Topic: hot take: Alabama won't make the playoff this year
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jul 18, 2019 5:30 PM by: Clemson81to85
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

hot take: Alabama won't make the playoff this year

[1]
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 3:57 PM

(unless it's a politically inspired 4 seed)

Based on what I'm seeing this week, that locker room is in denial. Too many excuses. That loss hasn't humbled them. There's just too much entitlement there to make the kind of changes in effort and dedication that failure brings after having come oh so close. And there's a hungry georgia team that is hot on their tails. And an embarrassed LSU team. And a cross-state rival that tastes the blood in the water.

No, the empire is crumbling and the foundation has rotted. Someone else is going to take their spot. But if somehow they don't, it'll be a joy going back-to-back.

You're late, but sentiments are shared...

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 3:59 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Al-A-Bam-A-25677405

Re: You're late, but sentiments are shared...

[1]
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 4:06 PM

Sorry I didn't see your post or I would have just replied to it, because you are right on the money.

They are used to being more athletic than their competition, but they won't be with Georgia this season. And, until their QB can figure out what Venables did to them in the championship game, you can bet they are going to see that scheme repeatedly.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Just out of curiosity, who is Tungaviolet's back up. Are they in good shape if he goes down?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 4:15 PM

Mac Jones (who was a 3 star) or Tua's little brother

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: hot take: Alabama won't make the playoff this year

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 4:09 PM

I think this is the year UGA overcomes the "Tide ceiling" and wins the SEC. I don't think SEC gets two teams in.

My 3 logical picks (if any pick can be logical in July) are: Clemson, UGA and Oklahoma. (I'm a big Lincoln Riley believer.)

4th pick? It would be too easy to say Ohio State, so I throw a bone to Harbaugh and pick Michigan to make it.

Would be with you on this, but the rest of the SEC is just

[1]
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 5:30 PM

putrid to the point that they can't come within 3 touchdowns of Bama. The only exception is Georgia and they keep choking against them.

62 Ole Miss 7
45 Tex Am 23
65 Arkansas 31
39 Missouri 10
58 Tennessee 21
29 LSU 0
24 Miss State 0
52 Auburn 21

That's the SEC Gauntlet!!

And then the annual Georgia choke, but Georgia is tougher and should have made the playoff with 2 losses and was disinterested in Texas and the Sugar Bowl, etc. etc.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: Georgia Tech $400 for 2 lower deck tickets PLUS numbered parking at East Beach. Section R, Row V, Se...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
865 people have read this post