Topic: next trip to Grant Field, might need to check out this place
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 27, 2019 8:22 AM by: TigerTuba1995
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

next trip to Grant Field, might need to check out this place

[1]
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 4:48 PM

https://atlanta.eater.com/2019/6/26/18759847/rowdy-tiger-whiskey-bar-restaurant-opening-midtown-atlanta

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: next trip to Grant Field, might need to check out this place

[1]
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 4:52 PM

FATT MATTS RIB SHACK IS MY GO TO PLACE,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 9:51 PM

Same!!!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 9:28 PM

I know this is about Atlanta eateries so please bare with me while I reminisce. I recall in 1977 going to Atlanta after GT had announced they were going to stop playing Clemson and replace us with William & Mary. So not knowing if and when the next trip to Atlanta would be, the Tigers started the $2 bill tradition just so Atlanta would know what it cost them for GT to drop the series.

Being a married student, I was relatively (more like really) poor back then so I drove down the day of the game and before the game went to the Varsity to eat. It was amazing to watch the cashiers struggle with all the $2 Bill's coming at them from the Tiger fans.

Next time I go to a GT game in Atlanta, I should go back to the Varsity just for old times sake with a few $2 bills. Who cares about healthy food for a memory.

2019 white level member

You will not eat better food than BeetleCat in Inman Park.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 12:13 AM

A Ford Fry restaurant (look him up and see all his restaurants...they're all good), this place is the best in Atlanta.

Their Lobster Roll won the Lobster Roll World Championship in Maine last year. My GF is from Maine, and all her family said it was the best they ever had when they visited. Hands down.

Can't go wrong with Poke Bowl, Twice fried wings, Collar, or their Triple decker cheeseburger (which comes with a boozy milkshake: Rum& Vanilla).

I'm not much of a oyster fan, but I really liked their Oysters with pickled red onion ice. That says something, cause I don't like red onions either.

Ford Fry has gotten large enough, and has partnered with other chefs, that has seafood flown in several times a week from Maine.

http://beetlecatatl.com/

2019 white level member

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 8:22 AM

One of my favorite eateries in the Atlanta Metro region was the Azteca Grill in Jonesboro, near Southlake Mall off Morrow Industrial Blvd. I lived in Marietta as a co-op student and sometimes even on week days would trek through downtown Atlanta to go there.

Marietta used to have (not sure it's still there) a smokehouse off Terrell Mill Road at Powers Ferry that a lot of us at IBM Wildwood used to frequent for lunch. Can't remember the name of it though

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: Homecoming Tickets for pairs and sets of 4 Section UN row K (4) aisle seats $350 each Section I r...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1288 people have read this post