent and a 3-9 record.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:24 AM

Charlie Weiss.

Muschamp couldn't win anything with Florida talent. He'll settle SC into a respectable 8 win team. He peaked last year, a little sooner than most thought he would.

Jul 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

coots will finish no higher than 5 - 7 this season......mark it down...........Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Jul 15, 2018, 2:49 PM

No where to go but up. Can't get much worse.

Jul 15, 2018, 3:40 PM

I think UGA prolly beats them by 14-17. Scar is better at UGA at one position and that's where ever Deebo is lining up.

I think there depth is still off, they are going to lose games the same way this year as they did last year. And there are still a few teams on their schedule that are just more talented than them. Their schedule isn't as easy as everyone thinks

Jul 15, 2018, 3:45 PM

At leaving the stadium in the 1st half, not waiting on the 3rd qtr.

Jul 15, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: scar will be better this season ]

Yeah, the coots schedule is pretty easy. Having said that, it is hard for them because they have so many holes. To listen to coots like southern and classless09, they are even talent wise with UGA and Clemson across the board. LOL It's no wonder the coots fanbase is seriously considered the dumbest in college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic