Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
coots are outraged that we did not cancel our game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

coots are outraged that we did not cancel our game.

Sep 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

The most active thread on their site is about how bad we are for playing football on Saturday. The butthurt is strong with them. lol

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/quempsum-is-the-only-college-in-nc-or-sc-that-i-can-find-not-to-reschedule-or-cancel.275235/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a bunch of ?? losers. Clemson is almost in the Blue Ridge mountains.

Sep 14, 2018, 11:13 AM

Cuz...soccer. pretty sure at halftime...

Sep 14, 2018, 11:58 AM

They use the other end of that thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: coots are outraged that we did not cancel our game.

Sep 14, 2018, 11:17 AM

I guess they are but hurt that we math better than them. It’s just basic math to determine the speed at which is storm is traveling, the distance it has to cover to reach your location, and then adjust your game time forward to still hold the game and avoid the storm. We also have the advantage of being further north than Columbia. Our geographical advantage also reinforces the City Moro; “Columbia: an hour’s drive from somewhere nice”.

Sep 14, 2018, 9:56 PM

Even more basic math is when one poster said that we were worried about only having an 11 game resume to justify a CFP invite. When the end of Nov comes around and the coots are facing going to Clemson with a 5-5 record trying to become bowl eligible they will be regretting not having played their game this week.

Sep 14, 2018, 9:57 PM

Or maybe not. If they had played Marshall, they may have been coming to Clemson with a 5-6 record.

But all the valuable State Troopers will be spending their

Sep 14, 2018, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: coots are outraged that we did not cancel our game. ]

time in their cars in Clemson instead of spending time in their cars in Myrtle Beach.

Misuse of resources!!!!!!!!!!!!11

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

post is wrong, we did reschedule from 3:30 to noon

Sep 14, 2018, 11:19 AM

Just like uga. They just don't understand how this works. Drad is in communication with state and local authorities discussing both potential impacts to immediate area weather wise and potential impacts involved with state resources such as police. Im sure if he were told things were thin and state really couldnt afford to send/divert law enforcement resources he wouldn't argue. Let's be clear who is ultimately calling the shots. We are the ones requesting law enforcement resources from state and local authorities, they are the provider. If they say no, decision is out of our hands, so by deduction they must of said it wasn't a problem

Re: post is wrong, we did reschedule from 3:30 to noon

Sep 14, 2018, 6:02 PM

Yet they seem to have no issue with UGA playing at the same time, a mere 75 miles away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hotel reservations are part of their issue

Sep 14, 2018, 11:40 AM

with a lot of people from the lower part of state moving to Columbia to stay in hotels because of the hurricane; some of those people would have to be displaced by those with reservations for the game or they would have to cancel those for the ball game - either way, this is easier for them to handle. I don't disagree with their decision; nor do I disagree with Clemson's to play. it is just using facts to make a decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the going rate at the

Sep 14, 2018, 11:46 AM

Whitney this week-end????

What's the going rate at the

Sep 14, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: hotel reservations are part of their issue ]

Whitney this week-end????

They can go to Augusta then.

Sep 14, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: hotel reservations are part of their issue ]

D’oh!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

They are jealous that we're in God's country and they aren't

Sep 14, 2018, 11:50 AM

Plus, our school's leadership actually has the intelligence to understand weather patterns, as well as the communication skills to discuss a reasonable plan of action with state authorities. In contrast, their school's leadership made a knee-jerk decision, and their overreaction is now irreversible.

We get to watch our team play football Saturday, and they have to stay at home living vicariously through other SEC teams - even more than they usually do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm outraged that coots field a pathetic FB program***

Sep 14, 2018, 12:00 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hell let's see if Marshall wants to play at 4!

Sep 14, 2018, 12:14 PM

That'll REALLY get them stirred up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they'll be steaming mad all day Saturday...sitting in

Sep 14, 2018, 12:26 PM

front of their TV's drinking beer and watching football.

I can picture it now: "How dare those taters play fooseball while people are getting rained on. If that Dabo was a real Christian he'd be at the coast carrying my grandma to safety. Burrrrp! Somebody get me another beer! What channel's their game on?"

Their "internet fans" aren't worth the time y'all spend lurking on FGF. Seriously.

Sep 14, 2018, 12:34 PM

We did reschedule to 3.5 hours earlier. They should be happy.

They should be outraged by their pitiful football team

Sep 14, 2018, 12:35 PM

As usual, they are totally consumed by and their entire focus is on Clemson.

It really must suck to be them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 14, 2018, 12:42 PM

I figured they would be thankful their football game was cancelled. This gives them extra time to break down their incoming women's basketball recruits. #Priorities

Sep 14, 2018, 5:43 PM

Carolina cancelled because they didn't want back to back losses

I don't care in the slightest what they think

Sep 14, 2018, 12:48 PM

And I wish they would MTOFB. They're trying to create some imaginary moral high ground when there is none to be had.

Sep 14, 2018, 1:00 PM

I actually heard the conversation. It went like this...
Tanner: How are y'all looking against Marshall this weekend?
Muschump: We might not be as good as we were talked up to be.
Tanner: What does that mean???
Muschump: Is there anyway out of this game?
Tanner: Isn't there a hurricane or something coming?
Muschump: That is not going to be until after the gam...Wait YES!!!! Hurricane. Cancel quick!!!
Tanner: Done!

Sep 14, 2018, 2:57 PM

All good points. I would add, we have leadership who understand a wait and see approach re weather. They held regular meetings with everyone who has a stake in the game. It's easier to cancel than un-cancel.

Their facilities, program, leaders and student body

Sep 14, 2018, 3:16 PM

are evidence that we are superior at planning and predicting in every facet of sport and life than they are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last I checked

Sep 14, 2018, 3:33 PM

Clemson was a public university, just like SCAR. I am sure that if playing our game were deemed to put unnecessary strain on limited resources, then we would not be playing, whether we like it or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2018, 3:53 PM

If you want a good laugh, here's Ray Tanner's comments on the situation:

"We do have Dave Brown as a consultant to the Southeastern Conference who helps us with scheduling. Mark Womack in the SEC office. So, there’s people in involved. We’ll start pursuing that . . . The October 20 date is an open date for us, but it also puts us in a position to play 10 straight weekends. Would that be in your best interest? If we can make it to the championship game, you’re playing on December 1st. If you’re not, is that a viable date?"

The denial is still strong despite getting manhandled by UGA.

Sep 14, 2018, 5:38 PM

What is disgusting is some of our fans going over to FGF trying to get that bunch of ingrate idiots to like them by posting "pleasant" opinions and even agreeing with them quite often! Reminds me a lot of Joe Scarborough on Good Morning Joe.

Water is wet. Coots are unhappy. Tigers are awesome.

Sep 14, 2018, 5:51 PM

Can't change some things.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic