Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how hard were we recruiting lynch?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

how hard were we recruiting lynch?

May 28, 2019, 10:19 PM

?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hardly at all!!***

May 28, 2019, 11:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch?

May 29, 2019, 1:17 AM

He visited us in Jan so we def had mutual
Intrest but bowman was higher on our board and he committed first. I don’t think Lloyd wanted to be in the same class as bowman so I think things cooled down there with us only taking one more back and having the top priority back in bowman, I personally think uscjr sold him on the fact he will prob be a day one starter and not have to share the ball/ fight to get carries bc I really think bowman is going to be CJ spiller 2.0 Mark it down ( talent and performance maybe not as monumental to the program as a whole like cj) lol Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 2:42 AM

Bowman’s film reminds me more of Feaster than Spiller. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think he’s going to have it between the tackles like he needs to, and I don’t see the acceleration in him that Spiller has to compensate for bouncing runs to the outside & getting away with it. I hate to admit it, but I think SCar got a better all-around RB between the two of them

i’m not sure what film you watched, but I completely

May 29, 2019, 5:37 AM

disagree. Bowman’s film showed both strength and speed. His film reminded me of Spillers high school film. Almost every snap in his footage was him taking the ball to the house.

SCAR’s guy did not show near the speed of Bowman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i’m not sure what film you watched, but I completely

May 29, 2019, 6:49 AM

Bowman looks faster on film. They timed identical in the 40.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

247 has their "verified" 40s with Bowman ahead 4.47 to 4.51.

May 29, 2019, 7:07 AM

Highlights are just that, both look fantastic, Bowman at a higher level of competition - he makes it look easy.

The one thing I really like about Lloyd, he's absolute sterling, simply natural catching passes - very smooth, seamless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 5:42 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

They both look like top flight running backs . Think we both got good players .
Bowman played in the the Florida football environment and excelled to 5 star status though ... that's got bigtime stamped on it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

If Bowman was the preferred target by our coaches

May 29, 2019, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

then I would be shocked if he didn’t turn out to be the more productive back. The talent evaluation abilities of our staff vs UofSC’s staff are night and day, in my opinion.

I personally have zero talent evaluation ability and have watched no film. Just have faith in our coaches, based on history.

null

May 29, 2019, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

Disagree about Bowman not having it between the tackles. The comparisons to Nick Chubb is legit, he bounces off people and RUNS guys over. When have we ever seen Feaster run anybody over?? Feaster tip-toes through the tulips at the line....Bowman runs through it like he's shot out of a cannon (closer to Ellington).

As far as being slower than CJ Spiller....everybody is, including Travis Etienne. Bowman is built like a bowling ball and doesn't need the be the fastest player in the nation to be a great college RB.

Bowman is a stud, we got our guy. I'll take Dabo and Co.'s take on talent evaluation over another coaching staff's any day.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2019, 4:02 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

Huh? Bowman’s film looks nothing like Feaster’s coming out of HS. This kid breaks tackles and gets yards after contact, something Feaster rarely ever done in HS or college.

Bowman is nothing like Feaster. Nothing. Bowman is a

May 30, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

true RB. I'm from Spartanburg and watched Feaster quite a bit in HS. He was a track guy first and foremost. He got away with that in HS because all he needed was a small seam and he was gone because LBs couldn't get there quick enough and he was strong enough that once he was full speed...about 4 steps...DBs weren't going to bring him down. But, mostly he just outran everybody.

Thus, the work in progress that he was when he got to Clemson. The bulking up, learning to block, learning to be patient w/ blocks developing, etc. Spiller was also a track guy who got away with outrunning everybody in HS, but his ankle breaking moves put him on a totally different level.

Bowman is a different cat and the only comparison to Feaster or Spiller is his speed. He'll also run through people.

Sorry but I'm an old fart...Bowman's

May 29, 2019, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

running style reminds me of Terry Allen. but faster in the open field.

May 30, 2019, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: how hard were we recruiting lynch? ]

He visited us in Jan so we def had mutual
Intrest but bowman was higher on our board and he committed first. I don’t think Lloyd wanted to be in the same class as bowman so I think things cooled down there with us only taking one more back and having the top priority back in bowman, I personally think uscjr sold him on the fact he will prob be a day one starter and not have to share the ball/ fight to get carries bc I really think bowman is going to be CJ spiller 2.0 Mark it down ( talent and performance maybe not as monumental to the program as a whole like cj) lol Go Tigers!!

It could be that he is too stupid to pass the Clemson entrance exam. Some of those illiterate idiots in Cootlumbia did not actually sign...they made their mark!!!

Definitely didn’t come across racist at all

May 30, 2019, 8:59 AM

Made their mark? Yikes

I'd be a little worried if it was actually Marshawn Lynch***

May 29, 2019, 11:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2019, 9:03 AM

Who is Lynch?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic