Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
repost: REAL Clemson/Wofford football simulation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

repost: REAL Clemson/Wofford football simulation

Aug 11, 2015, 1:02 PM

This was originally posted many years ago by an old friend TigeRAG81. Good stuff...

Computer simulations are crap. Football is hitting, not number-crunching. That's why they play the games.

So, with that in mind, today I ran a real-life Clemson/Wofford football simulation by handing my six-year-old nephew a Wofford T-shirt and playing him in a game of one-on-one backyard football, figuring the relative skill levels would be similar to that of the actual Tigers and Terriers. And it was for real. We played college rules- not NFL, like that ridiculous Madden game, and we played in actual Southern football conditions, hot, humid and breezy- not like the fake, no-weather dome stadium that the "other" simulation uses. You could almost hear the thundering roar of the Death Valley crowd as the 6'3, 200-pound Tiger(s) prepared to throw-off to the 4'3, 83-pound Terrier(s). Game on.

Fellow Tiger fans, I don't want to get your collective hopes up too much, but I'm VERY proud to report that the Tigers were leading 168-0 in the second quarter when the ENTIRE Wofford football team suffered a game-ending injury and forfeited, the wussy(s). Equally dominating on both offense and defense, the Clemson team controlled the game from the opening kickoff, and actually made Wofford cry on more than one occasion. Seriously, if this game was any indication of the season to come, we may be good. Very good.

Next week: Clemson vs. Duke. My eleven-year-old cousin from Durham is already talking smack about it. Bring it on, Hunter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seem to remember as a Wofford Grad and a

Aug 11, 2015, 1:39 PM

current Clemson grad student watching the little pups take a 7-0 halftime lead, in 1981--the championship year. Terriers scored 3 more and I think the Tigers roared out 45.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

So, you made us use our playbook?

Aug 11, 2015, 1:42 PM

Quite an accomplishment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really. There was no gas in the tank mid way

Aug 11, 2015, 1:59 PM

through the 3rd quarter. Reality sat in. HOWEVER! I got to cheer for two great schools!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: I seem to remember as a Wofford Grad and a

Aug 11, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to I seem to remember as a Wofford Grad and a ]

> current Clemson grad student watching the little pups
> take a 7-0 halftime lead, in 1981--the championship
> year. Terriers scored 3 more and I think the Tigers
> roared out 45.

The final score was 45-10, but Clemson led 17-3 at the half. Wofford scored a field goal in the 1st quarter, and touchdown near the end.

They did better than Georgia did that year, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: repost: REAL Clemson/Wofford football simulation

Aug 11, 2015, 1:44 PM

If you need help finding an over the hill senior for the South Carolina game let me know.

null

POTD***

Aug 11, 2015, 1:52 PM

REAL Clemson/Wofford football simulation

Sep 4, 2015, 10:17 AM

...since gameday is upon us.
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic