Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
football scheduling question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

football scheduling question

Nov 16, 2018, 10:06 AM

Does anyone find it odd that almost every other school schedules a cupcake game this week, the week before the last week of the regular season? However, our team schedules their cupcake for the last week of the regular season.

Is this Swofford's fault?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...

Nov 16, 2018, 10:16 AM

The ACC has no control over the OOC schedule or the dates the games are played.

Next year, u5c has an open date the week before the Clemson game while Clemson will be playing a conference opponent.

I have always been in favor of playing an OOC opponent the week prior to the u5c game. For a short period of time, we did. Generally speaking, however, we don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Biggie, you serious?***

Nov 16, 2018, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He’s right.

Nov 16, 2018, 12:16 PM

That’s why it takes the ACC home office so long to release the conference schedule most years. They have to wait for all the teams to figure out their OOC schedules first, then work around them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Drad just keeps dropping the ball.

Nov 16, 2018, 12:50 PM

You would think he could also get us a few more bye weeks in there too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yup !!!***

Nov 16, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Biggie, you serious?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: football scheduling question

Nov 16, 2018, 10:29 AM

No, blame it on the State Legislature.
See, Swofford has been trying for years to make the ACC stronger by getting one SEC team to transfer, making it more inviting for Notre Dame. But Notre Dame won't join unless that team is Alabama, and since Bama would be a fool to leave the SEC, it was hoped that the Game Chickens might reconsider.
But since they told Swofford the only way they would come in would be if they were to be placed in the Coastal so they wouldn't have to face us every year. he said O.K.but the State Legislature vetoed the move saying they would have to raise taxes to make up for all the lost revenue this game brings into the state each year.
So, Clemson is the only school in the Nation who can schedule a cupcake game for their season-ending game.
Now if we could only find a way to make it a home game every year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of the Cawks...

Nov 16, 2018, 8:47 PM

a friend of mine has a son who plays for u5c.

He was telling me yesterday that as 30 point favorites against UTC, the team spent very little time this past week preparing for the UTC game choosing instead to start installing the game plan for Clemson.

Bless their hearts !!!

Two weeks to prepare and they're still going to lose by 40+

Re: Speaking of the Cawks...

Nov 16, 2018, 10:47 AM

I dont see enough practice availble in the whole season to save them from their fate against us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Nov 16, 2018, 10:31 AM

I see what you did there. Nice!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: football scheduling question

Nov 16, 2018, 11:50 AM

The SEC does that to help the teams that have ACC rivals for final games or their huge matchups (Iron Bowl).

For a few years, the ACC did it too, more or less, but they stopped. Probably because they wanted to get some more TV $$$ with games that count while 6 SEC schools are taking the weekend off.

Just last year, Clemson played The Citadel the week before SCAR game.

Check the schedules for the other ACC schools with SEC rivals.

Clemson: 2013 Citadel, 2014 Georgia State, 2015 Wake Forest, 2016 Wake Forest, 2017 Citadel, 2018 Duke
Ga Tech: 2013 Alabama A&M, 2014 Clemson, 2015 Miami, 2016 UVA, 2017 Duke, 2018 UVA
FSU: 2013 Idaho, 2014 BC, 2015 Chattanooga, 2016 Syracuse, 2017 Delaware St. 2018 BC
Louisville: 2013 (not in ACC), 2014 Notre Dame, 2015 Pitt, 2016 Houston, 2017 Syracuse, 2018 NC State

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We knew we'd have a conference title coming up

Nov 16, 2018, 12:56 PM

so we needed a bye before that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic