Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
men's tennis @ #35 Miami Preview (tomorrow at 10am)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

men's tennis @ #35 Miami Preview (tomorrow at 10am)

Feb 23, 2019, 3:39 PM

Clemson now coming off a 4-0 loss to #19 FSU while Miami defeated Georgia Tech on Friday 6-1

Miami record: 7-3 1-0 ACC
Best wins: 6-1 over #45 Florida Atlantic, 4-1 over #42 Iowa
Losses: 4-0 to #3 Texas, 4-1 to #9 Mississippi State, 4-2 to Utah

Miami projected singles lineup:

1. #24 Adria Soriano Barrera, So. Barcelona, Spain
2. Francisco Bastias, Fr. Mendoza, Argentina
3. #75 Bojan Jankulovski, So. Skopje, Macedonia
4. Dane Dunlap, Jr. Washago, Canada
5. William Grattan-Smith, So. Atlanta, GA
6. Franco Aubone, Fr. San Juan, Argentina

Analysis: Clemson has won 7 win a row vs Miami in the series. Miami has been towards the bottom of the ACC in most of those seasons, which explains why we have been able to beat them. But this year's Miami team is better and more dangerous. This is really win Clemson needs to get, adding a win over the #35 team into the rankings will help going forward. Clemson will have chances at the bottom of the lineup I think but I am going to predict a 4-3 Miami win because Clemson needs to prove they can win a match like this first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: men's tennis @ #35 Miami Preview (tomorrow at 10am)

Feb 23, 2019, 3:54 PM

I for one will be glad when you will be able to predict more Wins than losses against the really good competition,but unfortunately the Tigers just will not let you have that luxury it appears.Been like that now for 3 years under John Boetsch it seems.

yep. 5-21 in the ACC the past 2 seasons

Feb 23, 2019, 4:06 PM

Only wins are 2 over Miami and BC (BC shouldn't even really count since they don't give tennis scholarships are always horrendous) and 1 over Georgia Tech.

I thought this team would be a bit better but Gabriel Diaz-Freire (transfer who played #1 for Loyola Marymount last year) is ineligible for some reason. Kelaidis is really struggling and Giusca is being forced to take his lumps at #1.

Re: yep. 5-21 in the ACC the past 2 seasons

Feb 23, 2019, 4:14 PM

Yea I knew the ACC record was not good at all during that span.Do you personally think John Boetsch is going to turn the corner while he is head coach?I know he was a really good in his days while at Clemson but it just seems as head coach he is having trouble getting the top talent.With the new Indoor facility and new Outdoor courts and I assume Tennis Op building,there is no excuses why Clemson should be able to attract the very best Tennis talent.Chuck Kriese was able to do it for a long long long time with the facilities that John Boetsch had before this season.

I'll TMail you my answer***

Feb 24, 2019, 6:06 PM

Re: men's tennis @ #35 Miami Preview (tomorrow at 10am)

Feb 23, 2019, 3:59 PM

Are the recent Tennis facilities improvements enough to help us attract the type of recruits who can bring a championship?

The new facility is really great

Feb 23, 2019, 4:13 PM

the outdoor one is pretty much the same as it was.

If it can convince even just 1 player to come here who otherwise wouldn't it would be a big deal since 1 player can make a big difference in a lineup .But I am not sure how much the facility will really help attract better talent. We haven't made the NCAA tournament since 2014 and Clemson is quickly losing reputation as a good destination to play tennis at among the American junior players. Usually reputation doesn't matter as much to international guys and it's still possible to get talented internationals to come, so maybe the facilities can help in that regard.

live scoring

Feb 24, 2019, 10:20 AM

http://sidearmstats.com/miami/mten/xlive.htm

Match just started

really bad showing by the Tigers***

Feb 24, 2019, 12:21 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive