Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i wonder why this did not make the national news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

i wonder why this did not make the national news

Aug 13, 2020, 11:28 PM

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/nc-man-accused-shooting-5-year-old-neighbor-head-point-blank-range/NLF2XRMIGRDVNNY67BI4KCICY4/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i wonder why this did not make the national news

Aug 14, 2020, 12:05 AM

Narratives and agendas!! It's what helps the current media attention and unfortunately young kids being shot across America isn't helping. Doesn't matter if you are in NC, FL, NY, Chicago, Seattle or black cop in Portland, or black pastor in Michigan. If it doesn't fit the story it doesn't fit the agenda. Sad times when a person throwing a water bottle at BLM/ANTifa protesters gets more attention than blatant shooting of young American kids.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:12 AM

What was the race of the child that is now in Heaven???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 12:19 AM

Ahhh, after reading further into the incident, I see why it didn't make national news!!! I'm betting that there won't be any organization movement called ( WKLM ), White Kids Lives Matter!!!

Also, this kid was completely innocent of any crime, and he wasn't resisting arrest when he was shot dead, and it isn't national news worthy!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 5:28 AM

But can you imagine what it would have been if a southern white guy had walked up to a 5 year old black kid on his bike and shot him? Don't get me wrong anyone who hurts/kills a kid no matter who he is deserves death by torture.

What does this have to do with football?***

Aug 14, 2020, 5:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s on CNN, USA Today, Newsweek, etc

Aug 14, 2020, 6:18 AM

I don’t know why Fox News isn’t covering it.

Re: It’s on CNN, USA Today, Newsweek, etc

Aug 14, 2020, 6:20 AM

It was on Fox last night.

Aug 14, 2020, 6:19 AM

I saw it on Hannity or Carlson last night. Guy shot the kid for riding a bike in front of his house in front of his two sisters. For the person who asks what does this have to do with football, not a thing, we will never know but this little boy might have grown up and been some great football player for Clemson. Now he will never get the chance and his sisters will without a doubt have this image in their minds for a long time.

Aug 14, 2020, 6:27 AM

It's awful and horrifying, but why would it be a big national story? I read about it before, but there are monsters hurting and killing kids all of the time. Anyway, that is horrific. I can't imagine the pain that family is going through. It's beyond comprehension.

Aug 14, 2020, 7:09 AM

It shouldn't be a big, national story. But, let's not pretend if the circumstances were different here that this would be part of every national news broadcast and the topic of endless conversation. That is the point and it's a valid one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the bigger story would be the comments on twitter

Aug 14, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: i wonder why this did not make the national news ]

applauding the action of the shooter, with one guy even tweeting(in a memorial thread) that more white kids need to be executed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I think the bigger story would be the comments on twitter

Aug 14, 2020, 11:17 PM

Those types of people that feel like that, they usually get what is deserving to them bc they aren't smart enough to live their worthless life without screwing up and someone ends their life!!!

Let me reword one of your sentences

Aug 14, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: i wonder why this did not make the national news ]

Why would it be a national story? There are bad cops killing black criminals all the time ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me reword one of your sentences

Aug 14, 2020, 8:59 AM

Is that a serious statement? If so, you are stupid and you are to blame for this as well.

Aug 14, 2020, 7:41 AM

While this is a sports web site,and not a National News outlet,and I feel for the family,the reason this didn't make the news is that it does not fit the "LEFT's" Agenda,and as we all know the "LEFT" controls the media.

Aug 14, 2020, 7:53 AM

It’s so obvious to anyone with a functioning brain that the left (media) is controlling the narrative on this. It’s sickening beyond words.

Aug 14, 2020, 11:29 AM

I totally agree. If the role was in reverse it would have been on the nightly news every night and calling for people to revolt because of racism. It is what it is tho. The world we live in today.
I cannot think what the parents are going through. It was kind of like the man in Greenville that killed his step-daughter (shot her in the head) in front of the girl's mother.

From the article you posted -

Aug 14, 2020, 8:55 AM

Cannon’s death has garnered national attention. People from around the world have been using several hashtags with Cannon’s name on social media, sending prayers, words of encouragement and even monetary donations.

”From Australia, Ohio, Colorado, I mean, it don’t stop. It’s all around the world,” Parker said

Re: From the article you posted -

Aug 14, 2020, 11:20 PM

I think that's what the step dad had said.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic