Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
couple observations from game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,868

couple observations from game

Oct 21, 2018, 11:23 AM

We seem to always be on the edge of lining up offsides on defense. They call it every now and then. Should be easy to clean up. Would be a mess to habe that called at a crirical time in a big game ! Also - the fake fg...Would seem that, given the yardage involved, letting the offense take care of it might have been a better option. Or take the 3. Thought the call was strange based on down/distance scenario

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: couple observations from game

Oct 21, 2018, 11:31 AM

agree.thought that was a little too cute.chip shot FG was a better choice.unfortunately,dabo did not pick up the phone when I called.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 21, 2018, 11:32 AM

With all the positives coming out of this game, you want to talk about these things? Ross, Higgins, Thompson and Renfrow all came up huge. TL looked great, and the defense played maybe it's 2nd best game of the year, although WF wasn't even a contest after the first quarter. Well, this one was over at half, but solid game in all phases.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My observation

Oct 21, 2018, 11:40 AM

Some of you just have to find something to whine about

The staff,in game that they controlled from the opening kick,wanted to try a few little things in live action,just in case they need it later on.

The D Line has been lining up as close as they can since Lawson was here. watched him line up offside 3 times in 2016 Playoff game.Do wish they'd watch it closer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you agree with his observation? Why the snarky opener?***

Oct 21, 2018, 2:51 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 2:41 PM

I believe they were so comfortable at the time they wanted to try things they work on in practice in real game situations. Even though you do not believe they read tnet, I think Wilkins was going to throw the pass on the jumbo package. And the fake field goal is the same play Purdue ran to get a first down that turned into a TD. There are very few times when the stars align allowing you an opportunity to get real world experience. Next time it can succeed because now we have film of what to work on.
The offsides is unfortunate but you always try to get an edge. Hopefully no more penalties for that the rest of the year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 3:07 PM

smfh after totally dominating an undefeated team all you can come up with is negatives. must be really rosy being in your world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 3:44 PM

Not sure why they did the fake field goal, but it was there if Swinney had not fumbled the snap.

He almost got it after the fumbled snap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic