Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
lets say the sec, big 12 and acc vote not to play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

lets say the sec, big 12 and acc vote not to play

Aug 10, 2020, 12:54 PM

what could stop lets say clemson, fsu,, bama, auburn, florida , ohio state, oklahoma and what not from just scheduling each other and playing anyway?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lets say the sec, big 12 and acc vote not to play

Aug 10, 2020, 12:58 PM

It's hard to say what these schools can,or can't do.They are in uncharted waters,20 miles off shore,in an 18 foot boat,with no gasoline,sharks swimming around,and the tide is going out.

but...

Aug 10, 2020, 1:02 PM

are they wearing masks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get your point, but pretty sure the tide doesn't affect

Aug 10, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: lets say the sec, big 12 and acc vote not to play ]

you when you are 20 miles off shore.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For what purpose?

Aug 10, 2020, 12:59 PM

If the NCAA and/or conferences say no football, and some schools play anyway, who awards the championship?

It wouldn't be recognized as an official championship.

I'm also no sure if any networks would be allowed to cover it, as it would surely be a breach of contracts they have with various conferences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What purpose?

Well duh so we could watch football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lets say the sec, big 12 and acc vote not to play

Using this regarding the SEC's decision to not play out-of-conference, why couldn't SCar (the reportedly only school who voted for OOC) just scheduled Clemson anyway? When a conference-wide vote happens, what prevents those who oppose the majority from splitting and doing their own thing?

Logic & Logistics!

Aug 10, 2020, 1:32 PM

To be fair, I am totally for them playing but the idea that the individual teams are going to be able to schedule each other is laughable!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic