Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
conference only schedules may have just cancelled football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 744

conference only schedules may have just cancelled football

Jul 10, 2020, 8:04 AM

altogether unless all conferences including non power 5 and FCS gets on board and agrees. Reading some articles about some potential pitfalls of this decision leads me to believe this will cause the season to be cancelled all together unless all are in agreement due to wording in some of the contracts with out of conference schools. Per this article in USA Today (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2020/07/09/big-ten-football-mac-schools-guarantee-games-millions-lost-revenue/5409321002/), many of the contracts do contain wording addressing cancelling due to unforeseen circumstances or in some cases spells out pandemic, but reading some other sources this may not hold up if any football is played at all. How can a school argue in court that they are cancelling a game due to the pandemic and unsafe conditions to a non conference opponent solely because they are non conference and then make the argument that is then ok and the condition doesn't exist for a conference school that may be located in the exact same state or a state that is worse in virus numbers than that of the non conference opponent is from. If ACC goes to this, how can Clemson argue that were not playing UofSUC or The Citadel in our same state due to virus concerns but it is ok to play teams from FL and GA with worse numbers than SC just because they are ACC schools? I dont think that would hold up in court, thus meaning schools that cancel these contracts would be responsible for paying the damages listed in the contract unless they come to an agreement with the other party. If this is the case, I see the season being scrapped all together due that many schools would not be able to afford to pay the damages on top of a reduced season that would already be seeing a reduction in revenue due to probable reduced fan capacity restrictions. To me it seems , unless everyone agrees to hold harmless, then its either play all football or no football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 744
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic