Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
really sick of trash like JA adande and jemille hill.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

really sick of trash like JA adande and jemille hill.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:29 AM

constantly going after dabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Trash is putting it kindly...

Jun 2, 2020, 5:32 AM

Their networks should be fined for cultural and societal pollution..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a good time to be the guy

Jun 2, 2020, 5:41 AM

who responded to peaceful anti-police brutality protests in 2016 with an 8-minute sermon in which he suggested the protesters just leave the country.

Him threatening to quit coaching if players ever receive a portion of the revenues they help to create also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, considering how much money he himself makes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not a good time to be the guy

Jun 2, 2020, 6:10 AM

It’s never a bad time to be the guy who helps raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for the breast cancer fight every year and has helped purchase mobile screening buses and who helps encourage 100 young men each year to go out and make a difference in their community through service no matter what cause they choose to serve. We should all try to do a small portion of the good work he has dedicated his life outside of football to accomplish. If you wish to attack a hypocritical football or basketball coach there are far better deserving targets than the little sweatshirt wearing cheerleader over in Clemson my friend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's a great guy

Jun 2, 2020, 6:35 AM

All those things you mentioned are admirable. There are actually people on here who think he only gets criticized because he's a good Christian man, though. Just providing some context. It was inevitable that he was gonna get some flak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo's a great guy

Jun 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

Agreed as usual

Re: Dabo's a great guy

Jun 3, 2020, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Dabo's a great guy ]

Just because he's a good Christian man, doesn't make him perfect. The way this board is starting to deify Dabo is starting to make me uncomfortable and is bordering on idol worship. When you reach a point where someone is thought to never be able to make a mistake or is above being able to be criticized, thats what you have

He knows paying college players will be the beginning of

Jun 2, 2020, 6:43 AM [ in reply to It's not a good time to be the guy ]

... the end for the game of college football.

And he’s right.

Dabo played for his scholarship and his education. Then, he parlayed his education and what he learned as a player into a long and at first, not particularly lucrative career as a coach.

He was fired at Alabama and was on the verge of being fired at Clemson before he pulled everything together and slowly began earning his big salary.

College players need to see things from Dabo’s perspective.

It’s not about instant gratification. You have to work your way toward your big payoff. If you’re good enough, it’ll be there. If not, then the few bucks you “earn” in college won’t mean anything in the long run.

And as far as quitting football and doing something else. You can rest assured that Dabo Swinney would be successful and make lots of money at whatever he did for a living. He’s already proven that in the private sector. He took a big pay cut to get back into coaching ay Clemson.

He knows paying players is a bad idea. He just doesn’t want to see college football ruined.

He exactly right.

Re: He knows paying college players will be the beginning of

Jun 2, 2020, 11:30 AM

I see what you're saying, but you don't think someone like Trevor Lawrence has worked hard to get to where he is?

I'm not a huge fan of players getting paid, but it got harder to defend it as being all about being student athletes once the coaches started making 5+ million a year in many cases, and upwards to 10 million a year in some. It's really hard to tell a player they can't get paid $200 to sign autographs somewhere for a few hours while their coach is making 10 million.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:44 AM

Why do people always link players and coaches together like they are the same? In college sports, they can’t be any farther apart. A college athlete is a student who plays a sport for their school. A college coach is a person who is working, for a living. There’s a clear line between the two. Just because a coach makes a lot of money doesn’t give a player the right to profit off of that. When they become a professional in whatever they do, that’s when their financial future begins.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:59 AM

Because the high salaries show that the sport isn't being played simply to represent the school and provide an opportunity for people to earn an education. If the education is what mattered the most then a major school would just move on to another coach if the coach decided he needed millions of dollars to keep on coaching.

It's interesting how attendance is so much better at most places whenever a team is really good, and goes down whenever they aren't. I don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty darn confident that IPTAY donations are a lot higher over our past 5 years of success than they were in 2010. Why is that? Yes, Dabo is a really large reason for that and he deserves to be rewarded for that, and just to be clear, I have zero problem with how much money he makes.

My point is, if it were just about education and school pride then why does the money go up so much with the wins? Why do we see so many schools with boosters who manage to come up with money for buyouts like we saw with FSU last year?

I think we can all agree that a school makes more money the better their teams perform right? Couldn't it then be argued that the more 4 and 5 star recruits who come in ends up resulting in more money for the school?

I know I'm rambling, but it's not even as if the schools are going to be paying the players at this point. If a college coach can earn 10 million at his job, then his star quarterback should be allowed to earn money signing autographs, or for having his jersey sold in stores.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: He knows paying college players will be the beginning of ]

Trevor has worked very hard to get where he is. But, I don’t think he’s worked any harder than say, Chase Brice.

Why should Trevor be able to parlay his hard work into money as a college player because he’s a better player than Chase? Isn’t it already enough that Trevor was the starter and in the spotlight, paving the way for his NFL aspirations?

They both work their butts off for years to earn a college scholarship which they both richly deserved.

Should notoriety and God-given talent then outweigh hard work when determining who should get paid and how much?

Trevor will be paid multi millions very soon as a reward for his hard work and an acknowledgment of his talent.

That’s what he gets for working hard and succeeding in college.

Chase Brice probably won’t get that in spite of working just as hard for it as Trevor.

In my opinion there is no reason to go down the road of a pay scheme for college players that’s fraught with potential inequities. It’s just not necessary.

so has the walk on that won't play a snap this year...you

Jun 3, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: He knows paying college players will be the beginning of ]

think he hasn't work hard or maybe even harder than Trevor b/c he doesn't have the same ability. Be he gets nothing while the limelight guys get all the perks. this will not be good for team unity that's for sure.

Coaches making more than a million dollars a year was the

Jun 2, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to He knows paying college players will be the beginning of ]

beginning of the end.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to It's not a good time to be the guy ]

IMO, Players receive plenty of compensation for their service. Especially at Clemson.
1. Free Education / free living arrangements
2. Free Books and supplies
3. Free tutoring
4. Top rated coaching
5. Strength and Conditioning
6. High quality food
7. All the gear the accumulate during college
8. Great networking system after college
9. Many perks as former Clemson players
10. Stipend ( extra spending money )
11. Most non NFL players end up with great jobs.
12. Access to resources not available to the average student.

I think the players receive plenty. This payment plan model will mostly benefit the players who Probably will make millions in the NFL.

Many NFL prospects most likely would not make it to the NFL without college football. The coaching, S & C ing, exposure to NFL teams, so many other intangibles you cannot put a price on.

I would be in favor of allowing players more stipend money. I believe allowing players to earn possibly a million dollars or more could destroy the team spirit of the game, locker room continuity and may even possibly destroy players themselves. Some kids and their families may not be able to handle that kind of money. I also feel illegal drug use may increase. There are just to many down sides to changing the current college model to a basically pay for play model.

IMO it could force or give schools reasons to eliminate more non profit sports like soccer, golf, lacrosse, even baseball and women’s softball.

I think it turns college football into a minor league football system which if the NFL can get their hooks into the new college model they will. It will cause more headaches for coaches so I don’t blame Dabo for standing by his statement that he would possibly give up coaching college football for another profession.

GREED, SELF INDULGENCE, IT’S OWED TO ME are some of the main factors driving our society and economy ( IMO with negative consequences )

Many people made negative comments when I posted suggestions that The Tiger’s should beware of those outside forces that will do anything to try and bring down Clemson. Some of these sources are the media, other schools and coaches, big money boosters from other schools. There are a host of sources out there who would relish the downfall on The Elite Clemson Tiger’s. There have been several attacks directed towards Dabo in the last few weeks. He is criticized regarding any comments he makes or even when he remains silent about an issue. Many of these sources are not above lying about Dabo, his family, other Tiger’s coaches or players as well as the university and administrators. You can call me crazy or paranoid but the attacks against Clemson will only get worse with our continued success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Athletes ARE compensated. Seems some people

Jun 2, 2020, 4:20 PM

forget all the benefits you listed.

At Clemson, each scholarship football player is receiving

Jun 2, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not a good time to be the guy ]

approximately $350,000 per year worth of state-of-the-art training, coaching, conditioning, preparation, and of course collegiate education, for an opportunity to reach their potential in football (their choice) and life. That's about $300,000 over just the scholarship portion, if you consider the facilities, staffing, and accompanying salaries. Players (and their agents) will routinely invest $30-40k just for NFL Combine training, so the math can't be far off.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: It's not a good time to be the guy ]

College IS the NFL's minor league...And they don't pay a plugged nickel for it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comes with the territory... if Dabo was coach at a middle of

Jun 2, 2020, 7:34 AM

the pack football program the national media wouldn't even waste the ink writing about him. Just another sign we are at the top of the mountain in college football.

I know it is hard for us Clemson folks to believe, but there some media types that don't like Dabo because he is such an "out of the mold" guy that has been enormously successful. For some it's not anything other than they are tired of seeing Clemson win so much that anytime they feel they can take a shot at us they will.

Lastly, I've never understood why media types and even some on this board make such a big deal out having coaches comment on things outside of football. Just as I don't ask or want my plumbers political opinions, I don't look to Dabo for political, home improvement, or medical advice. If Dabo has something to say about football - I'll definitely listen but other than that I'm not really interested. So if Dabo chooses to stay silent on a particular non-football or hot news issue, that is his prerogative and people should respect that. In fact I wish more sports figures and entertainers would just shut up and stick to what they get paid to do as a lot of it is nothing more than PR virtue signalling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comes with the territory... if Dabo was coach at a middle of

Jun 2, 2020, 11:34 AM

I have mixed feelings on the subject. My first thought is just like yours, in that I don't see why a football coach should be expected to comment on things like this. However, a college football coach is a state employee who is a leader of 100+ young men when you count the walk on players, and is also someone that hundreds of thousands of people look up to.

But your platform doesn't give you more knowledge

Jun 2, 2020, 3:02 PM

or have you better equipped to speak on all topics. It gives you more responsibility since you influence more, which means words should be chosen even more carefully. Just because someone has a lot of people that listen to them doesn't mean they are qualified to speak on any topic that affects a wide-array of people.

Clemson

Re: Comes with the territory... if Dabo was coach at a middle of

Jun 2, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Comes with the territory... if Dabo was coach at a middle of ]

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I don'care what a celebrity thinks about politics.
All they are, are make believers or singers.

They Both Are Sad Sub-Human Vultures

Jun 2, 2020, 8:33 AM

That likely are the type that encourage looting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW, here's my solution.

Jun 2, 2020, 8:38 AM

I don't listen to them or seek them for my opinion or an opposing viewpoint. I seek honest appraisals from those who are close to the situation.

To be completely honest, I have never heard of these two. So, that tells you how much I value their opinions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: really sick of trash like JA adande and jemille hill.

Jun 2, 2020, 8:43 AM

Add bomani jones to that list as well.

Interesting how S A Smith was a fence sitter about Dabo and Clemson until he came to campus a while back. Now he's positive, or at least as positive as he can be.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:59 AM

crawdad64 said:

Add bomani jones to that list as well.

Interesting how S A Smith was a fence sitter about Dabo and Clemson until he came to campus a while back. Now he's positive, or at least as positive as he can be.

Can you quote and source something Bomani Jones has said that makes you hate him?

Jun 2, 2020, 10:11 AM

I'll try to link the twitter threads below, but this is just one of the postings that I fine dismissive, disrespectful and borderline hateful.

"like, dabo seems to be acknowledging white folks should ask for forgiveness for *something*. but what in the world does he think black people should be forgiven for?

i guarantee he couldn't answer that. and that's why his good intentions deserve much greater scrutiny."

and

"you can't explain concepts like white privilege to a cat like him because he can't look anywhere in his life and see where being white did anything for him. obviously it did, but he can only see what he and jesus did in america. and without defending it, i understand it."

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1267549331801997313

I think hate is incorrect regarding my feelings about jones, I just don't like his one-sided rhetoric and just wish he'd shut the frack up.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:37 AM

crawdad64 said:

I'll try to link the twitter threads below, but this is just one of the postings that I fine dismissive, disrespectful and borderline hateful.

"like, dabo seems to be acknowledging white folks should ask for forgiveness for *something*. but what in the world does he think black people should be forgiven for?

i guarantee he couldn't answer that. and that's why his good intentions deserve much greater scrutiny."

and

"you can't explain concepts like white privilege to a cat like him because he can't look anywhere in his life and see where being white did anything for him. obviously it did, but he can only see what he and jesus did in america. and without defending it, i understand it."

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1267549331801997313

I think hate is incorrect regarding my feelings about jones, I just don't like his one-sided rhetoric and just wish he'd shut the frack up.

I am not sure I see your issue with what he said. His consistent point about Dabo is that he is a hard working come from nothing guy who has built himself up in a way that is admirable, so its hard to tell a guy like that that you can't make it coming from a poor disadvantageous situation regardless of color. However, he says Dabo always forgets that he was afforded opportunities from a place of privilege that black guys with his similar background would not get. Opportunities such as being offered an assistant coaching job at Alabama after being a very mediocre player, being incredibly successful in real estate where studies show that people are most comfortable buying from people that look like them, or not getting run up out of town after a very mediocre season of 6-7. In fact, the powers that be CAME TO HIM and asked him what he needed to turn it around.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:40 AM

I'd also like to add it's not Dabo's responsibility to apologize for his privilege, but to stop acting like his privilege doesn't exist.

what "privilege" does Dabo have? I am a white male

Jun 2, 2020, 4:22 PM

I've never been given one iota of privilege. I honestly don't understand the whole "white privilege" thing.

what opportunities was Dabo afforded that others from

Jun 2, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: really sick of trash like JA adande and jemille hill. ]

his background wouldn't have gotten? Are you really saying Dabo got a job on Alabama's staff and as a real estate salesman, and that he didn't lose his job after a bad season because he is white??? That he had "white privilege" behind him as leverage??

That kind of talk only adds to the societal issue.

No man is held down due to the color of his skin. No man is given things due to the color of skin.

Re: what opportunities was Dabo afforded that others from

Jun 3, 2020, 7:17 AM

his background wouldn't have gotten? Are you really saying Dabo got a job on Alabama's staff and as a real estate salesman, and that he didn't lose his job after a bad season because he is white??? That he had "white privilege" behind him as leverage??

That kind of talk only adds to the societal issue.

No man is held down due to the color of his skin. No man is given things due to the color of skin.

No, I said, a black man with the EXACT same background would not have gotten the opportunity. Never did I say Dabo didn't earn or deserve what he has. No person has ever been held down because the color of his skin? Only a message board full of old white men age 50 plus would make a statement like that. Therein lies the problem. You can't be a helpful for the solution because you deny that their is even a problem. No matter how much evidence is thrown in your face, the premise is something that makes you uncomfortable. Just like Kaepernick kneeling. If he would have came out and said he was kneeling to honor fallen soldiers, no one would have cared. As soon as he put voice to the REASON, then white people were up in arms.

Interesting that only black reporters are on this list...

Jun 2, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: really sick of trash like JA adande and jemille hill. ]

The people who are of the race that are hurting are invalidated. Maybe we should listen instead of defending, for once. Now start the defense. Btw- I respect and live dabo.. my maid was a white woman, and I had a white roommate in college, and had white team mates so I am nit racist against white people as a black man. I just wanted to put my resume for not being a racist out there just like white people do all the time. And, and... I Pastor a predominantly white church. So I know I am bot racist!!!! Haha!!! Yes I am. We all are in some ways. But listeb first y’all. As a black pastor, clemson grad and leader of a black and mainly white members- trust me when I say ya”ll need to listen beyond being defensive

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for typis ahead of time....

Jun 2, 2020, 11:04 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting that only black reporters are on this list...

Jun 2, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Interesting that only black reporters are on this list... ]

Why does a pastor need a maid? The IRS might find that interesting.

I grew up with a white maid!! I don’t have one now..

Jun 2, 2020, 11:26 AM

Nm

Re: I grew up with a white maid!! I don’t have one now..

Jun 2, 2020, 11:57 AM

Why does it matter that she was white though?

To prove I’m not a racist.... I love White people..

Jun 2, 2020, 12:02 PM

Lol!!! True I grew up with white maid but making a sarcastic point that white people declare they are not racist becuase they’ve had relationships with people of other races where they are in the position of power or temporary positions of equality and power.

Re: I grew up with a white maid!! I don’t have one now..

Jun 2, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I grew up with a white maid!! I don’t have one now.. ]

I think he was pointing that out in the same type of way that you see some white people say things like "I'm not a racist, in fact I have several black friends."

Re: Interesting that only black reporters are on this list...

Jun 2, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Interesting that only black reporters are on this list... ]

I agree with you about listening. People of all sides are guilty of this no matter if the topic is race relations, politics, or even debating sports.

I do think that's a huge reason the violence that's come out of some of these protests is very misfortunate. The end result is that the people who needed to listen end up only focused on the looting, destruction, and violence.

Jun 2, 2020, 11:40 AM

Not trying to single you out OP, but it drives me crazy how many posts are made by people on here referencing comments that someone on television or radio made without letting the rest of us on here know what was said. Not everyone was watching or listening to whatever it is that you're referencing.

Jun 2, 2020, 12:40 PM

As much as I love Dabo, as a black man, if I didn’t have the personal connections as a Clemson Alumni I would feel the same way the rest of the country feels about Dabo. Partly sour grapes because lil
Ole Clemson, but He’s been oblivious to how to speak on this subject of racism and injustice since day 1.

Jun 2, 2020, 1:37 PM

Hill is one of the biggest piece of #### racists in the country. If you count her among your enemies then you are doing something right.

Don't watch and

Jun 2, 2020, 3:16 PM

...ESPN then.

Unless there's a college football game on ESPN never comes on my TV. We have nothing in common except for CFB games.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ding ding ding! Only watch espin if Clemson game is on.

Jun 2, 2020, 6:50 PM

Lots of sports and better shows in other locations.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 5:26 PM

ESecPN needs to keep politics out of sports.........but they want........Hope they go bankrupt......Go Tigers!!!!

Don't know how ja adande is, but jemele hill is easily one

Jun 2, 2020, 6:57 PM

of the biggest racists in media/journalism.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic